Is it just me

It's called dumb luck ...get us out of that idiotic Sun Life deal, then I'll crown the nerd

Until then, he's still a squid

The sun life deal, at least the numbers, work in UMs favor. We're not getting our own stadium.

Every decision BJs made since the shalala handcuffs came off have been good ones. If we don't win ships, it's not because of the AD... Which is how u want it to be.

Advertisement
The two money makers for UM athletics are football and basketball. Football provides substantially much more revenue for the university than basketball. I really don't know what to make of Blake just yet considering Jim Larranaga was not his hire (Eichorst) and Richt has yet to do anything at UM. The question is who would have he hired had not Richt been available? Seems like he put Davis on the backburner and the other names that were being thrown around were definitely not home run hires. I will give him credit for closing Richt but I think that overall, the university knew that they had to go in a different direction after 12 years of sub par hires and poor decisions for the football program.

The other thing that we can be thankful for is the Larranaga hire. Forever UM fans get a bad reputation for not being supportive of UM athletics. WRONG! UM fans support UM athletics when the university makes the right commitment to UM athletics. The basketball program is a perfect example. Bring in the right coach and deliver a wining product and you get the support of the fans. This season every home game is sold out. UM had to finally see the light that fans and alumni will open up their pockets when they open up theirs. We know when chicken sh*t is being sold to us as chicken salad and after 12 years of this, no one was ordering the chicken salad at football games.

It's called dumb luck ...get us out of that idiotic Sun Life deal, then I'll crown the nerd

The sun life deal, at least the numbers, work in UMs favor. We're not getting our own stadium.

Every decision BJs made since the shalala handcuffs came off have been good ones. If we don't win ships, it's not because of the AD... Which is how u want it to be.

Please explain how the numbers work in our favor?

We don't "own" anything...we are tenants stuck in a multi-year lease paying rent to a wealthy landlord.

He makes around $4Million a year off of us.

Stephen Ross Rakes in ‘More Than $4 Million Annually’ for Canes Football at Sun Life « CBS Miami

Please explain how the numbers work in our favor?

We don't "own" anything...we are tenants stuck in a multi-year lease paying rent to a wealthy landlord.

He makes around $4Million a year off of us.

Stephen Ross Rakes in ‘More Than $4 Million Annually’ for Canes Football at Sun Life « CBS Miami

You left of the words "in revenue" from your quote. There is a difference between gross and net income. How much do you think it costs to operate that stadium on a game day? He isn't pocketing $4 mil. The deal allows UM to make enough $ that it's own stadium is a "nice to have" not a "need to have".

Advertisement

This. Guy had Richt miraculously fall into his lap before pulling the trigger on Schiano. And except for the first 3 games, our schedule is a terrible one for us. 3 days to prepare for VT?? Wtf?!

Advertisement
Blake James never had a chance under Shalala . The Richt hire was a good one but history will judge that in the long run. By waiting he lucked into Richt.Otherwise we may have ended up with Schiano which was where we were headed. The Butch interview was a ruse done to appease the fans. He fired Golden this season at the right time and it probably gave us an extra win or two.

What Chise said. **** no. He lucked into the situation with Mark Richt. He was talking about not firing Golden even as we were losing to the likes of Cincinnati last season if memory serves. It was not until members of the BOT FINALLY woke up from behind the wheel that we got change, and I'm convinced the decision came from key boosters and not our current AD.

Advertisement
For most of you saying he should've fired golden earlier i pose a question. Did you really want Shalala in charge of hiring another coach? Let's see some articulate responses comprised of more than one sentence.

Advertisement
Advertisement
Back