Is Lawrence Cager Gone!?

Advertisement
I have considered him gone for a while . I honestly thought it was already announced. Surprised it hasn't been.

I can see it. The right offense and his measurables alone will get him drafted no later than the fourth round. His shuttle is ridiculous for someone 6’5”!

Yeah, I can’t logically wrap my head around ousting the most productive receiver “still” on the roster, but can’t stop him if he wants out. I wrote it previously … “I’d much rather see Dugans go before Cager”. The idea that all these kids can’t get separation, drop so many balls, and are platooned in such a random manner says “it’s the coach”, to me.

These same ppl gonna be crying that the WR suck when they cant get seperation vs UF

I hope so, one of the worst WR we've ever had. Tried so many times to give him another chance, hoping he turns a corner but he simply cannot catch.

Advertisement
I hope so, one of the worst WR we've ever had. Tried so many times to give him another chance, hoping he turns a corner but he simply cannot catch.
Haha, i remember the great tandem of Khalil Jones and Lance Leggit.

1545097119071.gif

1545097146527.gif

1545097413124.gif

1545097514096.gif

Assuming Cager transfers and Homer goes pro, we have some new power rankings for the 2019 offense

Dallas, JR
Jordan, SO
Davis, SO
Mallory, SO
Hightower, SO
Harley, JR
Pope, SO
Wiggins, SO
Lingard, SO
Njoku, SO
Ezzard, FR
Payton, FR
George, FR
Burns, SO
Irvin, JR
Hodges, FR
Polendey, SO

Assuming Cager transfers and Homer goes pro, we have some new power rankings for the 2019 offense

Dallas, JR
Jordan, SO
Davis, SO
Mallory, SO
Hightower, SO
Harley, JR
Pope, SO
Wiggins, SO
Lingard, SO
Njoku, SO
Ezzard, FR
Payton, FR
George, FR
Burns, SO
Irvin, JR
Hodges, FR
Polendey, SO

Unless something changed there'll be another name missing , transfer

Advertisement
I was looking for some info on college receivers and drops and found this quote on reddit. See if you can apply it to Cager in any way.

”No one logs them. I wish they did because this is an important QB stat too. When you grade a QB if you are seeing drops in multiple games it's important to know how many receivers are dropping passes and how often. If it's a regular trend from multiple receivers it's a major red flag on a QB. Very major red flag, like this guy is radioactive red flag.

Just saying …

I have been saying this for months and people have been downvoting me because of this. Some QBs just don't have that touch. Rosier was the same way. Even DBs had trouble catching his knuckleballs.

Advertisement
Advertisement
As always, you people fail to understand basic math.

If we can have 85 scholarship players and we've got 78, there's no earthly reason to wish anyone off the team. Wish for a better receiver to take his spot, but he's doing no harm being on the team, and there's the possibility he'll do something good. He's not taking anyone's spot, there isn't some star WR we have to tell to go to bama because we don't have room. Literally no upside to him leaving.

Oh, and there's the thing about how you geniuses wanted Berrios to leave because he wasn't living up to your expectations. And then he was pretty much our whole receiving offense for the next season. But whatever.

Advertisement
Back