Is David Gilbert our most important defensive player?

gacericardo

Junior
If he is cleared I think he is a MAJOR boost for our defense. An upgrade to our defensive line changes our entire 2013 season

Advertisement
Duke Johnson is by a landslide our most defensive player. I don't anticipate that we are going to be great on D, maybe we can be decent, but I think we are going to have to score alot of points to have the type of season we want. I don't trust the defense to keep teams under 20 on a regular basis, with or without Gilbert.

Duke Johnson is by a landslide our most defensive player. I don't anticipate that we are going to be great on D, maybe we can be decent, but I think we are going to have to score alot of points to have the type of season we want. I don't trust the defense to keep teams under 20 on a regular basis, with or without Gilbert.

Interesting take. I would say Gilbert and Porter but our inability to get off the field on 3rd down last year was absolutely crippling. We need a legit pass rusher in the worst way

Morris is. He has been harping on 3rd down conversions all off season and he is right. Combination of an improved defense and 3rd down efficiency.

I think Gilbert can be a difference maker for our defense b/c he is a grown *** man that knows how to rush the QB but i think the most important defensive players on this unit go by the name of O. Pierre, Curtis Porter, and Luther Robinson. D. Gilbert would be like the perfect missing piece along that D-line though, if he is healthy enough to play.

Advertisement
How about Deon Bush and Rayshawn Jenkins? If either of them go down that means Highsmith or Rogers.

The OC is more important, IMO. We abandoned the run to play 3 and out an AWFUL lot last year, and abandoned Duke when he was rolling, especially in the red zone.

Advertisement
why don't we worry about this gilbert if he actually shows up and dresses up in green and orange?

Advertisement
Most Important Defensive Player, Jimmy Gaines. His leadership from the linebacker position will pay dividends for us in those crucial 4th down situations.

Advertisement
No. If you're counting on a guy with an oft injured foot whose not enrolled to be your most important player on defense, you're facked. There's no one guy on this D right now that if I'm an opposing OC, I say I have to take away absolutely. We have to play better across the board, particularly up front, but across the board. "If" is a word that is still used too often when talking about the D.

The OC is more important, IMO. We abandoned the run to play 3 and out an AWFUL lot last year, and abandoned Duke when he was rolling, especially in the red zone.

Agree. Duke loves the endzone. He might not be the "big" back but kid loves to score and gets the ball over the plane. He need to be 1st option down close unless someone else proves they can get it in.

Advertisement
Back