Is Richt washed as a playcaller?

CanesAreAble

All-ACC
I see people blaming the QB, the OL, the RBs, the WRs. Does Richt need the '01 Canes to crack 20 points against what was statistically THE WORST defense in the Power 5? That isn't even an exaggeration. They were the worst defense in the ACC/SEC/BIG 10/PAC 12/BIG XII, and we made them look like a vintage Noles defense. That wasn't Le'Roy Butler roaming centerfield. That was Ermon ******* Lane. Wasn't he throwing blocks on offense as their 12th receiver a couple weeks ago?

Sure, the talent will get better, but if we need to be elite everywhere in order to field a good offense, we're going to waste a ****load of talent.

I pray to the football gods that Richt is rusty, and he will properly self-scout.

Advertisement
He put us in a position to win the game

No matter how crappy the play calling or whatever.

We scored a touchdown to tie and the pat was blocked.

Not his fault we had a touchdown called back either

Both those lie on St Louis

I'm not saying richt called a good game but point of the matter is none of you would be complaining had we won in overtime after making that kick

It's such a weird contrast between our aggressive defense and our cowardly offensive playcalling. We're never going to win anything with that limp-wrested philosophy on O.

Advertisement
Aside from his FSU days, Richt has never been that good of a play caller. Look at his UGA numbers when he was the play caller. Nothing special nor elite. He's average at best and may have taken a step back since the last time he called plays.

Compare UGAs offense under Richt vs Bobo and I think you soon realize Richt was underwhelming as a play caller.

Hes not so much washed up as he's just not that good

No doubt...what I saw last night changed my entire opinion of him as a playcaller.

That was easily the worst called game we've seen here since the Nix era. That piece of garbage James Coley wins that game.

If Richt doesn't hand over the play calling duties to a dedicated OC soon it'll be time to start fueling planes again.

I'm not saying richt called a good game but point of the matter is none of you would be complaining had we won in overtime after making that kick

There's a difference between complaining and analyzing. Even if we had won, the playcalling would've been a concern.

When you get 10 possessions or whatever, I don't wanna hear about one holding call or one bad throw. That defense was extremely gettable.

Advertisement

why the golden bashing?

we're 7-2
we beat the NCAA and he stood by us when he didn't have to
VT is a rivalry game and no matter how good each team is it could always go either way, last year we dominated, this year they did
he's recruited an astonishing amount of talent the last few years and will only get better now without the NCAA cloud (imagine us if he didn't pull in Gilbert and Renfrow for added depth)

everyone is butt hurt about the FSU loss but why? is it because the board was spoiled and wanted to see a national championship? keep in mind, the same board that was doomsday during the offseason and many posters were predicting 4 or 5 losses, but now we lose to two teams and it's fire the whole staff?

FSU is probably the best team in the nation so i don't know why people are so upset about that loss, if you are then please take the shades off and realize that we played solid for the first half but we are just not there YET

we haven't won the way most of us would like to but we are on pace for 10-2 this year, and although it's a let down that we will not have a chance in the ACC championship game... nobody in the acc coastal is beating FSU anyways so i don't think not making it is a massive let down.

if you're not happy with 10-2 this year then GTFO

Simple answer: Yes

I hate the pro style on college level because you essentially need elite nfl talent at every dam position to execute correctly. You need nfl qb, rb, wr, te, oline and even in this day n age sometimes it is not enough against the spread O (see bama in past). USC is still clinging to get that glory back and bush left dam near 10 years ago. That is issue number 1.

Now with richt not only is this dude running i formation, he literally is calling dive plays every single time, how do you not play action and take deep shots against a banged up fsu secondary missing both safeties, playing freshman corners?! There seems to be no creativity to the playbook and very basic, we were told it would open up and only was basic because of opponent but we let fsu off the hook with the way we played. we really didnt challenge them and let them be comfortable.

Even bama has gone out and opened up their offense because saban has seen what those types of offenses can do. And he gets cream of crop, so you have recruiting beast like saban, meyers, etc putting top talent into spread while we will be trying to get top guys to run dives into 9 man fronts.

why the golden bashing?

we're 7-2
VT is a rivalry game and no matter how good each team is it could always go either way, last year we dominated, this year they did
he's recruited an astonishing amount of talent the last few years and will only get better now without the NCAA cloud (imagine us if he didn't pull in Gilbert and Renfrow for added depth)

everyone is butt hurt about the FSU loss but why? is it because the board was spoiled and wanted to see a national championship? keep in mind, the same board that was doomsday during the offseason and many posters were predicting 4 or 5 losses, but now we lose to two teams and it's fire the whole staff?

FSU is probably the best team in the nation so i don't know why people are so upset about that loss, if you are then please take the shades off and realize that we played solid for the first half but we are just not there YET

we haven't won the way most of us would like to but we are on pace for 10-2 this year, and although it's a let down that we will not have a chance in the ACC championship game... nobody in the acc coastal is beating FSU anyways so i don't think not making it is a massive let down.

Hindsight is always better. What I said then was true. A few years later.. No

Nothing wrong with keeping a level head

You assume we lose every week and are quiet when we win or down play the win... Then when we lose you pretend to be a fortune teller. You're a ****** fan period

Oh and fsu won the national championship that year so I wasn't wrong

Advertisement
while we will be trying to get top guys to run dives into 9 man fronts.

This just kills me.

We don't have a bruising OL or physical backs that fall forward for 3 or 4 yards every time.

We have way too many nothing runs to play "three yards and a cloud of dust." Whenever Marquez Williams comes onto the field, it's a breather for the defense.

why the golden bashing?

we're 7-2

You assume we lose every week and are quiet when we win or down play the win... Then when we lose you pretend to be a fortune teller. You're a ****** fan period

why the golden bashing?

we're 7-2

why the golden bashing?

we're 7-2

You assume we lose every week and are quiet when we win or down play the win... Then when we lose you pretend to be a fortune teller. You're a ****ty fan period

why the golden bashing?

we're 7-2

We didn't go 10-2 like I was stating fans should be happy with... so that post is irrelevant.

You're an idiot for comparing mark richt with Al Golden

Advertisement
If we don't light up UNC, time to press the panic button.

Their D stinks. I heard they were playing walk-ons at LB and ****.

why the golden bashing?

we're 7-2

Well ******* done.

He put us in position to win the game by attempting to tie it? Did you just say that?

Coley has called much better games the two years prior than Richt last night.

Advertisement
Back