Is there an immediate game changer among the incoming class?

OrlandoCane

Junior
Premium
I know there are incoming freshmen that will develop into game changers, but I'm talking someone that will come in an impact the outcome of a game from the very first game. Are there any in this year's class?

George O'Leary who once said "The further away from the ball a player lines up, the greater chance of him playing as a freshman." I agree.

Based on this, I think Lockhart at WR has the potential to be a surprise player from the first game. He's my #1 candidate. His film looks great. He has nice speed. And, he's got an extra year of experience since he went to prep school.

My #2 is Duke, though he lines up much closer to the ball. In limited action, I would not be surprised if he makes a big play or two against BC.

Thoughts?

Advertisement
I have this gut feeling the Jenkins is going to come in a make plays at S. Kid has sick athletic ability.

Advertisement
I know there are incoming freshmen that will develop into game changers, but I'm talking someone that will come in an impact the outcome of a game from the very first game. Are there any in this year's class?

George O'Leary who once said "The further away from the ball a player lines up, the greater chance of him playing as a freshman." I agree.

Based on this, I think Lockhart at WR has the potential to be a surprise player from the first game. He's my #1 candidate. His film looks great. He has nice speed. And, he's got an extra year of experience since he went to prep school.

My #2 is Duke, though he lines up much closer to the ball. In limited action, I would not be surprised if he makes a big play or two against BC.

Thoughts?

Not to thread jack, but it always amazes me that WRs are able to contribute so early in their college careers, but are considered slow starters in the NFL. I know the DB competition is so much better in the pros, but I would think in general it's that much better in college than HS too.

Im hoping at least two of the DB coming in are ready to contribute. Being able to play more man to man defense is going to help our pass rush.

Duke will be the one to have a chance to make an impact (in the run and return game).

On defense, a freshman CB better be ready to step up. I'm betting on Howard.

Advertisement
Howard, Duke, Bush, Lockhart, Kirby, Hoilett, and Hope will all see the field. With Lockhart and Duke making the most immediate impact. Very excited to see this class develop over the coming years

Duke's only impact this year wil be on special teams alongside Dorsett

Lockhart starts here from day one and has a year of college conditioning and experience under his belt.

Thoughts?

Not to thread jack, but it always amazes me that WRs are able to contribute so early in their college careers, but are considered slow starters in the NFL. I know the DB competition is so much better in the pros, but I would think in general it's that much better in college than HS too.

It's probably b/c in college, you can get away with basically outrunning people, running a limited amount of routes and sloppy technique way more than you can in the pros.

Advertisement
I have this gut feeling the Jenkins is going to come in a make plays at S. Kid has sick athletic ability.

I have that same feeling. Kid is a superb athlete. I hope he can come in and provide some athleticism at the S position. On offense i'd go with Duke and maybe even Malcolm Lewis who looks very polished and reminds me a lot of Allen Hurns. Lewis may have a bit more speed.

Advertisement
Seems like Gunter is a lock for PT, though I doubt he's a game changer.

I don't think any of the fish will be "game changer" types other than Duke, who I expect to win us a ballgame or two.

Duke will get 10 carries in the first game and it's onward and upward from there. He's so much better than the other backs, it's inevitable.

Duke will get 10 carries in the first game and it's onward and upward from there. He's so much better than the other backs, it's inevitable.

i disagree

i think hes probably gonna touch the ball around 12-15 times a game........including STs

crawford wasnt moved from DB to not touch the ball on offense

that makes 4 guys getting reps at RB

Advertisement
Back