Is Finley now a LB?!?

U Know

Junior
DYvVArBW4AEVhUf.jpg

Advertisement
Advertisement
Anybody but McLoud. Looks the part, but doesn't have the brain or instincts to play the position at a high level.

I like Smith a LB'er a ton, and I think Finley will do well there too.
These are the guys we need busting heads on kick coverage and blocking on returns in addition to their responsibilities in the rotation. Finally we are building a 2 and 3 deep.

Advertisement
Remember when FSU won a championship with undersized but fast and attacking LB's? And those guys have gone on to have good NFL careers. I like the move. With all the spread offenses, you need LB's that can hit the hole and cover.

I like LB'ers in the 215-230 lb range that are fast, can cover, blitz and get up the field on sweeps and screens. I'm confident Smith, Finley and Wilder are fast and big enough to do this. I don't know how fast Steed and Jennings are. but we do need some bigger run stuffing LB'ers that are also fast.

Advertisement
I like LB'ers in the 215-230 lb range that are fast, can cover, blitz and get up the field on sweeps and screens. I'm confident Smith, Finley and Wilder are fast and big enough to do this. I don't know how fast Steed and Jennings are. but we do need some bigger run stuffing LB'ers that are also fast.
Me too, and I agree fully...215 - 230 is perfect size. Right now, I think our incumbent starting linebacking are waaay too heavy (Shaq/Pinkney, especially---they are playing at 240-255 ish).

Advertisement
They better find a spot for Finley cause those youngsters are coming for his lunch money if he stays at safety.

Advertisement
Back