IPF - 1.2M remains to fund

I'll let you know when I run into some.

As for you, I would't be able to pick you out of a bag full of sphincters.

Advertisement
many universities are adopting the Athletic logo into their actual academic logo. This is nothing unique to Miami. The reason why is because no one gives a **** about the academic logos, that are full of latin and intricate bs. The sports logos are easily identifiable, and if the sports teams are historically good, its an even better association to use. Miami academic departments were using the U logo since the 70's. **** in the early 2ks, the Campus PD began using the logo too. I'd say we were ahead of the curve in this regard. **** I think we actually gotta give credit to Shalala for that - they did a whole branding campaing in the late 2ks after we got the UHealth Program started.

It wasn't Shalala. It was Schnellenberger.

I recall a photo of Schnelly holding up the National Championship Trophy - and there behind him - were a lot of folks doing the "U" with their hands. Some supposed logo historians say it was adapted in 1992 - but that's shot in the *** when you see Schnellenberger's backdrop of player/students throwing up "The U" as he held up the NC Trophy.

In materials that Schnellenberger used in recruiting and even in the football programs and literature - he used The U logo.

The logo was already on the helmets - he just used it to market 'the brand.' The University of Miami was the first and for a long time the ONLY school to use the athletic logo as the institutional logo.

Academia - the school President - in 1979 wanted to do away with "The U," and replace it - but students protested and that gaye-boy had to back off. Different departments gradually included the logo on letterheads etc., and it wasn't until 2008 that the logo was included in UHealth, as they did a research survey - and even Damned Yankees from the Northeast easily recognized the "U" logo as representing the University of Miami. Entirely due to the football program.

Then in 2009 - the logo went University-wide.

Seems the academia group saw that the Football team had made the logo known and a familiar symbol nation-wide. Which helped bring in additional students.

Advertisement
Back