Is it just me

cflacane2

Band
Banned
Or is Blake James some kind of evil genius. Dude says all the right things to get and stay employed till the troll Shalala leaves then gets the BOT to finally open their pocket books and hire a legit coach (to which he was reported to have contacted several times before goldens firing). On top of all that he set us up with cupcake early season schedule to get this staff, players, and news schemes time to gel. Has he just fallen on all this good fortune or he is as cutthroat as they come? Got to hand it to him for climbing the ladder from ticket sales to power 5 AD whether he lucked into it or not

Note: Generally i do not approve of such a cupcake schedule since i've been bashing my FSU friends for the same, but if there was ever a year this is it.

Advertisement
He has a better idea of what's going on than I gave him credit for. Definetly don't get a 'cut throat' vibe from him. His wife on the other hand....

Last edited:
He made a good hire by getting Richt and getting the BOT to open the checkbooks, but he kept Folden around way too long. Get a stadium deal done and then he'll be cut throat.

He made a good hire by getting Richt and getting the BOT to open the checkbooks, but he kept Folden around way too long. Get a stadium deal done and then he'll be cut throat.

That may have had more to do with the president. Since Shalala's departure he's done alright by me.

Advertisement
Even though Coach L hired himself was Blake the AD when that happened because Coach L and Richter is a nice resume

That may have had more to do with the president. Since Shalala's departure he's done alright by me.

I'm not faulting what he's done since her departure. But if he was truly cut throat he would've had Folden canned after the FSU game two seasons ago. That, and he was way too passive in accepting the way this team played under Golden.

He made a good hire by getting Richt and getting the BOT to open the checkbooks, but he kept Folden arouway too long. Get a stadium deal done and then he'll be cut throat.

Golden wasn't going know where with Shalala around. That would of cost her money. I don't think she left on her own I think she was forced out.

I'm not faulting what he's done since her departure. But if he was truly cut throat he would've had Folden canned after the FSU game two seasons ago. That, and he was way too passive in accepting the way this team played under Golden.

You can't fire somebody that YOUR boss doesn't let you fire. Has nothing to do with being cut throat. When the president of the University says the coach won't be fired then you have no choice but to support the coach. Unless any of you would risk losing a job paying that much money. I'd hate it but with the kind of money these people make, you keep that job.

Advertisement

You can't fire somebody that YOUR boss doesn't let you fire. Has nothing to do with being cut throat. When the president of the University says the coach won't be fired then you have no choice but to support the coach. Unless any of you would risk losing a job paying that much money. I'd hate it but with the kind of money these people make, you keep that job.
I agree that you don't undermine your boss, but he acted like he had no backbone when it came to the football team. He was willing to let "the process" play out and never question it. That's why I think he's not a cut throat A.D. I think he's a decent A.D. and he's made impressive moves lately. Give me a stadium and I'll change my stance.

I agree that you don't undermine your boss, but he acted like he had no backbone when it came to the football team. He was willing to let "the process" play out and never question it. That's why I think he's not a cut throat A.D. I think he's a decent A.D. and he's made impressive moves lately. Give me a stadium and I'll change my stance.

I'll agree with that. He's definitely not a cut throat AD but he sure is better than the last few but then again they were under Shalala too

he had no choice on golden. sorry shala wasn't letting him be fired on her way out. he kept golden until clemson game at that time miami had lost to fsu and cinncy thats it. the clemson game was bad though. he then fired him and when richt became available hired him.

its not james fault he didn't have the authority to fire golden before the season. he wanted to wait till after season but clemson forced his had with 58-0 blowout. golden was kept coming into season because donna wasn't letting golden get fired while she was on her way out.

Even though Coach L hired himself was Blake the AD when that happened because Coach L and Richter is a nice resume

i think coach l was a eichorst hire. he then left after 1 season to go be ad at nebraska but was here between hocutt and james.

Advertisement

he had no choice on golden. sorry shala wasn't letting him be fired on her way out. he kept golden until clemson game at that time miami had lost to fsu and cinncy thats it. the clemson game was bad though. he then fired him and when richt became available hired him.

its not james fault he didn't have the authority to fire golden before the season. he wanted to wait till after season but clemson forced his had with 58-0 blowout. golden was kept coming into season because donna wasn't letting golden get fired while she was on her way out.
I get that. But he went soft and accepted "the process". That's my issue. The past month and a half has made him look good on paper. I'm willing to say he's shown the ability to be a good A.D. with what's transpired since October. But giving Folden the benefit of the doubt kills me. I hope for everyone's sake he is killer. And makes the U great in everything athletically.

I get that. But he went soft and accepted "the process". That's my issue. The past month and a half has made him look good on paper. I'm willing to say he's shown the ability to be a good A.D. with what's transpired since October. But giving Folden the benefit of the doubt kills me. I hope for everyone's sake he is killer. And makes the U great in everything athletically.

ya but he was just doing press speak. listen to nfl gm's they keep a coach all season say all the right things, "he is our coach" we believe in him all that fun stuff and at end of year bye bye. that is what james was doing.

james was already contacting richt about interest before he canned golden. look i know keeping golden extra year sucked but we got richt cause of it. that said james was just saying all the right things until he fired golden.

he said we expect more, will evaluate at end of year, we expect to win all the time. he was saying that if golden lost to guys like cinncy he wouldn't have job at end of year but people just wanted golden gone so bad they didn't pay attention. golden was gone the moment miami lost to cinncy. james was just waiting till end of year, firing golden midseason wasn't in plans until clemson beat us so bad he had no choice.

most schools don't like to fire coaches midseason even nfl teams dont like to do that. in the end he did it because he realized miami needed immediate change not at end of year but he knew after cinncy game golden was gone at end of year just didn't say it;l

ya but he was just doing press speak. listen to nfl gm's they keep a coach all season say all the right things, "he is our coach" we believe in him all that fun stuff and at end of year bye bye. that is what james was doing.

james was already contacting richt about interest before he canned golden. look i know keeping golden extra year sucked but we got richt cause of it. that said james was just saying all the right things until he fired golden.

he said we expect more, will evaluate at end of year, we expect to win all the time. he was saying that if golden lost to guys like cinncy he wouldn't have job at end of year but people just wanted golden gone so bad they didn't pay attention. golden was gone the moment miami lost to cinncy. james was just waiting till end of year, firing golden midseason wasn't in plans until clemson beat us so bad he had no choice.

most schools don't like to fire coaches midseason even nfl teams dont like to do that. in the end he did it because he realized miami needed immediate change not at end of year but he knew after cinncy game golden was gone at end of year just didn't say it;l
That makes sense. But if he was truly cut throat, his press conferences would've gone differently. Or he'd be making it known he was ****ed at the direction of the program. Again bravo on pulling Richt, definitely the biggest profile head coaching hire made by the school ever. But the lack of oversight on Folden has me leery on his cut throat ability. I don't want him fired, it's just the original question asked if he was cut throat and I believe he is not, at least until he gets a stadium.

Advertisement
It's called dumb luck ...get us out of that idiotic Sun Life deal, then I'll crown the nerd

Until then, he's still a squid

That makes sense. But if he was truly cut throat, his press conferences would've gone differently. Or he'd be making it known he was ****ed at the direction of the program. Again bravo on pulling Richt, definitely the biggest profile head coaching hire made by the school ever. But the lack of oversight on Folden has me leery on his cut throat ability. I don't want him fired, it's just the original question asked if he was cut throat and I believe he is not, at least until he gets a stadium.

stadium issue is a whole new ballgame. i don't think its an ad thing. have to figure it out with coral gables/miami area, get out of sun life deal as cheap as possible so many hangups.

as for not getting all up in arms at firing announcement i think it was cause he liked al the person. he didn't think al was right coach for miami but didn't feel a need to rip him a new one on way out door.

ill agree we don't know to much about james as an ad. he hasn't had to fire anyone till golden. that said when it became clear golden had to go he made that choice. richt was a lucky get as georgia fired him at right time but he was smart enough to go get him as quicly as possible once he was available.

Also wanna point out that **** ***** Kirby Hocutt now leads the CFP committee after ruining two legendary programs.

Advertisement
Back