Iowa

I have more likes than you have on my post and had broken it down for you but you have your narrative that is hilarious.

But keep hijacking....and doing your best trolling.
You broke down a game’s worth of drives for me? Lies.

I don’t care how many likes you have. Your claim was “we all see it so quit trolling”. Plenty of people are rational enough to see it the other way.

And wasn’t all this not worth your time about three posts ago?

Advertisement
Big 10 garbage. Iowa would be 6-6 in the ACC. Iowa is so painful to watch. Todays game hurt my eyes and Iowa played like that all year this year.

The B1G is extremely top heavy. They’ll have three to four teams that are 10+ wins, & then everyone else will be 7-5 or worst. Quite fascinating actually. It’s like clockwork, too.

You continue to try a narrative that is both irresponsible and

Obviously reading comprehension is not your forte. You disregard what is not part of your weak narrative
The facts are the facts. And those of us that attend the games and watch the games know.

Just take your L and keep it moving. Your obsession with Wario and trying to blame everyone else is a joke. No need to respond to you. You're done.

Mods you can close this thread..of course you know who hijacked it...Jagrwander
@RVACane
IMG_1885.gif

💁🏻‍♂️

Just another guy who can’t cite facts so he comes at me personally. Another win for the common sense side.

We aired it out all year long. Not once did we do anything that resembled an Iowa game plan.

What if I told u we “aired it” out more last year than this year; would u believe that? Would u believe we were more of passing team last season?

I don’t think the term should be “air it out.” U can say we had more success on box like plays b/c we had better commitment to blocking. The passing game looked more competent, but just looking at how many times we’ve passed the ball is not a true indicator. It can give a clue, but that’s why just looking at the box score can lead to wrong conclusions w/o watching the game.

Do you know what happens when you are trying to run the ball all the time and its not working? You pass the ball bc you are behind.
Apologize all you want for Wario...he is not cutting it.
Horse****, put up the metrics then. We've not played from so far behind that we've had to abandon the running game but once this year. Even in game's we've lost we led for a good portions of the game. In fact, in both Emory games we've had to lean on the run out of necesitty which further biases the 'caveman' theory. Quit making **** up.

Advertisement
What if I told u we “aired it” out more last year than this year; would u believe that? Would u believe we were more of passing team last season?

I don’t the term should be “air it out.” U can say we had more success on box like plays b/c we had better commitment to blocking. The passing game looked more competent, but just looking at how many times we’ve passed the ball is not a true indicator. It can give a clue, but that’s why just looking at the box score can lead to wrong conclusions w/o watching the game.
I agree with that a hundred percent. Good post. But the numbers of times we passed should at the very least prevent these “Mario loves Iowa’s offense” claims. The guy wants to score points. He’s just not going to be Mike Leach about it.

I don’t think the term should be “air it out.” U can say we had more success on box like plays b/c we had better commitment to blocking. The passing game looked more competent, but just looking at how many times we’ve passed the ball is not a true indicator. It can give a clue, but that’s why just looking at the box score can lead to wrong conclusions w/o watching the game.
Last year would be a good example of playing-from-behind padding passing statistics - that's not been the case this year.

Horse****, put up the metrics then. We've not played from so far behind that we've had to abandon the running game but once this year. Even in game's we've lost we led for a good portions of the game. In fact, in both Emory games we've had to lean on the run out of necesitty which further biases the 'caveman' theory. Quit making **** up.
LOL, yep. We had the lead for the entire GT game except the last second. But he wants us to believe that we had to play catch-up .

Advertisement
LOL, yep. We had the lead for the entire GT game except the last second. But he wants us to believe that we had to play catch-up .

We were down 17-10 in the 4th quarter. We then tied them at 17, then took a 20-17 lead, then lost 23-20.

Last edited:
Why would u say that?

We had to come back against GT, UNC, FSU, NCST, UL, UVA all in the 4th. 30% of TVDs yardage & 28% of his attempts have come in the 4th quarter.
But it’s not that simple. In some of those games we had to come from behind because the passing game put us in a hole.

We were down 17-10 in the 4th quarter. We then tied them at 17, then took a 20-17 lead, then lost 23-17.

We lost 23-20.

And that’s a perfect example of the passing game causing the whole problem to begin with. Oh, and on the drive when we took the lead, we actually went backwards because of a sack.

Advertisement
But it’s not that simple. In some of those games we had to come from behind because the passing game put us in a hole.

No doubt, not disagreeing w/ that. All I’m saying is we did pass the ball more last year, but we should hardly consider last year’s offense as airing it out. We threw the ball slightly less this season, but our blocking, particularly on WR screens were night and day better this year than last year.

TVDs biggest game came last season when he tossed the ball 57x for 497 yards, & we loss by 3 against UNC. Once again, his biggest game came against UNC. This time he tossed the ball 48x for 391 yards & we lost by 10.

If u recall, Mario wasn’t too fond of us tossing the rock that much and wanted a more balanced offense. Those were his words. What we saw was an inconsistent offense; some games, series we looked like a potent, modern offense & then other times we looked like an archaic offense, running straight ahead.

Overall, we saw improvements in some areas, and room for improvement in others.

We lost 23-20.

And that’s a perfect example of the passing game causing the whole problem to begin with. Oh, and on the drive when we took the lead, we actually went backwards because of a sack.

Correct; I meant 23-20 since obviously I said we took the lead 20-17. Lol. I was looking at the 17 when I posted.

Regardless, u’re now bringing up something totally different. The subject matter was “we aired it out” b/c u looked at pass attempt stats. I merely highlighted no one would say we aired it last yr, although we passed more.

Why would u say that?

We had to come back against GT, UNC, FSU, NCST, UL, UVA all in the 4th. 30% of TVDs yardage & 28% of his attempts have come in the 4th quarter.
So about 1 quarter of attempts and a bit less that 1/3rd of his yardage has come during 1 quarter of a game? Seems about par to me? I'd love to see the splits though by game. I remember Emory doing most of his damage vs Clem and FSU in the fourth. We never had to 'air it out' this year outside of UNC. Last year we were literally getting blown out weekly. Of course we 'aired it out' more then.

Advertisement
So about 1 quarter of attempts and a bit less that 1/3rd of his yardage has come during 1 quarter of a game? Seems about par to me? I'd love to see the splits though by game. I remember Emory doing most of his damage vs Clem and FSU in the fourth. We never had to 'air it out' this year outside of UNC. Last year we were literally getting blown out weekly. Of course we 'aired it out' more then.

Yeah, & that’s fair. All I’m saying is that preferably Mario wants a ball control offense. He’s said so himself. Unfortunately, when u have a ball control offense, that means u better score. We’re not “airing it out” vs. using various pass schemes that’s dependent on blocking from WRs. We’re not spreading out defenders, which is why zone defense is so potent against our O.

But if u’re wondering how our defense can be stout, yet we find ourselves in 50/50 battles w/ **** poor teams, look no further than our offensive philosophy. Today was the absolute best version of our offense. It was a perfect crescendo b/c everything we wanted to do on O, BC is horrible at, and everything BC wanted to do on O, we’re great at.

Yeah, & that’s fair. All I’m saying is that preferably Mario wants a ball control offense. He’s said so himself. Unfortunately, when u have a ball control offense, that means u better score. We’re not “airing it out” vs. using various pass schemes that’s dependent on blocking from WRs. We’re not spreading out defenders, which is why zone defense is so potent against our O.

But if u’re wondering how our defense can be stout, yet we find ourselves in 50/50 battles w/ **** poor teams, look no further than our offensive philosophy. Today was the absolute best version of our offense. It was a perfect crescendo b/c everything we wanted to do on O, BC is horrible at, and everything BC wanted to do on O, we’re great at.
You make good points as usual, but rarely did we see a gameplan vs BC against an ACC opponent last year. We sure as **** didn't see the same gameplan against A2M last year as we saw this year.

Even with TVD leaving a bunch of meat on the bones today, he didn't turn it over, and collected some scalps when he needed to. IMO THAT has been the difference with winning or losing this year (if injuries are the cause of TVD's swoon so be it). Outside of Louisville, QB play made this boat purr or sink.

You make good points as usual, but rarely did we see a gameplan vs BC against an ACC opponent last year. We sure as **** didn't see the same gameplan against A2M last year as we saw this year.

Even with TVD leaving a bunch of meat on the bones today, he didn't turn it over, and collected some scalps when he needed to. IMO THAT has been the difference with winning or losing this year (if injuries are the cause of TVD's swoon so be it). Outside of Louisville, QB play made this boat purr or sink.

U know, and I’m saying this as an avid football fan, I won’t fully blame TVD here. One of things that has several handicapped our offense, including spreading out the defense, was our lack of creativity in utilizing the TEs and RBs in the pass game. When u’re playing 3 on 5 or 6 football, that’s tough.

I would hope moving fwd we will do a better job at protecting our QB, not by using max protect, but by incorporating the TEs & RBs in the passing game, especially w/ a young QB potentially being our starter next yr if we don’t hit on a vet via The Portal.

Last edited:
U know, and I’m saying as an avid football fan, I won’t fully blame TVD here. One of things that has several handicapped our offense, including spreading out the defense, was our lack of creativity in utilizing the TEs and RBs in the pass game. When u’re playing 3 on 5 or 6 football, that’s tough.

I would hope moving fwd we will do a better job at protecting our QB, not by using max protect, but by incorporating the TEs & RBs in the passing game, especially w/ a young QB potentially being our starter next yr if we don’t hit on a vet via The Portal.
Absolutely. Mario and Dawson did TVD no favors in scheming around his injuries or 'uncomfortableness' in the game plan until the situation had already reached critical mass. But we've all seen the screenshots of TVD passing up wide open checkdowns to throw late into bad windows.

Advertisement
Back