IPF- Progress Pics (OP Updated July 10)

The main thing is, as long as it’s finished enough so they have a permit to allow indoor practices starting in August or thereabouts, who really cares about the rest?

They can spend the rest of the fall putting the finishing touches and finishing up the offices as far as I’m concerned.

Let’s not forget the one and primary purpose.

As long as they have a sheltered place to continue practice when that lightning alarm sounds, and not have to involuntarily miss practice time, then we’re good.

Not really how a Certificate of Occupancy works

Advertisement
I do not disagree at all.

However, for those dip****es on the board who like to beat their chests because they "predicted" the structure would be done by football season, I would point out that a "partial" occupancy certificate is highly unusual for the City of Coral Gables. I have been a student or young alum during the time periods when we built several buildings on campus, including the Wellness Center, and I have never previously seen Coral Gables sign off on any building that was only partially complete.

My hat is off to anyone who convinced those zoning board ***** to approve this accommodation.

Glad to see that things are changing at my alma mater, even though it has taken a looooooong time to get here.

You mean as opposed to the people beating their chests that it wasn’t going to be ready, because in reality that’s where the chest beating occurs.

You haven't watched the news. Trump just deported 800k Mexicans this month.
E8BADFEF-1C61-4720-BE7F-01687CA044A9.jpeg

You mean as opposed to the people beating their chests that it wasn’t going to be ready, because in reality that’s where the chest beating occurs.

No, that's a load of crap. Go back and re-read the posts in this thread alone. Plenty of people are trying to take credit for predicting on-time construction.

As I stated, I have watched every single on-campus construction project at UM since 1986. They have all gone over-budget and over-time. Every single one. The consistent issue in all of that has been the City of Coral Gables (and, to a lesser extent, the South Florida construction industry).

So, yes, it will be surprising and unprecedented for Coral Gables to allow partial occupancy of the facility. That's simply a fact, that the city has not done this for UM in the past. I can cite numerous examples.

****, when I moved into Eaton, they were still doing renovation work on the rooms. However, there was nothing structural that was being changed, they simply had not installed the cable boxes and brackets on the walls. Yes, it was 1986, and the building was not previously wired for cable.

If Coral Gables is becoming more pragmatic, that would be very nice. But I'll believe it when I see it. Even the original reporting on this issue left a major "out" for the possibility that the occupancy certificate will not be available by the beginning of the school year.

Advertisement
No, that's a load of crap. Go back and re-read the posts in this thread alone. Plenty of people are trying to take credit for predicting on-time construction.

As I stated, I have watched every single on-campus construction project at UM since 1986. They have all gone over-budget and over-time. Every single one. The consistent issue in all of that has been the City of Coral Gables (and, to a lesser extent, the South Florida construction industry).

So, yes, it will be surprising and unprecedented for Coral Gables to allow partial occupancy of the facility. That's simply a fact, that the city has not done this for UM in the past. I can cite numerous examples.

****, when I moved into Eaton, they were still doing renovation work on the rooms. However, there was nothing structural that was being changed, they simply had not installed the cable boxes and brackets on the walls. Yes, it was 1986, and the building was not previously wired for cable.

If Coral Gables is becoming more pragmatic, that would be very nice. But I'll believe it when I see it. Even the original reporting on this issue left a major "out" for the possibility that the occupancy certificate will not be available by the beginning of the school year.

I’ll take your word for it.

I’m sure you’d find lots of it won’t be finished in time predictions, as well.

I’m not a construction expert, but I do know occupancy certificates can be given as long as certain baseline criteria are met, even if the work is not 100% completed. For example, if what remains is purely cosmetic or non-essential. Whether CG decides to play ball or not, I don’t know. The reasonable standard is health and safety.

I'd never subject myself to this type of undertaking but I honestly wonder how many practices total were missed under the current and last HC's.

It feels like it's been more than at any other time in Canes history.

(I'm not asking you to undertake it either)
Honestly we end up missing out on like a third of our practices every year. Its absurd how often during fall camp especially that that **** bell goes off. Even on practices we dont technically miss we end up finishing them hours later.

100% dead on, balls accurate.

But, a big or small project, no matter the scope can get a thing called a Temporary Certificate of Occupancy

The city of Coral Gables is going to issue a TCO to permit 100+ students occupy a building before completion? They may ultimately issue a TCO but the facility will be **** near 100% completion before they do so.

Advertisement
The city of Coral Gables is going to issue a TCO to permit 100+ students occupy a building before completion? They may ultimately issue a TCO but the facility will be **** near 100% completion before they do so.

They will TCO for the field area. Too much money and power involved.

All they gotta do is seal off the other areas (e.g. temporary demising wall) and make it non accessible. As well as have life safety, and electrical done (for emergency lighting) for the field area only. None of that is nearly as intricate over the field compared to the rest of the building.

If this doesn't get done then the GC should be fired and then shot.

I’ll take your word for it.

I’m sure you’d find lots of it won’t be finished in time predictions, as well.

I’m not a construction expert, but I do know occupancy certificates can be given as long as certain baseline criteria are met, even if the work is not 100% completed. For example, if what remains is purely cosmetic or non-essential. Whether CG decides to play ball or not, I don’t know. The reasonable standard is health and safety.
We both know if a bathroom isn't painted some on here will beat their chests about how they told us it wouldn't be finished in time to take a colorful dump.

Huge problem with MUSCO lighting on the LED driver electronic controls inoperative for sport lighters phase compatibility issues with approved controls already on site.

GOCANES

Advertisement
Huge problem with MUSCO lighting on the LED driver electronic controls inoperative for sport lighters phase compatibility issues with approved controls already on site.

GOCANES

Say again.

It sounds like you just delivered a MUSCO lighting LED driver that wasn't working or normally doesn't work but now does or something but this sentence was a run on so I really couldn't tell. LOL Thanks for sharing, just joking about the post.

We both know if a bathroom isn't painted some on here will beat their chests about how they told us it wouldn't be finished in time to take a colorful dump.

when the bathroom is finished, the can go for a **** dunking as a reward for being right all the time.

Advertisement
Say again.

It sounds like you just delivered a MUSCO lighting LED driver that wasn't working or normally doesn't work but now does or something but this sentence was a run on so I really couldn't tell. LOL Thanks for sharing, just joking about the post.

OH the complete fire alarm system has to be ripped out and changed to a verbal annunciator type alarm ,which means every foot of piping for alarm has to be replaced with new plans for City of Coral Gables approval to install verbal alarm , massive change order add 3-4 weeks more best guess.

GOCANES

Say again.

Bottom line massive change orders with redesign including new plans revisions not everything but enough to push everything way way back.......NOT GOOD AT ALL.

Some people here have issues with the things I share , but this is all normal in construction business every single day. I've tried to convey this wholeheartedly and been called names and made fun of.
All I can do is let everyone here learn the hard way about this business and sit back and read post saying all kinds of crazy thing now hear this please.

FORGET ABOUT TCO OR CO NONE OF THIS IS GOING TO HAPPEN WITH THE WAY THINGS ARE NOW , UNLESS SOME VERY DRASTIC MONEY IS THROWN AT THE IPF LIKE HUNDREDS OF THOUSAND MORE MAYBE CLOSE TO A MILLION TO GET THE IPF ON SCHEDULE.

SO FOR NOW NOTHING BUT TRUCKS IN THE MIDDLE OF THE IPF.

LET AT NAME CALLING BEGIN.

GOCANES

Some people here have issues with the things I share , but this is all normal in construction business every single day. I've tried to convey this wholeheartedly and been called names and made fun of.
All I can do is let everyone here learn the hard way about this business and sit back and read post saying all kinds of crazy thing now hear this please.

FORGET ABOUT TCO OR CO NONE OF THIS IS GOING TO HAPPEN WITH THE WAY THINGS ARE NOW , UNLESS SOME VERY DRASTIC MONEY IS THROWN AT THE IPF LIKE HUNDREDS OF THOUSAND MORE MAYBE CLOSE TO A MILLION TO GET THE IPF ON SCHEDULE.

SO FOR NOW NOTHING BUT TRUCKS IN THE MIDDLE OF THE IPF.

LET AT NAME CALLING BEGIN.

GOCANES

It ain't that serious.

Advertisement
Back