Is 2016 our year to win the Coastal?

Advertisement
Does UNC lose a lot of guys?

Their last depth chart shows 4 Sr. starters on O and 4 on D. So they lose at least 8.

Miami had 2 Sr. starters on O and 5 on D + we lose Artie B. So we lose 8 also.

We did get stomped by UNC, but we stomped them the year before with Gorlden and then a position coach at the head. I like our chances with a proven winning coach at the helm with what we have returning!

Sorry, but FSU is not a highly likely loss. They've struggled mightily the last two years against Al Golden. Richt might be their worst nightmare.
The team will be lucky to even be in the CD conversation towards end of season. With that said, I believe there wil be much material for optimism headed into the '17 campaign, but just a bridge to far for CD just yet.

Let's run through each matchup objectively and make the case why Miami wins game by game. To many toss ups in my mind...and remember VT should be the same, UNC is rising, and UVA likely made a huge upgrade in recruiting/coaching staffs. Add in a highly likely loss to FSU and the math to CD competitiveness is just tough for Miami right now.

My heart wants them to win 15 games, my head tells me otherwise.

Does UNC lose a lot of guys?

Their last depth chart shows 4 Sr. starters on O and 4 on D. So they lose at least 8.

Miami had 2 Sr. starters on O and 5 on D + we lose Artie B. So we lose 8 also.

You shouldn't look at the depth chart to determine what we will be. You look at the guys returning to determine what they could be. The Canes return their leading sacker, leader tackler, leader rusher and receiver and leading passer. UNC loses their starting QB, their best best OL, and some key leadership on their defense.

You add in the fact that the game is in Miami, and most people will pick Miami to represent the Coastal Division.

remember when we lost a starter RB in Lamar Miller and got an unknown freshman by the name of Duke Johnson?

losing a starter doesn't mean anything.

besides, we should lose guys like Alex Gall from the starting line (or the team)

Advertisement
We have as good a chance to win as any other team.
And that is all I am asking for in year one. Change in mentality and discipline should go a long way.

Yes. Unc is losing their quarterback and best player marquise Williams and we play them at home

Notre Dame will be tough on the road but I would say outside of Ohio state they are losing the most talent in the country to graduation and the draft

FSU still has no quarterback but it'll be tough with dalvin cook and a rivalry game

Richt is 13-2 against gt and they aren't projected to be good next year from what I've read

Pitt lost their best player in their running back and their all America wide receiver is leaving for the draft not sure about the rest but we should be favored

VT is only one I'm not sure of. Fuente is bringing his Memphis OC who had a great year demolishing that conference, I'm not sure if it translates to the Acc. If so this game night be a problem for us if Diaz can't get the defense to play well

Long story short I see 3 tough games. Notre Dame, FSU, and VT. I don't think we lose all three. We may got 2-1 or 1-2 here and may slip up against a lower division opponent but it'll be our best shot

Notre Dame has no bearing on whether we play in the ACCCG or not

i hate the word "Coastal"! Would like to transfer to another conference just so i don't have to hear it again. Give's me flashbacks. PTCGD = Post Tramatic Coastal Goal Disorder

Advertisement
Advertisement
Back