is Clive Walford top 5 tight end in UM history?

Advertisement
no… lack of talent. first year for this staff. next
he has a legitimate shot at going in the first round of the draft.

Clive Walford is one of the best tight ends for sure and has vastly improved over the years.... Especially since Larry Scott has been coaching the tight ends...

Last edited:
Advertisement
In terms of skill, Winslow was the best I've seen at the position in college. Shockey and Bubba were absolute studs. I'd put Clive on Olsen's level in terms of talent.

Clive made himself into a heck of a tight end. He couldn't catch a cold that first year. But, at the end of the day he wouldn't be one of the top guys that I think of because the teams he was on didn't win anything. Dennison, Shockey, etc.. Would come to mind first. Same with Duke, even though Duke made a lot of his yards with not a lot in front of him.

I say list the other 4. I know we have Winslow, Shockey, Olsen, Franks, Graham are better in my opinion.

Advertisement
Graham played one season here. More talented with better potential than Walford? Sure, but he didn't have a better UM career at all. Walford> Graham at UM.

Jimmy Graham played one season and had 200 yards and five TD's here. You guys aren't serious right?

Advertisement
Jimmy Graham top 5 in UM history? Lulz. That's like saying Sam Shields is one of the greatest CBs in UM history.

There is a difference between "top 5 tight end to come out of the U"and "top 5 tight end in UM history." Key words = UM History.

Clive is definitely up there. Graham doesn't deserve to be in the TE ring of honor over Clive.

Graham played one season here. More talented with better potential than Walford? Sure, but he didn't have a better UM career at all. Walford> Graham at UM.

He didn't ask for career. He just asked who was better. College numbers don't always dictate who's better. Jacory Harris most pass yards in miami history would you take him over Dorsey? Walsh? Kelly? Kosar? Testeverde? Torretta? ?????????

Would you take Harris over those guys?

Would you take Harris over those guys?

**** naw.

Advertisement
I thought Walford was better than Greg Olsen while at UM. Olsen dropped a lot of important passes while he was here and didn't get that straightened out until he went to the pros.

Advertisement
Back