Is the Coastal going to be solid next year?

Genghis Cane

Chicken Wing Connoisseur
UNC lost every game they played last season by less than one score and they have a lot of returning pieces, including a really good QB.

UVA has continued to improve each year because Mendenhall is a solid coach. I expect them to be solid again.

Va Tech came on strong last year and they look to be carrying some momentum going into next season.

I expect Duke to have a bounce back year. Cutcliff is a good coach.

Ga. Tech is only going to improve as Collins continues to install that new offense.

Pitt will probably be about the same.

In terms of us, a team that’s sucked *** for 15 years, this isn’t a good thing. However, in terms of the conference perception, it’s a good thing that ACC might not be the laughing stock of the country anymore.

Last edited:
Advertisement
Advertisement
I can see unc taking a step or two up unfortunately, i’d Predict them to win the coarstal next year..
Va tech meh they just got us when Jarren imploded
And Uva will take a step back without Perkins even though I think he wasn’t anything great..the rest including us are crap and not worth mentioning..

Advertisement
The level of play will be better, but ultimately I think the results will look a lot like the typical Coastal Standings. Not much separates most of these teams IMO

Advertisement
There’s some good coaching in our division.

Manny will be at a disadvantage in every single game from an HC standpoint.

So I don’t anticipate it being any easier than the last....oh....decade

There’s some good coaching in our division.

Manny will be at a disadvantage in every single game from an HC standpoint.

So I don’t anticipate it being any easier than the last....oh....decade

The coaching in the division is terrible, TBH. With the exception of David Cutcliffe, all the coaches in the division are terrible.

Manny is just even more terrible than the other coaches are.

UnC: their QB is insanely overrated. But they are a fairly well coached team. I expect marginal 1-2 win improvement.

UVA: offense has been one guy. He’s gone. Defense will always be hard nosed despite not having a lot of household names. I expect regression in terms of win total.

Va Tech: Fuente found his offensive prowess...but now bud foster is gone. I can’t imagine anyone getting better results than him especially not in year one. Most of their games will be shootouts. Could win 10 games could win 6.

Duke: is Duke 6-8 wins depending on 4-5 plays over the course of the year.

Pitt: what did they do last year? Expect the opposite this year.

Miami: uggggg on paper should be the perennial division champ. Head Coach on the hot seat after just one year. Changed OCs content to roll with the same staff every where else. We should be 12-0 but we are 6-7 wins until proven otherwise with this Corch.

Verdict is the Corstal gunna Corstal

There simply isn’t a lot of talented teams to make it any different.

Advertisement
UNC lost every game they played last season by less than one score and they have a lot of returning pieces, including a really good QB.

UVA has continued to improve each year because Mendenhall is a solid coach. I expect them to be solid again.

Va Tech came on strong last year and they look to be carrying some momentum going into next season.

I expect Duke to have a bounce back year. Cutcliff is a good coach.

Ga. Tech is only going to improve as Collins continues to install that new offense.

Pitt will probably be about the same.

In terms of us, a team that’s sucked *** for 15 years, this isn’t a good thing. However, in terms of the conference perception, it’s a good thing that ACC might not be the laughing stock of the country anymore.
the whole conference is much better next year, not just our division. I think 2021 will be the year where the ACC can be called the best football conference for the year.

Coastal deeper than the Atlantic and it’s not close. Yes Clemson obviously is the best team in the conference but the actual best teams after them are all in the coastal imo

UNC will be very good. They got better as the season went Tom. And they have the second best qb in the conference. You can always count on VT tech to be pretty good

Advertisement
Back