Is the 2017 team overrated?

Is the 2017 Miami team overrated?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
ND game was special. I also thought that was like a modern day UCLA game, etc. We won a few prayer games for sure but I have to give Rozier credit for his guts. As limited as he was he did show toughness in several of those games.

I think a more accurate and less trollish way would be to say we overachieved. I would say we overachieved but that doesn't take away from the ND win and several of those late game heroics (that made me age faster again).

Advertisement
I was gonna post it the other day. I will never forget. we were at UBar in atlanta we had that turnover chain out in there so much u would have thought we won the national champisonship. Place was flooded with canes fans. Thank u richt for that!

Flew down for VT the week before and then ND

Two of the best weeks for being a canes fan

Went to Duke, FSU, VT, ND that season

well also Clemson but I want to try to forget about it

Advertisement
Several of us have been saying this since 2017.

The Ws were as much D scoring (some were ONLY because of) than anything O was doing.

That works for one game, but not a season does it make.

Advertisement
They are accurately rated, trying to compare them to old teams is pointless. There was plenty of NFL talent on that team and plenty of reasons to feel as if they were a top 15 team in the country. I'm happy with that team, but upset with the regression that came after.

They weren’t overrated. They deserved to be #2 in the country going into the season finale.

What? Nobody (except people with huge Canes glasses on) thought they were any better than about #10 even when they were 10-0.

And are you going to pretend the last 3 games didn’t happen?

At least TEN of the 12 regular season games were NATIONAL telly games, and the major CFB media-nexus dropped Miami's name in the conversation, again. And what about College Game Day and A-Rod with his predictions. hUh.

So what if that particular Miami team wasn't " Elite " according to Miami football standards. At least it was a fun season and all the bandwagon guys and gals jumped on board the Orange and Green bus, again.:zczkqmritjdsoaq.jpg:

Advertisement
Crap, even Fowler said Thee Rock was one of the LOUDEST stadiums that season. And that game was in mid-November. So Chris and Herbie had already been to a lot of large, on campus stadiums.

And man, I personally could FEEL the electricity in the stadium after Bandy scored after the INT! The play was basically CHECKMATE, and mighty ND never overcame the momentum and all that.

I think the answer is as obvious as “is water wet?”

They’d be 7 point underdogs to the 2005 Canes.

Hilarious! With all the UM football hate on this message board, you retired to your laboratory to cook up something else to hate concerning UM football and decided belittling the 2017 team would do the trick. Simply amazing!!

Advertisement
ND game was special. I also thought that was like a modern day UCLA game, etc. We won a few prayer games for sure but I have to give Rozier credit for his guts. As limited as he was he did show toughness in several of those games.

I think a more accurate and less trollish way would be to say we overachieved. I would say we overachieved but that doesn't take away from the ND win and several of those late game heroics (that made me age faster again).

“Overachieving” is for teams like Wake Forest.

Going 10-3 at Miami is not “overachieving”.

Last edited:
I think the answer is as obvious as “is water wet?”

They’d be 7 point underdogs to the 2005 Canes.
Water is not wet. In order for something to be ‘wet’ would imply that it was at one point dry. Therefore, water is not wet

Advertisement
Back