Is D. Jackson moving inside? (Pic)

Advertisement
Advertisement
Who takes Chad's spot on running downs? Joe Jackson may be the man, referencing an article posted about his solid run stuffing numbers.

Who takes Chad's spot on running downs? Joe Jackson may be the man, referencing an article posted about his solid run stuffing numbers.
Djack for sure, but joe Jackson blossomed into a good run defender last year too though

Advertisement
Cut down the rotation some play
4 De’s(Jackson, djack, garvin and patchan for most of the season)
5 dts( Willis, ford, bethel,Silvera, ifeadi odengibo or Jordan miller)

We will be more than fine on the dline

We are in bad shape at de, this isn’t 20 years ago. Rotation is huge, especially with all the uptempo /no huddle offenses.

We’re so thin that we’re going to have to depend on Patchan, that should tell you everything. Kid is a good player but his knees are ticking time bombs.

De is one injury away from being an absolute mess.

I’d like to see Mccloud get a shot at rushing the passer on obvious passing down situations.

I’ve actuslly mentioned this to multiple people , I’m pretty sure he put his hand in the dirt at times in hs. He’d definitely help with the thin depth.

We are in bad shape at de, this isn’t 20 years ago. Rotation is huge, especially with all the uptempo /no huddle offenses.

We’re so thin that we’re going to have to depend on Patchan, that should tell you everything. Kid is a good player but his knees are ticking time bombs.

Rossaou is gonna have to step up.

Advertisement
Rossaou is gonna have to step up.

Yes sir, and either land a transfer or somebody moves like a Mccloud ( pass downs).

McCray had great film at de in ha, maybe he could give help on third downs, or obvious pass downs. I wouldnt hold my breath but it would be a nice surprise.

Yes sir, and either land a transfer or somebody moves like a Mccloud ( pass downs).

McCray had great film at de in ha, maybe he could give help on third downs, or obvious pass downs. I wouldnt hold my breath but it would be a nice surprise.
I agree with you. We are thin at the DE position but we have enough to make a run and if like you posted McCloud takes some reps then we should be fine.

Go look at clemson, we played more Des than they played all last season and we only played 5.... we will be fine. If he’s healthy patchan can play, this is starting to get reminiscent about how some complainedabout running back depth only difference is we have multiple real options at de. Outside of the usual suspects find me another team who had 4 quality de starters 1-4 at that spot other than a few teams including Miami with Jackson, djack, Thomas and Harris?

Advertisement

I watch A lot of football, Miami rotates their dline, front 7 really far more than other teams. Look at clemson backup de numbers compared to ours. Their starters played majority of every game

Go look at clemson, we played more Des than they played all last season and we only played 5.... we will be fine. If he’s healthy patchan can play, this is starting to get reminiscent about how some complainedabout running back depth only difference is we have multiple real options at de. Outside of the usual suspects find me another team who had 4 quality de starters 1-4 at that spot other than a few teams including Miami with Jackson, djack, Thomas and Harris?

I watch A lot of football, Miami rotates their dline, front 7 really far more than other teams. Look at clemson backup de numbers compared to ours. Their starters played majority of every game

Most teams constantly are rotating , complete shift changes like hockey. If not your Dl will run out of gas, there’s no defense in America playing their Dl all game.

With all the spread uptempo their substitutions for every possible situation.

Then mix in how thin we’re, the only way we don’t have a mess is if the de stay 100% healthy , which is a very dangerous proposition in the trenches.

You’re looking at this like nobody will get nicked or injured. That’s not how you plan on going into a season.

Rousseau has to play , just to make numbers to look reasonable, we’re moving lb’s to de and looking for transfers. That’s desperation.

We have a few talented guys but there’s nowhere near the talent or depth on the dl to be Miami. Not just de.

A few extra bodies isn’t depth.

Like I said , if we avoid injuries we can survive , but we’ll probably lose a game or two just on being worn down. Which sucks because the team is really close at mostly every other position group.

Cut down the rotation some play
4 De’s(Jackson, djack, garvin and patchan for most of the season)
5 dts( Willis, ford, bethel,Silvera, ifeadi odengibo or Jordan miller)

We will be more than fine on the dline

There’s 80-100 plays a game in college football , then mix in Patchan as a heavy rotation guy. A guy that probably hasn’t played 20 plays in his career.

Maybe Willis and bethel slide outside here and there to play some five tech. Moving lbs on obvious pass downs will also help. The staff will have to manipulate and massage the depth issue to survive.

I just pray we’re the healthiest Dl in history this year .

Last edited:
Djack for sure, but joe Jackson blossomed into a good run defender last year too though
My starting 4 would be Garvin, Willis, Nesta, Jackson; That's beef and speed. But I also want D.Jax to play and get paid. He more than deserves it.

Advertisement
Back