Is this cryptic tweet a sign of whats to come?

Advertisement
Won’t do it to myself.
No No No GIF
👊🏿

If any / all of this is true, Manny is clearly determined to do whatever it takes to win. As much of a clown as he can be on the sidelines, he doesn't seem to be a guy that is ok wasting his shot by being loyal to friends
I see it more like the board and James really want the Manny experiment to succeed so they can save face. It seems they are opening the vault.

Advertisement
First off I said multiple big names were their first calls , secondly I don’t like this guy stealing my gimmick. In wrestling this is called “ gimmick infringement “.
You slacking big dawg. Get your shut together.
1610294298834.gif

Advertisement
I would be very very happy with Simpson coming bac
Doesn’t a Simpson hire by Manny mean a DC move isn’t coming? And if it does, they aren’t bringing their assistant’s?

Last edited:
Advertisement
Simpson was a technician and I liked his energy. However, to bring back someone that left you in your first year is oppositional to the ballsy move to go all in and get a guy like Robinson.

Too many elite DL prospects (kids like Stewart, Jones JR, Dante Anderson) right now now to settle on taking Simpson IMO.

Hoping we can hold off and pay up for a relentless recruiter and proven guy...

Advertisement
Why assume the parting of Simpson and Manny the first time was anything less than amicable? I don't remember anyone saying it was unpleasant. My recollection is Simpson stayed and finished out the recruiting cycle and let Manny announce a replacement. It wasn't a secret that Simpson had the long time relationship with Mark Richt. The rest of the defensive staff were clearly Manny's guys and if Simpson did have any kind of "philosophical/schematic" differences, it didn't seem to be something the public knew.

IDK. If Simpson comes back, that could also mean Manny intends to tweak his defense a bit...

As I said yesterday. I believe Pruitt wanted to hire Simpson and they go way back. Tennessee put on a hiring freeze when Pruitt had Simpson and an OL coach lined up to hire.

Simpson reached out to manny before that and Manny seemed to be going in another direction. That was last week.

Would be a good hire. I usually don’t like recycling coaches but I’ve said before that Simpson could be our DC and would do well. He’s that well thought of. He’s got the legit NFL experience now so it shouldn’t be in doubt.

but as far as I’ve heard he’s not the guy yet.

Advertisement
Back