Senior
Miami - Richt
FSU - Jimbo
Florida - McElwain
UCF - Frost
USF - Strong
FIU - Butch
FAU - Kiffin

Seriously, short of playing for Saban, Meyer, and MAYBE Dabo, I doubt there will be many top Florida players leaving the state to play college ball.

Those 7 coaches should be able to land 100-150 of the most highly rated players in the state.

A school like Marshall might fall completely off the map! Same with WVU and Lousiville.

Advertisement
Despite Frost being year 1, McElwain sticks out like a sore thumb in that list.

I don't think that WVU/Lousville should be worried just yet, but schools like Syracuse and Illinois are in big trouble.

Miami - Richt
FSU - Jimbo
Florida - McElwain
UCF - Frost
USF - Strong
FIU - Butch
FAU - Kiffin

Seriously, short of playing for Saban, Meyer, and MAYBE Dabo, I doubt there will be many top Florida players leaving the state to play college ball.

Those 7 coaches should be able to land 100-150 of the most highly rated players in the state.

A school like Marshall might fall completely off the map! Same with WVU and Lousiville.

Good point on WVU and Louisville in particular. USF, UCF, FIU, and FAU are pretty lousy schools academically, so you have to think they will pick up grade-issue and problem-with-authority type players. You have to think more under-the-radar players will find their way to those schools, but I also think that there will not be as many unknowns as a result of this ramp up.

Either way, I can't imagine that any of the tier 2 coaches are aiming to stay at their respective schools. Also, unless these schools sustain a few winning years (I think only USF is in the position to do that in the short term), I think it will be extremely hard for them to hold on to any superstar coaches and coordinators.

And as far as Tier I losers go, I think FSU and UF have a lot more to lose than Miami. USF and UCF are more legit, and they'll be competing with FSU and UF for 3 star depth players with the promise of immediate playing time and a stepped up role. FAU and FIU are light years behind and will not be plucking talent we want for some time (if ever)

It's a pretty limited pool, given the number of FBS schools in FL.

I can't think of any state besides Texas and California that have so many FBS football programs.

Advertisement
With this many name coaches competing for recruits, I predict that a couple of programs will be in trouble with the NCAA very soon. Recruiting is a messy business at best. Now, it's going to take on a cage match feel.

This will only serve to show again how the entire state of California has woefully underperformed on the college level for a long long time.

Miami - Richt
FSU - Jimbo
Florida - McElwain
UCF - Frost
USF - Strong
FIU - Butch
FAU - Kiffin

Pretty much. Like you said, outside of Alabama, Ohio State, and MAYBE Clemson, other P5 schools are SOL. If they want 3-5 star FL recruits, they are going to have to dry out their resources to get them and if they do that, people may in fact lose their jobs.

These kids are smarter than we give them credit for, and they know what they will get if they stay home and get to play for any of those 7 coaches. And that is a quality college education and playing football for some of the best minds in collegiate sports. If at least 5 of these coaches stay for a long period of time(I see Frost and Kiffin leaving for bigger jobs), you are going to definitely see a power change in college football. No longer would teams across the country will be able to poach talent from Florida like they have in the past. I bet if you did some research that you would see that the vast majority of out of state talent that non-Florida schools get are in fact from Florida.

Advertisement
I'm just here to confirm that I didn't start this thread and I wasn't the first one to bring up Butch Davis the God.

say what you want, guy has his team in the championship two years in a row! I can't stand ufag, **** if Richt would have done that. I saw us pulling away from all of them over the next few years tho. This class is about to help continue the call rolling.

Florida, Texas, Cali & with the emergence of PJ Fleck, Michigan moves into that discussion (even though Fleck will eventually take a bigger job elsewhere).

say what you want, guy has his team in the championship two years in a row! I can't stand ufag, **** if Richt would have done that. I saw us pulling away from all of them over the next few years tho. This class is about to help continue the call rolling.

Goes to show how bad the SEC east is..they have the same record as us..

Advertisement
Closest thing I can think of is Dantonio, Harbaugh and Fleck in Michigan

I don't think that WVU/Lousville should be worried just yet, but schools like Syracuse and Illinois are in big trouble.

This.

Big names at USF, FAU, and FIU will make their uphill march a little less steep, but they're still USF, FAU, and FIU.

And while each of Kiffin, Strong, and Butch come in with well-regarded cranks, they've got warts.

Can Kiffin be anything but brash, bratty and egotistical with that silver spoon stuck so firmly up his ***? Coach, why would I commit to play for you when I know you're already looking for your next job?

Can Strong actually coach when he doesn't have that b!tchass Bridgewater to bail him out? Coach, why are you so short?

Can Butch "evaluate and develop" his way to wins at FIU with his busy schedule of calling errant timeouts and greasing tutors? Coach, why are you in a wheelchair?

Advertisement
1.McElwain is garbage
2. Strong is garbage without Bridgewater.
3. Most states don't have 7 FBS teams like Florida does.

It's a pretty limited pool, given the number of FBS schools in FL.

I can't think of any state besides Texas and California that have so many FBS football programs.

Ohio has Eight FBS programs...How do you think O$Uck piles up easy wins year after year (plus they play FCS Youngstown St.every 10 years or so).

Advertisement
Back