Is Frank Gore an NFL HoF'er?

he will get in barring a major injury that suddenly ends his career.

hes in
wayne is in
dre is in.
reed is 1st ballot.
lewis is 1st ballot.
graham is trending up.

wilfork will be interesting.

I also think Edge gets in eventually but it may take Peyton getting in first, so it could be a decade wait for edge

Advertisement
Curtis martin averaged 4.0 ypc

Frank Gore averages 4.6

who is the stat compiler? who is the HOFer?

I honestly don't get how Martin got in so fast. 4.0 ypc is so mediocre. guys get cut for averaging 4.0

I don't think people realize how bad the niners were before Harbaugh. Frank played on a lot of bad teams, with a lot of random QBs and terrible OLs. Ton of bad coaching as well. Frank stood the test of time and remained, always put up big numbers as well.

hes in
wayne is in
dre is in.
reed is 1st ballot.
lewis is 1st ballot.
graham is trending up.

I also think Edge gets in eventually but it may take Peyton getting in first, so it could be a decade wait for edge

I seriously doubt Edge ever gets in, it sucks but that is most likely the case. You gotta take the orange and green glasses off here. Martin got in because he is top 4 all time in yards with 14k, plain and simple, plus he had 90 TDs. Frank has what 61? Two guys are getting in before Frank for sure at the position in LT and AP. Then he is on the cusp with Edge, Fred Taylor and Corey Dillon. As it stands right now a case may be made that S Jackson is ahead of him also. Now if Frank does get a second wind, which at his position is unlikely, he has an outside chance, but still not a great chance. Wayne a couple of years ago was in the same position as a fringe guy, but dude has not stopped, and if he gets another 100 and 1200 season, he will be a top 5 guy statistically which will put him in the same boat as Curtis Martin where you just cant deny him. One thing not mentioned thus far is that how many times you make the All Pro team really matters. Guys who are solid throughout a long career dont get the same recognition as guys that straight dominate for a stretch. Ed Reed was a lock in his 9th year because he straight dominated for a stretch.

I hope he makes it, but I son't think he's a shoe in. Another 1,000 season should do it, and a SB Ring definitely will. He's been consistently good, but only had 1 really great season. 2006 was the only year he finished in Top 5 in rushing.

The national media might not know/recognize just how good a RB he is. But anyone from SoFla knows he deserves to be a HOFer.

Advertisement
edge averaged 83 yards per game on the ground over 148 games.

that compared very favorably to a guy like Eric ****erson - 146 games and 90 yards per game.

And then you have dudes who averaged:

LT - 80 ypg
Bettis - 71 ypg on 3.9 yards per carry lol
Dorsett - 73 ypg
Thurman Thomas - 66 ypg
Emmitt - 81 ypg

Gomer is gunna pull Edge in one day and Gore is getting close to a lock. I'm not saying it's gunna happen within 10 years of their retirement date, but at some point when they are in their late 40s, 50s, those dudes are going in.

And if they ever happen to make it to that Seniors Committee... LOCK CITY!

hes in
wayne is in
dre is in.
reed is 1st ballot.
lewis is 1st ballot.
graham is trending up.

I seriously doubt Edge ever gets in, it sucks but that is most likely the case. You gotta take the orange and green glasses off here. Martin got in because he is top 4 all time in yards with 14k, plain and simple, plus he had 90 TDs. Frank has what 61? Two guys are getting in before Frank for sure at the position in LT and AP. Then he is on the cusp with Edge, Fred Taylor and Corey Dillon. As it stands right now a case may be made that S Jackson is ahead of him also. Now if Frank does get a second wind, which at his position is unlikely, he has an outside chance, but still not a great chance. Wayne a couple of years ago was in the same position as a fringe guy, but dude has not stopped, and if he gets another 100 and 1200 season, he will be a top 5 guy statistically which will put him in the same boat as Curtis Martin where you just cant deny him. One thing not mentioned thus far is that how many times you make the All Pro team really matters. Guys who are solid throughout a long career dont get the same recognition as guys that straight dominate for a stretch. Ed Reed was a lock in his 9th year because he straight dominated for a stretch.

I think Edge and Gore are facing the same challenge getting in. Good rushing numbers (especially Edge) but the TDs are low relative to where their rushing yards are.

But, if one gets in, I think the other does as well.

Here's the Top 30 NFL rushers. Looks like Edge gets in, but Frank will probably fall just short

RankHOFer (Bold)Yds
1Emmitt Smith+18,355
2Walter Payton+16,726
3Barry Sanders+15,269
4Curtis Martin+14,101
5LaDainian Tomlinson13,684
6Jerome Bettis13,662
7Eric ****erson+13,259
8Tony Dorsett+12,739
9Jim Brown+12,312
10Marshall Faulk+12,279
11Edgerrin James12,246
12Marcus Allen+12,243
13Franco Harris+12,120
14Thurman Thomas+12,074
15Fred Taylor11,695
16John Riggins+11,352
17Corey Dillon11,241
18O.J. Simpson+11,236
19Warrick Dunn10,967
20Steven Jackson10,776
21Ricky Watters10,643
22Jamal Lewis10,607
23Thomas Jones10,591
24Tiki Barber10,449
25Eddie George10,441
26Ottis Anderson10,273
27Adrian Peterson10,190
28Frank Gore10,096
29Ricky Williams10,009
30Clinton Portis9,923

IN my heart, yes right now HOF.....but the stats say you need 12K, 2 more healthy years and he's a lock...Not really a stat but he's also considered one the best pass blockers the last decade

Advertisement
IN my heart, yes right now HOF.....but the stats say you need 12K, 2 more healthy years and he's a lock...Not really a stat but he's also considered one the best pass blockers the last decade

You gotta look more into it than that though. All those dudes outside of Edge did major damage in the playoffs and had rings or numerous playoff performances. Thurman Thomas led the Bills to 4 straight SBs, Allen and Franco Harris were SB MVPs and so forth. Getting to 12k isnt gonna be easy and even if he does make, he is in no way a lock unless something else notable happens in those years, like a ring.

Think he needs 12k to lock it up (and will get there easily). This is the era of the under appreciated RB. See the draft.

Needs at least two more big years and then a long wait. I can't see Gore getting in early. He's seldom been considered among the top 2 or 3 backs at a given point in time. I'm not saying it's accurate but that's the perception, and it carries weight in the voting. He's been a Pro Bowl but not All Pro type. Edgerrin early in his career was first team All Pro and considered among the absolute best in the league. That works in his favor down the road.

Needs at least two more big years and then a long wait. I can't see Gore getting in early. He's seldom been considered among the top 2 or 3 backs at a given point in time. I'm not saying it's accurate but that's the perception, and it carries weight in the voting. He's been a Pro Bowl but not All Pro type. Edgerrin early in his career was first team All Pro and considered among the absolute best in the league. That works in his favor down the road.

Exactly, people said Dre was lock a couple of years ago. Why? Because there was a long stretch where he was considered one of if not the best at his position in the league. That stuff goes a long long way. Reggie gets in just because his body of work will make him top 5, but for a while he was on the outside looking in. Look at Megatron, everybody knows he is a lock this early. Ed and Ray were the same way, they were locks in the middle of their careers because they were the very best at their position no questions asked.

Advertisement
If the 49'ers can win a Super Bowl, he would be a lock...That is Riggins claim to (Hall of) Fame, running over Gerald Small. He got so many of his yards as a non-impact runner teaming with Emerson Boozer on a crappy 1970s Jets team.

If the 49'ers can win a Super Bowl, he would be a lock...That is Riggins claim to (Hall of) Fame, running over Gerald Small. He got so many of his yards as a non-impact runner teaming with Emerson Boozer on a crappy 1970s Jets team.

Actually it was Don McNeal

Gore is a guy who's game is beyond numbers imo. Those who watched him will remember how great he was and still is (anybody else just see that TD run that was called back against the bears? Still can't touch Gore with soft arm tackles).

His numbers might be fringe HoF but his talent is HoF worthy for sure.

Also, he BLOWS UP blitzes.

Advertisement
One of the few things Bakas got right. I remember him stating over and over before the beginning of Gore's senior year in high school that he will go down as one of the best running backs of all time to come through Miami. He was convinced Gore was the best RB in the country, and he was right.

I think both Gore and Edge make it.

Glad he changed from Ole Miss.

One of the few things Bakas got right. I remember him stating over and over before the beginning of Gore's senior year in high school that he will go down as one of the best running backs of all time to come through Miami. He was convinced Gore was the best RB in the country, and he was right.

I think both Gore and Edge make it.

Funniest story about Gore for me was about his uncle. During HS, I got into some trouble and ended up in one of those community service programs. I did my work at one of the Boys and Girls clubs. Cutting branches, working the fields and whatnot. I worked every day with this one guy and we'd talk about my upcoming football season and he would non-stop tell me "you're lucky you're not facing my nephew Frank Gore…he'll be the best RB this county has ever seen." Guy was so **** adamant about it.

In 2001 Spring, I'm standing on one of those hurdles next to Greentree fence looking on to practice. Gore's uncle is walking on the sideline of practice as a guest, sees me, and just goes "I f'in told you, man…and wait till you see what he does next." Sure, enough, 9.1 ypc his Frosh year and that ridiculous game against 'Cuse.

Pretty much anyone who say Coral Gables take on Columbus during Gore's senior year stayed in awe of him. The guy would cutback almost a full 3 yards across the middle of the field.

I saw him against Carol City that year and was equally in awe.

Advertisement
Back