Is the Canes Defense Championship Caliber?

WTH are you talking about? I'm telling you that Norton and McIntosh are going in the 2nd to 4th rounds in the NFL. That's their talent level. If you want to tell me that's not elite, then my question is how many DTs are going in the 1st round because those DTs are the ONLY DTs DEFINITIVELY BETTER than Norton and McIntosh.

There are about 8 DTs per team, with 120 Div 1A teams. That's 960 DTs. With 240 graduating each year. Going in the top 2-4 rounds in the draft, as maybe the 5th to 15th DT drafted out of 240 DTs graduating puts them in the 94th to 99th percentile.

THat's mfing elite.

It seems like you're having trouble grasping my point so I'll explain to you what's going on here because you literally just repeated yourself. Your definition of 'elite' is steeped in relativity. According to you, since both of our DT's are in the 94th-99th percentile, they're 'elite'. My definition of elite is based on the ability of the DT to take over a game, provide consistent, constant, and elite disruption over the course of the season, and single-handedly alter games against Elite competition- see Nick Fairley in Auburn's BCS run, Warren Sapp, Jonathan Allen, Aaron Donald, etc. I argue that most championship teams and elite defenses have this type of DT. Whether that definition of elite falls in the 50th percentile or 99.9 percentile is immaterial to my definition. We're talking past each other at this point.

Advertisement
WTH are you talking about? I'm telling you that Norton and McIntosh are going in the 2nd to 4th rounds in the NFL. That's their talent level. If you want to tell me that's not elite, then my question is how many DTs are going in the 1st round because those DTs are the ONLY DTs DEFINITIVELY BETTER than Norton and McIntosh.

There are about 8 DTs per team, with 120 Div 1A teams. That's 960 DTs. With 240 graduating each year. Going in the top 2-4 rounds in the draft, as maybe the 5th to 15th DT drafted out of 240 DTs graduating puts them in the 94th to 99th percentile.

THat's mfing elite.

It seems like you're having trouble grasping my point so I'll explain to you what's going on here because you literally just repeated yourself. Your definition of 'elite' is steeped in relativity. According to you, since both of our DT's are in the 94th-99th percentile, they're 'elite'. My definition of elite is based on the ability of the DT to take over a game, provide consistent, constant, and elite disruption over the course of the season, and single-handedly alter games against Elite competition- see Nick Fairley in Auburn's BCS run, Warren Sapp, Jonathan Allen, Aaron Donald, etc. I argue that most championship teams and elite defenses have this type of DT. Whether that definition of elite falls in the 50th percentile or 99.9 percentile is immaterial to my definition. We're talking past each other at this point.

I think Norton will be that elite force all season long this year.

In other words he's saying the DT talent isn't on par with those said programs, which it isn't imo. We have "good" players at the position that we can beat down most teams with because of Kool's coaching, Bama and Clemson have great interior DL players that are big and athletic whom will beat down any team. Going to have to start securing those types of kids or coaching the ones we have until they are on that level or better.

. this ^ We have good DT's, but they're not elite, game changers.

This is like ****** city. lol. How many DTs get drafted in the 1st round? Because those are the only DTs that are definitively better than NOrton and Mcintosh. Both of these guys will go in the 2nd to 4th rounds.

Norton and McIntosh are the epitome of elite gamechangers.

lmao your bolded answer in the form of a question is utter irony given your first observation- '****** city'. Not many DT's get drafted in the first round because there aren't that many elite DT's. Saying that Norton and McIntosh can go in the 4th round doesn't contradict my claim that we lack elite DT's. As it stands right now, we have two NFL DT's on our team in Norton and McIntosh, who both compliment each other very well. They are very good, but not what I would consider elite. I'm talking Nick Fairley, Jonathan Allen, Ed Oliver, Dexter Lawrence types. We lack the top-end, elite DT talent that most championship teams possess. Hopefully RJ and/or Norton can take the next step this year.

THat's mfing elite.

You're so stupid it's hilarious!

Our front 7 on D is going to be on par with anyone in the country with Kool and Diaz leading the way. They will see how good they are and Diaz will make them even more hungry. Unwavering violence.

Advertisement
Back