Is Richt washed as a playcaller?

If we don't light up UNC, time to press the panic button.

Their D stinks. I heard they were playing walk-ons at LB and ****.
We'll score probably in the low 20s, but that won't be enough. Our eyes weren't lying to us during the fau, App St, GT, and FSU games.

Advertisement
A few jarring moments that really stick out:

--Playing for the 50-yard FG before the half when we had them on the ropes.
--After the bogus hold negated Walton's TD, we call two nothing runs on 1st & 20 at midfield.
--Game on the line at the end, and we run 3 dives to get to 4th & 5.

Richt, the head coach, need to fire Richt, the playcaller, and hire a dedicated OC immediately.

Do this..or there will be planes in the air soon.

I don't know that he needs elite talent but he needs a very good OL that allows him to run the ball and protect the passer. Right now he has neither and he is having a difficult time adjusting to that.

We are pro style in our approach. We don't have one of the up tempo gimmick offenses that hurt FSU. We also don't have QB mobility. Bottom line is that FSU was better suited to stop us than UNC or UL. Our QB can't run and our OL can't protect long enough to get our guys down the field. I also think that they will be better on defense from here on out--not great at all but better because they have simplified some. Mobile QBs will still hurt them.

If Richt has shown a clear weakness so far in my opinion, it is that he takes too long to recognize what the defense is doing and how to attack it. That was apparent vs FAU and was an early warning sign. He has to figure that out. We aren't good enough to spend entire halves clueless.

Richt, the head coach, need to fire Richt, the playcaller, and hire a dedicated OC immediately.

The fact that we are even having this discussion makes me extremely concerned. Usually when your head corch specializes on one side of the ball and his unit sucks, it's going to be a disaster.

Advertisement

He's gonna have to demote his son to QC or some **** to make room.

What I saw last night was an abomination. I have no ******* clue why I did it but i actually re-watched it......and I feel like my tirades last night against Richt's play calling were actually UNDERstated.

It was a reincarnation of Patrick Nix. Running into 8 and 9 man fronts, bubble screens even when the numbers on the perimeter didn't call for it, and the routes basically didn't threaten the weakest part of the FSU's defense...the middle of the field.

That guy should honestly be ******* ashamed of himself, especially after so many years of coaching.

He's gonna have to demote his son to QC or some **** to make room.
He ain't gonna do it until it's too late.

It's not just a different OC in my opinion. I think he needs to change his whole philosophy on offense.

I think Richt also has a lack of killer instinct that an OC can't fix. That's why I'm furious.

Advertisement
There's no reason to keep calling runs up the gut. We should have thrown the ball 45 times yesterday against that secondary. Also, inexcusable to let the PAT get blocked

I think Richt also has a lack of killer instinct that an OC can't fix. That's why I'm furious.
Yep. One of the big complaints about his hire was that he didn't have that fire or dog in him. I hoped the change of scenery changed that.

It didnt.

The qualities of a good offensive coordinator ormdefensive coordinator is your halftime adjustments. Jimbo Fisher also calls plays for his offense. FSU went on a 17-0 run in the second half before Berrios and Coley bailed us out...until the missed extra point.

Advertisement
Here are my thoughts:

- I watched the UNC game and the announcers stated the FSU edges were weak; Fedora exploded them. With that being said, our big run came when we broke contain, yet play calling forced inside runs all day;
- Too much RPO;I'm a proponent of it takes the heat of the OC, coach you're the coach make a play call, don't leave it up to the player;
- That defense we got is good and Manny Diaz is earning that paycheque, he called with passion and rolled the dice and his boys played for him;
- The oline isn't strong but Shia, expects a clean pocket all the time for a good throw, that's fine in the NFL, not here or in College generally;
- Rolling Kaaya out is a waste, and there weren't too many throws over the middle, ins, posts, drags, etc, offense seemed as basic as the beer as they sell at Hard Rock; and
- Were gonna win ours but overall as a fan base our expectations went up when we did play a kaka schedule and deservedly so, but this is a 9-10 team which is an improvement and I think we will get stronger as a program overtime.

Fire Richt! It has been 5 games, he obviously can't get it done. What a laughable board this is.

Advertisement
Wasn't Richt the coordinator for Charlie Ward's fast break offense? Something tells me this is more about what he has at quarterback, receiver, and offensive line right now.

Don't understand the gloom and doom.
Yes the play calling was unimaginative but
Coach had us in position to win by 14.
Take back the poor decision on the interception
And the penalty ( which I did not see) on the
beautiful Walton run and we are all celebrating.

And that's an issue that won't manifest itself weekly?

Coach had us in position to win by 14? Is this real life?

Advertisement
Back