Is there a real possibility of Diaz getting fired after next year?

Advertisement
Just stop the BS and give me 2 New coordinators...Guve me a Yost-type
Then why won't the alonzo situation happen if too many upper people are mad? Why is Enos still on the staff if everyone hates him? Because UM gonna UM....
Somethings going to happen....Nobody said Alonzo thing didnt happen...All I said it wouldn't surprise me if it didn't....

Nope. We’re stuck with this **** show for at least 2 more years. Look at the pattern of previous coaches. Everyone gets at least 3 years. And miss me with the “this is really year 4 for Manny”. I know that and you know that, but Blake James the jackass doesn’t see it that way.

Advertisement
They signed a top 25 class.
they only signed 18 players, still short on O lineman and CB's. class rank 17, need to be consistent top 10( stack talent) if your goal is BCS
IF your goal is 6,7,8 wins water down the schedule and become what we are a dead average Coastal program
but whatever keeps those ACC checks a coming,

As long as fans continue to purchase tickets, apparel, and donate to the school, Diaz will be around. Anonymous members of the BoT have already confirmed that's what they care about: money.

So you think the same folks who think Blake James is doing a good job because of his fundraising are going to buy-out Manny Diaz's contract and then pony up more money on a good coach? C'mon, man.

Stop contributing money, period. Then, and only then, will there be changes.
It is certain that the ONLY thing UM cares about is MONEY, not education OR athletics. The real crunch will come if we continue for years to be the worst team in the conference in all sports every season. Then the ACC, as dumb as those hillbillies are, will eventually drop the school. Ditto Adidas. THIS alone will move this administration, BOT, and phantom president.

they only signed 18 players, still short on O lineman and CB's. class rank 17, need to be consistent top 10( stack talent) if your goal is BCS
IF your goal is 6,7,8 wins water down the schedule and become what we are a dead average Coastal program
but whatever keeps those ACC checks a coming,

thats not what you said. you cant predict the rest of the class, but currently they signed a top 25 class at ESD. next time say what you mean

Advertisement
I honestly doubt Manny will get any less than 4 years.

And I think everybody realizes that. Even if they pretend to not realize it.

Everything always depends on the contract. He would have to have a terribly poor one if he was fired next year.

Additionally, there's more at work here than a simple "we hired a coach" thing. Politics were involved and a year two firing would be nasty.

Everything always depends on the contract. He would have to have a terribly poor one if he was fired next year.

Additionally, there's more at work here than a simple "we hired a coach" thing. Politics were involved and a year two firing would be nasty.

Yeah, that’s another thing people are overlooking. Firing Manny would get an ex-Miami mayor mad.

Advertisement
Diaz knows he need 8 wins to keep his job. Also Blake won’t be choosing the next HC. BOT will try to get Cristobal. Then it’s Josh Heupel and Luke Fickell.
Well that would be a welcome scenario. Personally I think Cristobal would do very well here.
Flame away.

Advertisement
Diaz only gets fired if the ACC cuts off the welfare checks. Then you would see the administration start caring about winning.

Advertisement
Back