Irma might impact FSU Practice/Prep week

The Svengali

Sophomore
I know there are more at stake than a **** football game (lives, property, etc), but since this is a football board I will make a football related comment that's related to this storm. This storm is going to greatly impact practice and prep for FSU week...in a major way. And that will be a major break for FSU, especially since they're breaking in a new QB.

Advertisement
Nah, we'll be fine. They'll be breaking in a new QB, and we'll have him broken by halftime.

This is shaping up to be a pretty scary storm. I hope it finds a way to do a U turn and dissipate into the Atlantic, because if this hits Florida or the gulf as a CAT 4 or 5, it will be catastrophic.

In football terms, this has a good chance of impacting travel back from Arkansas. The players may get stuck or have to fly to a city further north and take a bus down. Doesn't sound like much, but that's a great way to throw the game planning calendar out of sync.

Advertisement
They can use the dolphins facility I think. Plus they can always fly out early if they can't practice.

Sent from my SM-G935T using Tapatalk

Advertisement
If I were James Blackmon, the last Hurricane I'd be worried about is Irma.

[TWEET]901466770401353728[/TWEET]

Right now the projections have it out of Miami by Sunday and turning north and going through all of Florida. That means it has more likelihood to **** up FSU over the course of the week than it would Miami.

If the storm gets to the panhandle, there may not be a game. What's crazy now is, if you live on either coast you don't yet know if you should stay or get to the other side.

Advertisement
I would urge against early panic and hysteria. This storm will be gone from our area by this Sunday. Don't see how that impacts FSU prep.

I remember ECU not being able to practice at all due to a hurricane flooding out the Carolinas. Then David Gerard and Steve Logan proceeded to spit roast Booch David.

Advertisement
Yea, if a Cat 5 Hits South Florida, I think prepping for FSU would be the least of their worries, the game can always be rescheduled, but making sure your family and love ones is going to be much more important.

Advertisement
Back