Irma might impact FSU Practice/Prep week

Yea, if a Cat 5 Hits South Florida, I think prepping for FSU would be the least of their worries, the game can always be rescheduled, but making sure your family and love ones is going to be much more important.

Finally a dose of reality in this thread. If Irma makes a direct hit, as forecast in many current models, the damage would be so catastrophic that nobody would care about football for weeks. That may not be popular on a specialized message board but it's where we would be. Some local players would have family members displaced, and so forth. The campus itself could have significant damage. Practice fields needed for issues more important than practicing football.

Obviously that is an extreme result. The extreme is not particularly low percentage right now.

Advertisement
still far away, may miss florida and go into the gulf

Either way. Some models forecast Gulf, some of the more reliable ones now have Irma moving east and skirting the coast. That would be preferable to splitting the center of the state where Miami would feel the brunt of the northeast quadrant.

The consensus is still forecasting that center split. That's the problem. We need something to break in either direction.

I would urge against early panic and hysteria. This storm will be gone from our area by this Sunday. Don't see how that impacts FSU prep.

I remember ECU not being able to practice at all due to a hurricane flooding out the Carolinas. Then David Gerard and Steve Logan proceeded to spit roast Booch David.

I don't see a need to panic either, but even if the storm is "gone from our area", no telling what it leaves behind. If it goes up Florida Bay as a category 4/5 storm that is very Andrew like. I remember what Andrew left behind. It wasn't pretty.

I would urge against early panic and hysteria. This storm will be gone from our area by this Sunday. Don't see how that impacts FSU prep.

I remember ECU not being able to practice at all due to a hurricane flooding out the Carolinas. Then David Gerard and Steve Logan proceeded to spit roast Booch David.

I don't see a need to panic either, but even if the storm is "gone from our area", no telling what it leaves behind. If it goes up Florida Bay as a category 4/5 storm that is very Andrew like. I remember what Andrew left behind. It wasn't pretty.

And we played Iowa a couple days after Andrew. Cancelling a football game 600 miles from a storm isn't going to negate the effects of the storm.

Advertisement
Right now the projections have it out of Miami by Sunday and turning north and going through all of Florida. That means it has more likelihood to **** up FSU over the course of the week than it would Miami.

The game could get canceled if that happens.

Modern day Sherlock Holmes

Thats complete, utter bullshat. I'm more like Hannibal from the "A" Team, thank you very much. Get your facts straight, hombre

And we played Iowa a couple days after Andrew. Cancelling a football game 600 miles from a storm isn't going to negate the effects of the storm.

Or 12 days after Andrew.

Yeah, I'm beginning to think some people think the FSU game is THIS Saturday night.

Ahhhh, that god**** ECU game. Didn't we donate a bunch of money to their recovery effort prior to that game to add insult to injury too? Yeahhhh, Botch was in full effect then.

Or 12 days after Andrew.

Or 12 days and 14-16 hours after Andrew.

Advertisement

Yeah, I'm beginning to think some people think the FSU game is THIS Saturday night.

Ahhhh, that god**** ECU game. Didn't we donate a bunch of money to their recovery effort prior to that game to add insult to injury too? Yeahhhh, Botch was in full effect then.

I remember ditching my homecoming date at a Bennihana's near Detroit to watch that abomination. She had a massive shnozz, UM was up 20-3 at half.

Some people on this forum are such es. Already talking about cancelling the FSU game. You said the same thing last season

I remember ditching my homecoming date at a Bennihana's near Detroit to watch that abomination. She had a massive shnozz, UM was up 20-3 at half.

Hahahaha. That actually sounds like lyrics from some Bob Seger/Kid Rock collaboration song.

Or 12 days after Andrew.

Or 12 days and 14-16 hours after Andrew.

Yep. Definitely had electricity by then. I remember watching that game.

Advertisement
Worse case mia/fsu moved to Oct 7th but then have to play ga.tech on short week

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk

Advertisement
Back