Is Elder a 2nd Rounder?

clg003

Junior
Premium
He says he waiting on the advisory committee to tell him where he would land.

Since this year they only tell you if your in the first 2 rounds or they tell you to return to school...

Is he a 2nd round draft pick or better?

Advertisement
Wouldn't surprise me if he is. Another solid season with more development can equate to a first round pick.

4th imo. A lot of scouts have other corners ahead of him.

1. VH3
2. Tre'Davious White
3. Mackensie Alexander :confusion:
4. Kevin Peterson
5. Kendall Fuller
6. Will Redmond
7. Cam Sutton
8. KeiVarae Russell
9. William Jackson III
10. DJ White

He's most likely in the next group.

1. VH3
2. Tre'Davious White
4. Kevin Peterson
5. Kendall Fuller
6. Will Redmond
7. Cam Sutton
8. KeiVarae Russell
9. William Jackson III
10. DJ White

This. Its a very deep cb draft.

Advertisement
If a team values his return skills he is probably going rounds 2-5 as a pure corner probably third round or higher .

I'm a huge Elder fan, but no. He'd be wise to come back and boost his stock. Hopefully Richt will know how to use him and not have him standing on the sideline watching Berrios fair catch punts.

Where is this second round stuff coming from? A lot of players throw their name out there for the advisory committee and most don't hear what they may want to hear.

He's not the top corner on our team and there's others who are better in conference as well. His height and speed won't do him any favors either when he goes to the combine.

Good corner, but he's at best a fifth rounder today.

Advertisement
I'm a huge Elder fan, but no. He'd be wise to come back and boost his stock. Hopefully Richt will know how to use him and not have him standing on the sideline watching Berrios fair catch punts.

If he's going to be out there, I wouldn't mind Berrios fair catching more of them. Barring that, the kid needs to stop thinking he's Roscoe Parish and head straight up field.

He was 3rd team acc this year. No he's not drafted this year before 6th rd

Last edited:

1. VH3
2. Tre'Davious White
4. Kevin Peterson
5. Kendall Fuller
6. Will Redmond
7. Cam Sutton
8. KeiVarae Russell
9. William Jackson III
10. DJ White

And you don't even have Burns on there, who would def go higher.

He needs to come back and get stronger. Great player and athlete but not a big-time speed guy. His value is his playmaking ability, whether it's in coverage, as a blitzer or as a returner.

Advertisement
I've never heard that the NFL advisory committee only tells you if you are 2nd pick or better. I thought they told you what the consensus is and you make your own decision based on that

Charles gaines was a small db also and was much more productive than what elder has been and he was a late pick.

Advertisement
While I like Elder and have watched him since his high school days at Ensworth in Nashville, I don't think he is there yet. Probably a 3rd or 4th rounder in the 2016 draft and that's not a slam, it makes him one of the best 128 players in college football. If he comes back for one more year, with the right coaching staff, he could climb into the 2nd round and that is a huge difference in earnings.

I'd have him in the fourth based on his play, he had a knack for making the big time play or interception this year but physically he doesn't stand out. Kind of kid you take a day 3 pick on if you value the play making ability with the ball in his hands on returns. He should come back another year to get technically sound at corner and show that he can make plays consistently.

Advertisement
Back