Is there a bigger MUST GET than Wesley Bissainthe this recruiting cycle?

Advertisement
Yeah, but Clemson’s defense is much more sound than ours. We have kinda a Gimmicky, zero integrity type of defense, where if the DL don’t get home, it puts Uber pressure on the LBs. We talked about him in my thread, but Shaq did help out tremendously in this defense. Is he in the upper echelon that’s played the position here? No; but he’s been by far our best LB since Perryman, and for all the chit he got, Pinck was a nice compliment.

Since those two left in 2019, it’s not a coincidence that our defense looked like mushed kibbles & bits. Neither Flagg, McCloud, Brooks, or insert LB (here) could do a **** thing to stop the atrocity we saw on defense. We need a difference maker at LB in this scheme. That’s the difference.

I’m FA SHO a trench guy; I preach trenches all day long, but we gotta know who our DC is & the scheme.
Yep... The scheme does the LB's no favors at all... Hopefully Shoop can show Manny how to fix that .....

The QB is always the most important recruit followed by disruptive DEa in every class.

But from a team completeness perspective I agree with OP that Bissainthe is the most important missing piece. We’re making moves in every other position group. But LB still looks low G5 level. And it’s on Manny as much as anyone else.

Advertisement
The reason guys like Ben Boulware have success in college is because the mental aspect of playing linebacker. First and foremost, a good linebacker is instinctual. Secondly he has a to be a willing student who will sit and watch film to find tendencies and tells. Being in the right spot at the right time is 75% of playing linebacker. Yeah it’s nice to be 240lbs and run a 4.5 but you can have a really good college linebacker who might be a below average athlete if he’s got the mental aspect. The drawback is that unathletic guys can get exposed in certain situations. Mainly, man coverage but if you don’t expect your MLB to be able to cover man to man all game long, you can scheme around that.

Advertisement
OP..is it fair to say that if we got SS but didnt get WB, we should be upset..and also if we got WB but didnt get SS..we should still be upset?

OP..is it fair to say that if we got SS but didnt get WB, we should be upset..and also if we got WB but didnt get SS..we should still be upset?
Sure, I can get with that. I feel pretty good about both but am ore confident in WB. I'm afraid SS is going to be sought after until he puts pen to paper, a little nervous about him.

Advertisement
We need them both.

You can't have one section of the defense stout and the other two areas meh. That is a recipe that we seen last season which resulted in us giving up 142 points in 3 losses and it could've been a lot more had Clemson not gone easy on us.

Having GR last season wouldn't have changed that outcome. Having some fast instinctive LB and corners along with the DL would've. Yeah Baker sucked as the DC but Diaz would've gotten smoked too in those games.

We had a NFL first round pick on our DL and several other highly rated Dlineman and UNC and Clemson went through our D like it was non-existent. We are talent dead at LB, that's why to me WB is the #1 get, even if Shemar is the better player, it's about need.

I'm not asking who is the better recruit, we all know that, I'm asking what we need more, and it's WB IMO.
The problem against UNC started with our scheme. We over pursued and then it’s was like shooting fish in a barrel at the second level. He is easily a top 5 priority for us but I still strongly believe getting the big ugliest up front trumps everything but a star QB in CFB. After that it’s CB. We need this kid bad though.

I personally think he needs a redshirt year before seeing the field so I wouldn’t put him as the #1 must get.

Advertisement
Anyone else getting that feeling he’s gonna drag this out waiting on a certain offer? He OVs here and then reemphasizes how he’s waiting until ESD. He sure doesn’t sound as much of a lock as some are making it seem. Not at all.

Last edited:
Advertisement
Back