Is this cryptic tweet a sign of whats to come?

Advertisement
Why assume the parting of Simpson and Manny the first time was anything less than amicable? I don't remember anyone saying it was unpleasant. My recollection is Simpson stayed and finished out the recruiting cycle and let Manny announce a replacement. It wasn't a secret that Simpson had the long time relationship with Mark Richt. The rest of the defensive staff were clearly Manny's guys and if Simpson did have any kind of "philosophical/schematic" differences, it didn't seem to be something the public knew.

IDK. If Simpson comes back, that could also mean Manny intends to tweak his defense a bit...
It was not unpleasant by any means. I think people took what I said the wrong way... he was not exactly happy because he was an outsider on the staff. Diaz, Banda, Patke, and then Baker came right before he left.. they hung out together and ran all of the meetings. He’s far more qualified than Patke and Patke was seemingly more relied upon.

He would come back because he’s basically out of options

Advertisement
Screenshot_20210110-171304_The Athletic.jpg
this is out of manny navarros article from two hours ago

Why assume the parting of Simpson and Manny the first time was anything less than amicable? I don't remember anyone saying it was unpleasant. My recollection is Simpson stayed and finished out the recruiting cycle and let Manny announce a replacement. It wasn't a secret that Simpson had the long time relationship with Mark Richt. The rest of the defensive staff were clearly Manny's guys and if Simpson did have any kind of "philosophical/schematic" differences, it didn't seem to be something the public knew.

IDK. If Simpson comes back, that could also mean Manny intends to tweak his defense a bit...
Yep. Stroud was brought in because manny knew Simpson was looking to the pros.

Advertisement
Advertisement
Advertisement

It's not like Simpson left us for another school. The dude got not only one of the 32 NFL DL positions in the world, but in his home town too. You give a guy a high five when he walks into your office to tell you he's taking the same position in the NFL.

Man Steele just spent the last 2 years working behind the scenes with boosters at Auburn to get Malzahn fired and himself the gig, want nothing to do with that type
Is this confirmed? I've seen it in here but did this for sure happen?

Advertisement
Back