Is It Me, Or Does It Seem...

We have a lot of racist idiots as fans that can't accept that Blandy was a TRBL corch.

The funny thing, aside from the fact that according to cane fans, only blacks can be racist, is that i have not seen one black person that isnt happy with this class. "Shannon slurpers" nites, 5ringz, and myself have not said a bad word about the class.

Which leads me to ask, who the fugg are you racially paranoid beotchez talking about?

Advertisement
I think that Golden and Co. did a great job bringing in a big class full of guys that fit "their system."

We brought in a lot of high energy, effort type players. A lot of kids with chips on their shoulders that EARNED a scholarship at a camp or during the season. When the chips were stacked against them, they came through and made the coaches offer them with their talent and hard work.

I along with a lot of fans am taking a wait and see approach as to the future of the program. I love what Golden is doing and I appreciate his hard work (all the coaches). This dude walked into a buzz saw this year and he still produced off the field.

Where my concern comes in is the "on the field" stuff. The team that we fielded in 2011 was not a 6-6 team regardless of Nevingate. No one will ever be able to convince me that we should not have beaten Maryland, KSU (at Home), ****** (at Home), and BC (at Home on senior day).

I want to see what kind of coaches we really have. Do we have a guy like JJ that can recruit and get the most out of their team? Or do we have a Ron Zook?

Golden get's a mulligan from me this year. It's difficult to achieve goals when you have to overcome so much during the season. It wasn't just Nevingate, we had players that didn't buy in, injuries etc... it was a difficult year.

My thought process is that a better coach could have squeezed out more wins than we did this season. A lot of good coaches displayed poor records in their first season as the HC of a new program and Golden was no different.

I really hope that Golden is the guy and can lead us out of the cellar beginning this season, although with our current roster I would be hard pressed to find 7 wins. He get's paid the big bucks so it is his job and lively hood to begin finding a way how to do it.

Love the class, good mix of hard workers and star power. Kids like Howard, Bush, and Duke will contribute immediately.

We have Kirby and Witt here early and they will likely contribute on ST's and get some Burn at LB. Filled the huge voids we had at WR and CB and got difference makers there while we were at it.

Didn't bring in a blue chipper at QB, but have 3 kids signed and took care ofdepth concerns, and got 2 of them in early. I actually think Dewey will be better than where he was ranked.

+1.

I'd also like to add that we filled in depth at the DT position with an emphasis on big strong NT types this year. I'm really excited to see how happy Barrow and Jethro were about getting Briscoe and especially Ivery. I really like Moore personally.

We added 10+ guys who have star power right now. Dewey, Howard, Bush, Duke, Lewis, AJL, Lockhart, Flowers, McCord, Hamilton, Witt, and Kirby are all big time prospects. I see alot of upside in all the other recruits in this class. I feel that this class when all is said and done will accomplish far more in colllege, as a team and individually and in college than the 2008 class.

agree w/ the above.

I think we addressed some real needs with upper echelon talent (RB, LB, CB, S)...mixed in with what looks like, will be solid contributors in the near future. & Without getting into a media overload scenario, it seems like a number of different outlets and people who follow 'Canes football seem to each pick a different sleeper in this class. Mike likes Waters. A couple others like Witt. AJL impresses a few others. Golden says the best DL video he saw was Ivery. Rivals' Florida recruiting guru Chris Nee singled out J. Carter as a possible steal, Va Tech goes ape $h!t about losing Blue (who has a decent track record of FL. recruiting), a few others are high on Dewey, etc.

I guess it feels nice to have, what many seem to think, are solid sleepers, not reaches...mixed in with the Howard, Duke, Bush, M. Lewis.

It's encouraging to feel like this thing is getting turned around.

It's a great class. There will always be some ******* who will never be satisfied but I really like everyone in this class.

Advertisement
When we used to slap the Gaytors and Noles around we never or seldom had top 5 or 10 classes. This is a GREAT class in my opinion, and the Canes are about to open up a serious can of whoop-*** on the rest of the FBS.

this class is wonderful considering the circumstances

but what this class tells me is that once we're winning, once the sanctions are handed down, and once the coaches have that multi-year relationship with the recruits, that Miami will really clean up

Great Class but lets be real this is nothing new we had the #1 class in 2008 and where that took us. Hopefull Golden is the guy and he can coach those kids up to a better record than 6-6.

:neonu:

I love it. I can't remember where I heard it but on one of the TV shows yesterday someone mentioned of the top 15-20 classes our class filled needs better than anyones

Advertisement
We have a lot of racist idiots as fans that can't accept that Blandy was a TRBL corch.

The funny thing, aside from the fact that according to cane fans, only blacks can be racist, is that i have not seen one black person that isnt happy with this class. "Shannon slurpers" nites, 5ringz, and myself have not said a bad word about the class.

Which leads me to ask, who the fugg are you racially paranoid beotchez talking about?

5ringz turned on Shannon like the rest of us after we realized he sucked. Miaminights is the only person I saw bashing the class, but he's a walk on third string DB at msu who claims he knows more than vince Lombardi.

I was psyched about the 2008 class too and I ended up resenting those kids. Some of my least favorite Cane players ever.

I'm happy we filled holes and signed some big names, got some positive recognition, but I'll hold back on my excitement for now. More happy that Golden "gets it".

UM got a very solid class. You guys are in the same place FSU was when Jimbo took over after Bobby, too many holes to fill in one, or even two classes. A lot of needs got met, but with limits on scholarships, you just can't do it all at once.

UM got a very solid class. You guys are in the same place FSU was when Jimbo took over after Bobby, too many holes to fill in one, or even two classes. A lot of needs got met, but with limits on scholarships, you just can't do it all at once.

thanks for the analysis....now are you going to not lose 4 games this year?

Advertisement
I'm ******* A #1 fired the **** up about this class. Count me in the + column.

thanks for the analysis....now are you going to not lose 4 games this year?

Can't say. Need to see how the Oline looks. Besides, I don't live and die by this stuff, it is fun for me to watch. Seriously, I want UM to be good again. When both teams are good, there isn't better football played anywhere else.

md, I really, REALLY like the FSU class on paper. But upon further inspection, you abandoned the State of Florida. Correct me if I am wrong, but you have only 6 kids from FL (and only 1 from GA btw) and ZERO from Dade, Browards, and PBC, correct?

How do you feel about that?

Advertisement
I love this class. Golden went after self starters. Shannon didn't tolerate individuals and therefore he never cultivated leaders. Golden encourages the ones that are natural leaders,natural self starters to be themselves.

I remember a few years ago when I talked with Chavez Grant and I asked him straight up why the team seemed to be so lethargic and unispired. I asked why is it that kids who were ballers in high school just didn't translate once they came to UM. He told me that they were taught to forget their own instincts that made them the players that they were, they were almost robotic in their approach. Guys like Willie Williams and Arthur Brown were being asked to read and react and cover TE's and not allowed to do what they did best which was play down hill and attack. He was pretty candid about it.

Golden will allow the players to be reckless and like he said to Tracy Howard, "don't be afraid'. Go out and ball.

by the way duval- some would like this class even better of your man Northrop would have signed. You failed on your promise. The dbc-ish lock that you claimed will forever be remembered.:eek:

md, I really, REALLY like the FSU class on paper. But upon further inspection, you abandoned the State of Florida. Correct me if I am wrong, but you have only 6 kids from FL (and only 1 from GA btw) and ZERO from Dade, Browards, and PBC, correct?

How do you feel about that?

I don't know yet. FSU got some good speed in Bracy and Darby. Florida didn't have a lot of top end linemen, so they had to go OOS for those guys. Yeah, there is a plethora of of skill players in FL, just not the big boys for the lines. Plus, FSU took their big class last year numbers wise, so this class saw more quality depth for now and let them have time to grow into starters. I look at two year stretches when it comes to recruiting, since there is usually a pretty good mix of consecutive classes starting together.

Advertisement
Back