Is Lawrence Cager Gone!?

Go to the 2:04:54 in video, Cager was never the same after this exchange with coach Dugans, also look at Ammon richards reaction on sideline

Some posters love making all sorts of interpretations of the smallest snippets of emotion. I see nothing in that video that you point to that shows something. I see emotion running high and that's about it.

Advertisement
It wouldn't surprise me if Locksley is working the back channels to get him to UofMD.
I think, overall, we will see lots of kids moving to and from most schools with these new transfer rules.....our coach and staff need to be ready and exploit the process.

Not sure I want him gone. Maybe less playing time and more for other young bucks until he can kick off his habits. The thing is he has measurables you can't teach. However, body catching vs. catching with your hands is something that can easily correct with proper coaching and repetitions.

Also tough for him to high point the ball when, for the majority of his career, he had a QB who wouldn't know the size difference between Muggsy Bogues and Shaq, throwing him the waist high jump balls and ankle high crossing routes. I think he could've corrected his catching tendencies this offseason.

Some posters love making all sorts of interpretations of the smallest snippets of emotion. I see nothing in that video that you point to that shows something. I see emotion running high and that's about it.
You are entitled to your opinion sir, I really don't know what to say about this exchange, how ever there was an exchange.

Advertisement
Hightower >>>> Cager
Last of the cancers gone

I am giving Richt a pass on one inefficient year due to the injury of AR and JT and Cager being head cases.

Not sure I want him gone. Maybe less playing time and more for other young bucks until he can kick off his habits. The thing is he has measurables you can't teach. However, body catching vs. catching with your hands is something that can easily correct with proper coaching and repetitions.

Also tough for him to high point the ball when, for the majority of his career, he had a QB who wouldn't know the size difference between Muggsy Bogues and Shaq, throwing him the waist high jump balls and ankle high crossing routes. I think he could've corrected his catching tendencies this offseason.

You're right. You can't teach drops. Cager has God-given natural stone hands. Perhaps he ought to try javelin catching?

You are entitled to your opinion sir, I really don't know what to say about this exchange, how ever there was an exchange.

lol of course there was an exchange. Just think you're reading too much into the heat of the moment kind of stuff.

Advertisement
Advertisement
featherstone.jpg

Advertisement
I wouldn't mind him gone because it would force the staff to move into a new direction (ie give reps to Ezzard or Hightower).

But in terms of space, we're starting to look like we'd be operating with NFL numbers (53-man roster).

I agree that there's other guys I'd like to see get more reps in games, but that's the coaches job. We also need enough receivers to have a spring game and run practice for more than just the #1 QB.

The fact that Richt is a dunce doesn't change the fact that there is literally 0 upside to losing Cager prior to his last year of eligibility.

Be doesn’t provide much on the field, that’s what I mean By taking up space, doesn’t look like he wants to be out there, can’t catch, doesn’t block and can get open. So yes he is taking up space

I feel like Sensei. But if that space is going to be empty if he's not here, is he really taking up space?

I get you, B, I do. Just saying that we need bodies at this point. Having a ****** coaching staff that doesn't play the best players isn't going to be fixed by not having enough players to run a **** practice, ya know? Then again, who knows, maybe Feagles is a better WR than a P. Hey, before we know it, we could be full circle back to Bryan Monroe running with the WR's!!

GrizzledNarrowDuiker-small.gif

Advertisement
Back