Is there an end result that can justify this entire process?

youngbuck

Recruit
Well gentlemen, we've reached the point where AD candidates from lower tier schools are publicly withdrawing their names from consideration. It would be one thing if we were just days into the process. However, here we are 2+ weeks from when the position opened up and all we have so far is all around rampant speculation on how this entire process is playing out. Say what you want about Frenk and his men playing '4d chess', 'moving in silence', etc. but we're still here with Diaz as HC. No clue on Diaz's future, while big time, competent programs are making moves hours within the end of their season or needing a replacement coach (Oklahoma being the exception but I'm willing to bet they will have a new HC announced before we have an AD).

Aside from a grabbing a whale like Urban Meyer, what can this administration pull off where we would be able to look back and say "I understand why this entire process took this long" while having some positivity regarding the future of the program? IMO it would have to be a massive culture change with all new personnel, AD & Coach, who have no ties to the past of this program.

Mario? With all the conspiracy theories being thrown around about Mario being the guy and waiting until post-Pac12 Championship. That possible scenario is just laughable and if it were to happen highlights the many current problems surrounding this program. Look at Brian Kelly. Notre Dame can possibly sneak into the final 4 teams but Brian Kelly is out the ******* door to LSU. Mario hasn't had the success of a head coach to hold a program hostage while keeping Diaz in the wind . Maybe I am biased as I don't believe Mario is what we need at the moment. Good coach? Sure. But take a step back and look at his current success at Oregon. A lot of it is due to the coaching carousel that is the PAC-12.

Gino and Zo being a major part of the Athletic Department going forward? OK, sure. Any AD who is OK with this scenario isn't a true AD. If any new AD is OK with this, they're a cuck of an AD. Just like anyone with common sense knew Manny wasn't the guy when a "Chief of Staff" had to be added to the coaching staff. This move would be the equivalent.

Outside of the whale scenario. After the announcement of a new AD, what if we get the news of Manny being brought back another year? Yes, you can then actually look back and say "I understand why this entire process took this long". However, it would be the death knell of the program.

This is my late night rambling and I'll go back lurking as I have the past few years (is a good bit of the crew from Grassy still around?). After seeing the moves of USC, LSU, and even Notre Dame, I just don't get what Miami is doing. While the program is trying to say all the right things (ex. throwing more money into the program). The way this process is moving just really feels as if we're circling the drain and the inevitable is bound to happen.

Advertisement
Well gentlemen, we've reached the point where AD candidates from lower tier schools are publicly withdrawing their names from consideration. It would be one thing if we were just days into the process. However, here we are 2+ weeks from when the position opened up and all we have so far is all around rampant speculation on how this entire process is playing out. Say what you want about Frenk and his men playing '4d chess', 'moving in silence', etc. but we're still here with Diaz as HC. No clue on Diaz's future, while big time, competent programs are making moves hours within the end of their season or needing a replacement coach (Oklahoma being the exception but I'm willing to bet they will have a new HC announced before we have an AD).

Aside from a grabbing a whale like Urban Meyer, what can this administration pull off where we would be able to look back and say "I understand why this entire process took this long" while having some positivity regarding the future of the program? IMO it would have to be a massive culture change with all new personnel, AD & Coach, who have no ties to the past of this program.

Mario? With all the conspiracy theories being thrown around about Mario being the guy and waiting until post-Pac12 Championship. That possible scenario is just laughable and if it were to happen highlights the many current problems surrounding this program. Look at Brian Kelly. Notre Dame can possibly sneak into the final 4 teams but Brian Kelly is out the ******* door to LSU. Mario hasn't had the success of a head coach to hold a program hostage while keeping Diaz in the wind . Maybe I am biased as I don't believe Mario is what we need at the moment. Good coach? Sure. But take a step back and look at his current success at Oregon. A lot of it is due to the coaching carousel that is the PAC-12.

Gino and Zo being a major part of the Athletic Department going forward? OK, sure. Any AD who is OK with this scenario isn't a true AD. If any new AD is OK with this, they're a cuck of an AD. Just like anyone with common sense knew Manny wasn't the guy when a "Chief of Staff" had to be added to the coaching staff. This move would be the equivalent.

Outside of the whale scenario. After the announcement of a new AD, what if we get the news of Manny being brought back another year? Yes, you can then actually look back and say "I understand why this entire process took this long". However, it would be the death knell of the program.

This is my late night rambling and I'll go back lurking as I have the past few years (is a good bit of the crew from Grassy still around?). After seeing the moves of USC, LSU, and even Notre Dame, I just don't get what Miami is doing. While the program is trying to say all the right things (ex. throwing more money into the program). The way this process is moving just really feels as if we're circling the drain and the inevitable is bound to happen.
Marvel Studios Reaction GIF by Disney+

Butch Davis 2024

Advertisement

Okay, what's your banned aliases?

If that dude turned the job down. Just think about that. Miami is home for him? If its true, if he turned it down? There is no positive in that. That is scary stuff.

Advertisement
Biitching about a hire that hasn’t happened yet is not worth the effort.

Once the hire happens, celebrate it or get out the tiki torches and protest at the Hecht. But for all we know right now, we may be on the verge of an absolute home run hire. Either that or a world class shiit show. Gotta let it play out.

Advertisement

Feeling Old GIF by A&E

Advertisement
it's very typical for miami to focus only on mario.

we don't HAVE to have someone with miami ties. He's good and an upgrade for sure but I wish we would kick the tires on lane, fickell, and campbell

We dont even have an AD! WHO has made the decision that it is Mario or nothing? I hope thats not true. If thats true, there is no fixing this.

We dont even have an AD! WHO has made the decision that it is Mario or nothing? I hope thats not true. If thats true, there is no fixing this.
I mean I'm guessing like anyone else but has ANY other name been tied to us at all? all anyone reporter or anyone who hears anything has said it's either mario or manny comes back

Advertisement
Back