IPF

canesbaby

Sophomore
Premium
Ok so exactly how far away is this thing from being fully funded? I see tweets tonight from Blake pledging up to $5k and Lemonis pledging up to another $100k with a statement that we need to finally get it fully funded. Anyone else have a strange feeling about this or is this typical find raising for a big project?

Advertisement
Ok so exactly how far away is this thing from being fully funded? I see tweets tonight from Blake pledging up to $5k and Lemonis pledging up to another $100k with a statement that we need to finally get it fully funded. Anyone else have a strange feeling about this or is this typical find raising for a big project?

No

Surprised other schools fans not making an issue with recruits that the U can not raise enough money for a IPF. Pretty embarrassing.

Surprised other schools fans not making an issue with recruits that the U can not raise enough money for a IPF. Pretty embarrassing.

This could be completed in a second if Frenk wants it to be. There's still enough cash floating around from the 2 momentum fundraisers. When it comes to athletic funding the school is a little cheap historically. It is what it is. This will get done

This could be completed in a second if Frenk wants it to be. There's still enough cash floating around from the 2 momentum fundraisers. When it comes to athletic funding the school is a little cheap historically. It is what it is. This will get done

Guess just taking longer than most other schools, probably should have said disappointing instead of embarrassing.

Advertisement
I said it in the thread about the Lemonis gimmick. It is embarrassing that with all the multimillionaire super star pro football players that have come through here over the last 35+ years, they haven't gotten this thing paid for yet. Dwayne Johnson alone made $64 million last year.

Those other schools also rely on state funding to build their IPFs and other sports facilities. Thing about that for a second.

Last edited:
I said it in the thread about the Lemonis gimmick. It is embarrassing that with all the multimillionaire super star pro football players that have come through here over the last 35+ years, they haven't gotten this thing paid for yet. Dwayne Johnson alone made $64 million last year.

And the IRS declares themselves his 1/3 partner.

Advertisement

And the IRS declares themselves his 1/3 partner.

Anything he donates to Miami (FL) is a tax deductible contribution, so it would cut down on his tax bill.

I knew I made good on the stack I threw the IPF's way the moment Richt made that call to not settle for a FG. That's called a return on investment kids

The Rock has donated about $3 million to the U when you combine academics and athletics. How much have you given again?

Advertisement

You do realize their locker is called the Dwayne The Rock Johnson locker room? Let me quote an article on his donation to the athletic department:

"Johnson has generously donated to the school's Alumni Center and Football Facilities renovation fund. His giving, which was reportedly the largest donation ever given to Miami's athletic department by a former student, resulted in the renaming of the Hurricanes locker room."

Why do you post here?

Literally all of your posts are attempting to bash us in comparison to UGA. Just stick to your Dawg boards with your fellow inbred rednecks.

The Rock has donated about $3 million to the U when you combine academics and athletics. How much have you given again?

Sorry for not being overly impressed by that generosity. He made $64 million last year. $3 million is 5% of one year's earnings. I'm sure over the years I've contributed a lot more to Miami (FL) than 5% of my 2016 earnings.

Advertisement

You do realize their locker is called the Dwayne The Rock Johnson locker room? Let me quote an article on his donation to the athletic department:

"Johnson has generously donated to the school's Alumni Center and Football Facilities renovation fund. His giving, which was reportedly the largest donation ever given to Miami's athletic department by a former student, resulted in the renaming of the Hurricanes locker room."

That's great. He's the most successful person to come out of Miami (FL) athletics. He's doing the right thing.

Sorry for not being overly impressed by that generosity. He made $64 million last year. $3 million is 5% of one year's earnings. I'm sure over the years I've contributed a lot more to Miami (FL) than 5% of my 2016 earnings.

I love the way you like spending other people's money

He has donated more to the program than any other football alum. Check your facts.

I love the way you like spending other people's money

Hilarious.

Before you talk any more shīt about a guy that’s donated over 3 million to the school, post receipts of YOUR contributions, [MENTION=696]tcgrad1014[/MENTION]. Deal?

Advertisement
Back