Is Richt washed as a playcaller?

Advertisement
while we will be trying to get top guys to run dives into 9 man fronts.

This just kills me.

We don't have a bruising OL or physical backs that fall forward for 3 or 4 yards every time.

We have way too many nothing runs to play "three yards and a cloud of dust." Whenever Marquez Williams comes onto the field, it's a breather for the defense.

Aren't all these dive plays RPOs?

Kaaya is choosing to hand the ball off, no?

while we will be trying to get top guys to run dives into 9 man fronts.

This just kills me.

We don't have a bruising OL or physical backs that fall forward for 3 or 4 yards every time.

We have way too many nothing runs to play "three yards and a cloud of dust." Whenever Marquez Williams comes onto the field, it's a breather for the defense.

Aren't all these dive plays RPOs?

Kaaya is choosing to hand the ball off, no?

Not all of them are.

BTW Richt said in his presser that perhaps Kaaya should've given the ball on a few of those. I'd rather he just dial up some pass plays to attack their weakness.

Richt won 2 SEC champs as a play caller and national champs at FSU. Do you think he might have realized his Oline couldnt block FSU's pass rush ? Only issue I had was running consistently on first down. We didnt block well enough to go 3 wide. The FSU linebackers were all over the tight ends on short routes. but Njoku was never sent on vertical patterns.

Advertisement
Against the worst Seminoles defense in a decade we put up:

- Two TD's
- 276 Total yards
- 62 Rushing Yards
- 4 for 13 on third down

Second half Offense Stats:
- 9:59 minutes TOP
- 1 for 5 on 3rd down
- 88 yards of Total Offense

Fourth Qtr Stats:
- 27 yards
- 4:55 minutes TOP

Richt won 2 SEC champs as a play caller and national champs at FSU. Do you think he might have realized his Oline couldnt block FSU's pass rush ? Only issue I had was running consistently on first down. We didnt block well enough to go 3 wide. The FSU linebackers were all over the tight ends on short routes. but Njoku was never sent on vertical patterns.

That's the basis of this thread. He WAS good, but he may no longer be good as an OC.

Against the worst Seminoles defense in a decade we put up:

- Two TD's
- 276 Total yards
- 62 Rushing Yards
- 4 for 13 on third down

Second half Offense Stats:
- 9:59 minutes TOP
- 1 for 5 on 3rd down
- 88 yards of Total Offense

Fourth Qtr Stats:
- 27 yards
- 4:55 minutes TOP

Crazy.

Simple answer: Yes

I hate the pro style on college level because you essentially need elite nfl talent at every dam position to execute correctly. You need nfl qb, rb, wr, te, oline and even in this day n age sometimes it is not enough against the spread O (see bama in past). USC is still clinging to get that glory back and bush left dam near 10 years ago. That is issue number 1.

Now with richt not only is this dude running i formation, he literally is calling dive plays every single time, how do you not play action and take deep shots against a banged up fsu secondary missing both safeties, playing freshman corners?! There seems to be no creativity to the playbook and very basic, we were told it would open up and only was basic because of opponent but we let fsu off the hook with the way we played. we really didnt challenge them and let them be comfortable.

Even bama has gone out and opened up their offense because saban has seen what those types of offenses can do. And he gets cream of crop, so you have recruiting beast like saban, meyers, etc putting top talent into spread while we will be trying to get top guys to run dives into 9 man fronts.

And that's not enough. Even Saban uses a ton of spread , zone read and tempo

Advertisement
One thing that worried me about Richt calling plays was that he hasn't been about that life for so long. I remember an interview where he said Bowden used to let him go to coaching clinics and **** like that to learn new concepts.

He obviously still knows football, but I'm worried the playcalling muscle has atrophied because he hasn't done it in a decade, and hasn't been constantly tinkering with his scheme and nerding out on offense.

The optimistic view is that he can shake off the rust, and he's self aware enough to adapt.

The pessimistic view is that he won't change and he'll need a superteam to have a great offense. If you believe in I-formation and using the FB, fine. But when it's clearly resulting in one yard and a cloud of mist, do something else.

Somebody needs to tell Richt that this isn't the SEC and those boring ***, 3 yards and a cloud of dust, lean on the run game even when it's not working, vanilla offenses won't fly here.

This is probably the reason he got taken off running the offense at Georgia. The AD and the boosters got sick of watching this doofus calling runs on 1st and 2nd and long with the game on the line.

Advertisement
He put us in a position to win the game

No matter how crappy the play calling or whatever.

We scored a touchdown to tie and the pat was blocked.

Not his fault we had a touchdown called back either

Both those lie on St Louis

I'm not saying richt called a good game but point of the matter is none of you would be complaining had we won in overtime after making that kick

why the golden bashing?

we're 7-2
we beat the NCAA and he stood by us when he didn't have to
VT is a rivalry game and no matter how good each team is it could always go either way, last year we dominated, this year they did
he's recruited an astonishing amount of talent the last few years and will only get better now without the NCAA cloud (imagine us if he didn't pull in Gilbert and Renfrow for added depth)

everyone is butt hurt about the FSU loss but why? is it because the board was spoiled and wanted to see a national championship? keep in mind, the same board that was doomsday during the offseason and many posters were predicting 4 or 5 losses, but now we lose to two teams and it's fire the whole staff?

FSU is probably the best team in the nation so i don't know why people are so upset about that loss, if you are then please take the shades off and realize that we played solid for the first half but we are just not there YET

we haven't won the way most of us would like to but we are on pace for 10-2 this year, and although it's a let down that we will not have a chance in the ACC championship game... nobody in the acc coastal is beating FSU anyways so i don't think not making it is a massive let down.

if you're not happy with 10-2 this year then GTFO
Hindsight is always better. What I said then was true. A few years later.. No

Nothing wrong with keeping a level head

You assume we lose every week and are quiet when we win or down play the win... Then when we lose you pretend to be a fortune teller. You're a ****** fan period

Oh and fsu won the national championship that year so I wasn't wrong

Refusing to address or acknowledge flaws isn't "keeping a level head." It's keeping an empty head.

Washed. His playbook wouldnt win at miami area Pop Warner....

If Fake James had one iota of credibility, hed demand CMR hire an OC now or go back to Gainesville and sign sutogrsphs

Advertisement
Back