Is this cryptic tweet a sign of whats to come?

Advertisement
Didn't know Simpson was an auburn grad. Maybe a connection between Steele, robinson, and Simpson..Although none of them were there at the same time.

So what @JayCane20 , @nycane and myself said a week ago it wasn’t official and manny was trying to find a way to keep him. Does he get his info by carrier pigeon?
Well, this is where we want him Cribby. Not spilling info out like he did with Rique. Can you imagine all the info he would be breaking if he had access? Everything!!!
So he’s doing just fine, lol.

Advertisement
It was not unpleasant by any means. I think people took what I said the wrong way... he was not exactly happy because he was an outsider on the staff. Diaz, Banda, Patke, and then Baker came right before he left.. they hung out together and ran all of the meetings. He’s far more qualified than Patke and Patke was seemingly more relied upon.

He would come back because he’s basically out of options
I'd love to attend some of these defensive meetings just to listen to Patke. Manny seems to think he's some young Bill Belichick or something but I just don't see it.

Advertisement
20D600C2-E871-4142-922D-4161DB4CFC59.png

70EF99B4-45BC-4D4F-8F69-36A1EAF15340.jpeg

Advertisement
Advertisement
I remember our biggest gripe with Simpson was that he didn’t recruit. I know the NFL experience speaks for itself though

Says something at the end of the article, but seemed more rumor

Most interesting takeaway there is AUB owes him $5M which is mitigated by future employment. So we could pay him $250k a year and AU has to pay him $1.25M each year through 2022.

Simpson was a technician and I liked his energy. However, to bring back someone that left you in your first year is oppositional to the ballsy move to go all in and get a guy like Robinson.

Too many elite DL prospects (kids like Stewart, Jones JR, Dante Anderson) right now now to settle on taking Simpson IMO.

Hoping we can hold off and pay up for a relentless recruiter and proven guy...
Partridge, enough said!

Advertisement
Back