Is Miami still pursuing Jabril Peppers...

CanesDominate

Freshman
...or were we never in it for him. I am just curious, didn't know if this has been discussed. I know Golden has been hitting up Jersey and the dude is beast. I hope UM could get at least a visit, but I'm probably just wishing.

Advertisement
he is announcing soon, ive been hearing stanford for him, pretty sure miami did their best to try to get him and so did everyone else in the country

Advertisement
he is announcing soon, ive been hearing stanford for him, pretty sure miami did their best to try to get him and so did everyone else in the country
He's going to Michigan.

I agree and that's just a **** because if we would win 9 or 10 games we will get a oos stud like Peppers and this kids a beast

just going by what someone told me, ESPN and others are saying michigan, as long as its not to one of the rival schools im somewhat ok with it

Advertisement
Advertisement
Top classes mean nothing without coaching. Miami would beat Michigan everyday and twice on sunday

Hoke is a pretty good coach.

Al Golden is a good recruiter, that has yet to prove he's better than average in the coaching department. I won't be sold until we stop consistently losing to teams that we have more talent then.

Advertisement
I don't think Hoke is that good of a coach. 2011 was a joke and 2012 Michigan showed their true colors. After seeing them almost lose to Air force and blowing the Notre Dame and OSU games. The jury is still out on Hoke. For the coming season I believe they will regress quite a bit. Most of the starters graduated. Fortunately they have an easy schedule. With the 2013 schedule they should only lose to OSU. Possibly MSU and possibly Nebraska. 11-1 is what should happen. I believe they'll be in the 7-8 win department until 2014 when they will be loaded. It's a rebuilding year.
I think if Miami was to play Michigan today Miami would win.
If Miami was blessed with that schedule we would run through this season. Only losing to OSU. We have tougher opponents on schedule this year though.

I don't think Hoke is that good of a coach. 2011 was a joke and 2012 Michigan showed their true colors. After seeing them almost lose to Air force and blowing the Notre Dame and OSU games. The jury is still out on Hoke. For the coming season I believe they will regress quite a bit. Most of the starters graduated. Fortunately they have an easy schedule. With the 2013 schedule they should only lose to OSU. Possibly MSU and possibly Nebraska. 11-1 is what should happen. I believe they'll be in the 7-8 win department until 2014 when they will be loaded. It's a rebuilding year.
I think if Miami was to play Michigan today Miami would win.
If Miami was blessed with that schedule we would run through this season. Only losing to OSU. We have tougher opponents on schedule this year though.

Dude, have you take a look at our schedule? It's 10 times worst then theirs

Hoke is re-building Michigan, like Golden is doing at Miami. Hoke has an easier rebuilding job at Michigan in the sense that the culture wasn't totally pussified, the roster wasn't almost in shambles, plus a huge, dark NCAA cloud hanging over their heads. But regardless, it's still a re-building job.

Just because Hoke did well in 2011, is that supposed to mean he was supposed to do better in 2012? That's nonsense. Players graduated, and his "guys" that he brought in through recruiting were only freshman. He still has to get his guys on campus. You can't really judge a coach until he has been on the job for 2-3 years and his recruits are upperclassmen. Obviously some cases are the exception if you totally suck as a coach and it's blatantly obvious. But for coaches like Hoke, and Golden who came into situations where they were being asked to re-build, this season and the following season are judgment years for them.

Advertisement
Back