Is Homer still a gunner on the coverage units?

If he is the best one and he good to do it then I don’t see why not. You don’t want him being the guy doing it every time because no one else can/will step up but if he don’t need a breather I’d let him loose.

Advertisement
Many times both Richt and Hartley have spoken about having the best 11 guys on the field on coverage units, so unless there's been a recent change of heart, Homer will be on kick coverage unless someone beats him for that gunner spot. I don't agree with this approach. I'm just putting it out there.

TH should not be on any special teams. It's up to Lingawd to step up and become the beast gunner this year.

For all the people who are talking about Walton on specials and all of that, i think he had to be on the specials because of depth and because he was really good at it. However we have proper depth on the RB position now and one of the freshman need to step up.

I agree, keep Homer off of Special Teams. We can have Lingard, Burns, and/or Davis fill that role and solidify some playing time too. We need Homer fresh for the 4th quarter so we can grind down teams and destroy their morale. Nothing says Miami football like us owning the 4th quarter - ****, we invented it!!!

He is one of the only offensive players to wear the turnover chain last season.
I think you are going to have to fist fight him in order to get him off special teams. He seems to be the type who loves inflicting pain and those types of players never want to get off the field.
I personally love it.

Advertisement
homer seems like the kind guy you'd have to drag off of the field. I'd expect to see him there. Especially with the depth we have at running back

You're absolutely right. Playing on the Special Teams is considered a High Honor. Coach would have to drag him off kicking and screaming for Homer not to play gunner.

we have 4 running backs i believe that are capable of carrying the ball (some more than others) and play specials this year- Cam, Lingawd, DJ and Homer. I would let all 4 play specials. spread it out on offense as well.

The guy is probably the best gunner I've ever seen, but I am not sure I want my star RB playing extra downs. Surely with all the speed we've got now there's someone else that can take that responsibility.

Maybe put him out there against LSU, FSU, Clemson....
This is a **** good question... The answer should be no. Don't care how dope he is

Advertisement
Advertisement
Back