Is there an end result that can justify this entire process?

A month and a half ago, Ed Orgeron was fired. 2 and a half months ago Clay Helton was fired.

Those schools used all their time and resources and pulled off the impossible.

Advertisement
Wasn't everyone up in arms over recent quick hiring searches?
Also, Jurich? Don't we wonder why no one else is chasing after him?

If after taking their time, doing due diligence, a "bad" set of hiring is done, sure be upset. But in the meantime, this is seemingly what everyone has been asking for.

The last 12 years has taught me not to hold my breath. So I'm waiting patiently to see if I'll be watching football next year or not.

I'LL WISH TVD AND THE MEN THE BEST OF LUCK if the wrong hire is produced.

Now Streaming Star Trek GIF by Paramount+

Advertisement
He withdrew from the position because he was probably never offered or he got an interview but didn’t hear anything from them.

No doubt Sam Jankovich made a Faustian bargain for the 5. His first penance was him taking the Patriots CEO job. The University has been paying ever since.
That was the biggest mistake of his life. Victor Kiam was the owner back then. Good god.

Advertisement
Typical cis. *****ed about quick hires and ***** about it taking some time. I would rather them take a few weeks and hopefully hit it right than an overnight hire like No D Manny. If they do not get it right I will be one of the first in one *****ing.
Apples to oranges

Frenk leaving and someone competent coming in at the top who values and understands the role of athletics in higher Ed.
Somehow think if Frenk ends up leaving it is because the Epstein and Blake/Manny supporter faction ultimately wins out.

He was practically a lame duck prior to this. He appears to be aligning with the group on the BOT that wants change and is willing to back it with substantial money. If they win out I believe he stays in their good graces. For him this is about his own survival.

Regardless what you think of Frenk, him staying may signal the end of the old guard's power on the BOT and the possibility we see the changes needed in the athletic department come to fruition.

Advertisement
Somehow think if Frenk ends up leaving it is because the Epstein and Blake/Manny supporter faction ultimately wins out.

He was practically a lame duck prior to this. He appears to be aligning with the group on the BOT that wants change and is willing to back it with substantial money. If they win out I believe he stays in their good graces. For him this is about his own survival.

Regardless what you think of Frenk, him staying may signal the end of the old guard's power on the BOT and the possibility we see the changes needed in the athletic department come to fruition.

Maybe Frank goes scorched earth against the old guard on the BoT and hires an alpha maverick like Jurich. He's got nothing to lose... he is on his way out anyway. This could be his legacy!

Advertisement
Whomever the coach is will have holes to fill in the portal due to this abysmal recruiting class. We’ll suck again in the trenches and linebacker and corner

Of course it can be justified with a couple home run hires and properly allocated money into the sports programs. An AD comparable to Jurich/Rad and a coach like Mario/Lane and this whole process would be justified as a tremendous success. Judging by how this is all going, it seems the toxic BOT members are cut out and acting like children about it, while the adults in the room are trying to do this properly.

That doesn’t mean they will get it right, but it certainly is a step in the right direction IMO.

Advertisement
Back