Is Ferman calling for Cristobal?

Don't ever talk bad about my cuckmaster again.
219-2192113_gru-sticker-doll-hd-png-download.png

šŸ˜²

Advertisement
End of 2020. Diaz fired, then Cristobal buyout drops to 2 million in 2020 per his contract. Most likely course of action IMO.
Oregon will likely redo Marioā€™s contract after this season and make that buyout a lot tougher

Last edited:
Your talking 15 years of treating sfla elites like ****

A guy like Cristobal can restore those relationships but he needs a elite staff and bags.

He does not need bags for two reasons: (1) Many of these kids want to stay home, and (2) NCAA now allow these kids to be compensated. As for number 1, start winning consistently and you can keep enough elite kids at home. They are making career decisions just like any kid going to college. Georgia or Miami? Hmm. Just like a kid interested in business picking UPenn over Miami. No brainer. This staff brilliantly coached a 10-win team to 6 wins. As for being compensated, these kids are in an international city. Miami has a loyal following of 45 thousand fans so these kids will make money, probably quite a bit with the rule change. NCAA probably did us a favor because we weren't going to drop bags under the table. Plus, not every elite kid takes money.

Mark Richt was long in the tooth and at the end of the road at Georgia. They were more than patient but enough was enough. What undid Richt was hiring his son as the QB position coach and deciding to be the offensive coordinator.

Even before that, fans were attacking him for being a fired coach. ie. When has a fired coach ever won a National Championship? Outside of that, people were saying ā€œI donā€™t want a 10 win coachā€ and ā€œBeing satisfied with Conference championships is for other schools!ā€

He does not need bags for two reasons: (1) Many of these kids want to stay home, and (2) NCAA now allow these kids to be compensated. As for number 1, start winning consistently and you can keep enough elite kids at home. They are making career decisions just like any kid going to college. Georgia or Miami? Hmm. Just like a kid interested in business picking UPenn over Miami. No brainer. This staff brilliantly coached a 10-win team to 6 wins. As for being compensated, these kids are in an international city. Miami has a loyal following of 45 thousand fans so these kids will make money, probably quite a bit with the rule change. NCAA probably did us a favor because we weren't going to drop bags under the table. Plus, not every elite kid takes money.
Yea but when u get a Knighton type with Chaney in the fold coming off FIU and Duke losses it reminds me of bags. I'm all for it if he is because I know when a kid like Knighton picks fsu we think bags and it's Deerfield who hasn't been best buddies with UM. Alot of wondering in my brain....I can only hope.

Advertisement
Even before that, fans were attacking him for being a fired coach. ie. When has a fired coach ever won a National Championship? Outside of that, people were saying ā€œI donā€™t want a 10 win coachā€ and ā€œBeing satisfied with Conference championships is for other schools!ā€

Ed Orgeron is about to do so. Mark did it to himself because he wanted to call plays.

Did you all see the Oregon - ASU game? Now replace ASU with UNC or any other middling ACC Coastal team. That's what it would be like with Mario as our HC. He'd probably win enough to keep us interested but not enough to dominate the Coastal like we should, and then get knocked out of the ACCCG by losing to a team we should have easily beaten. He's also not going to be the super recruiter some of you fancy him to be without the bag game he enjoys at Oregon and previously at Alabama.

Mario would re-stock the cupboard. And every now and then, we'd have a year like 2017 where we win the division and 10 wins. But in terms of taking us to the elites, that's not his ceiling.

Restocking the cupboard isn't enough. In 2019 you need good gameday coaches that can handle the X's and O's. Mario isn't that type of coach, and to complicate matters further he'd be so expensive for us that you can bet the budget for his OC and DC wouldn't be great. If you win at Miami, recruiting takes care of itself.

I can't say it enough. **** ******* no to Mario. I tried to warn everyone on this board about Manny and now I'm doing a preemptive strike on Mario....it would be a bad hire especially given what we need and have lacked.

Mario is a GREAT recruiter. Lets at least give him that. Hes an above average coach. Not saying I would want to pay 15M to get him plus whatever else we would have to pay him in salary either. There is a lot to not like. But there is a lot to like. We could do worse.

That said, Mario loses weird games. And does it every year. For example, Mario would have us 11-0 in a down year for Clemson and all of us would be looking for hotels and flights to the college football playoffs...then we would lose to Duke in the last game of the year in a clunker. And this would happen every year too. He just cant find a way to get over the hump. I know it has to drive Oregon fans nuts.

Just say NO to Wario. Listen to your boy.

Advertisement
Once Dabo leaves for the Bama job this conference will literally be up for grabs yearly. It shouldnā€™t be that difficult to find a coach who can get Miami into the conf title game consistently. Clemson will fall back to mediocrity and Miami will be able to jump onto the playoffs hype train without major obstacles.
You'd think that, yet here we are. Again.

Restocking the cupboard isn't enough. In 2019 you need good gameday coaches that can handle the X's and O's. Mario isn't that type of coach, and to complicate matters further he'd be so expensive for us that you can bet the budget for his OC and DC wouldn't be great. If you win at Miami, recruiting takes care of itself.

I can't say it enough. **** ******* no to Mario. I tried to warn everyone on this board about Manny and now I'm doing a preemptive strike on Mario....it would be a bad hire especially given what we need and have lacked.

Couldn't agree more.

Cristobal is just more experienced then Diaz. He had like 4 years of HC experience before he got to Oregon. He's honestly not even doing that good of a job there. He's 19-7 with one of the best rosters in football in a easy conference. He can't win the big Game either. Idk what is up with the obsession with this guy. If you want to dream about a new HC then think Matt Rhule,Chris Peterson or a Rex Ryan.

Advertisement
Our coaching pool is like $EC fans dating, everything is related. Mario is the next in the long line of retreads that a few on this board apparently think can lead this team because he bought players at Bama and Oregon. The same guy that just lost his playoff chances a week ago to a 5-5 team from a conference about a bad as the ACC.

We have fans now wanting a coach that can win if Dabo goes away, rather than one that can knock Clemson off their perch. Has the BoT and AD lowered even the fans expectations now that we will accept a good coach because he may or may not be able to recruit without bags? The guy who now can win at Oregon a place were Willie T did better than he did in the ACC, and ChiRp almost owned college football.

If Ferman is truly asking for this you should have your answer to whether this is a good idea or not right away.

Advertisement
Absolutely ******* no to Mario.

He had one of, if not THE, best offensive lines in the country along with a first round caliber quarterback and still faceplanted in a conference that doesn't play defense.

He's a good recruiter that isn't a great coach. We've seen this movie before, no thanks.

With that being said, this is EXACTLY the type of hire this administration would make if they decided to move on from Manny.

Board Members have a "Mario Cristobal Spank Bank" folder on their desktop and inside is a bunch of those Mario Cristobal heads photoshopped on some unknown male nudes.

They been waiting for this moment for all their lives. Man, Phil Collins sang about this. The powers that be been telling you this was coming like a prophecy since they started playing In The Air Tonight before our games. Manny Diaz was like the "uglier version" of your ex that you end up dating at some point...feel me?

Advertisement
Back