IOL Jason Zandamela, Clearwater Academy International

Advertisement
Btw Pate in his episode that he interviewed Mario said Zandamela left due to NIL issues not homesickness.

Bud Elliot on Cover 3 also said it was NIL. Said that USC didnt like what they saw from him when he go on campus and they rescinded their NIL and just didnt pay him.

So 2 connected people said its NIL and not "homesickness"
Wow,huge red flag.Hope UF gets him now.

Advertisement
I mean if he is choosing between UCF and whoever else goes after him he clearly isn't a take for us right now.

And honestly we have much bigger needs on Defense to be spending money. Need like 2 DBs, 3DLine, and offensively need RB and are getting a WR...

I mean if he is choosing between UCF and whoever else goes after him he clearly isn't a take for us right now.

And honestly we have much bigger needs on Defense to be spending money. Need like 2 DBs, 3DLine, and offensively need RB and are getting a WR...
Yea this sounds clear cut that we have other needs

Advertisement
****. Well, if UF and UCF are his possible destinations..you know he didnt get the traction he thought he would. Plus alot of programs just dont have the spots. Couple that with the fact he probably wants some kind of NIL deal..And USC sending out rumors that they werent too impressed with him for the NIL money he was asking for...and here we are.

Wait, dude had issue with NIL and thought his best way to resolve that was possibly UF? The school begging for money for NIL?
I think when people are saying it was "NIL related" it could be misleading, based on what has been posted so far USC gave him a nice NIL deal, then were not impressed with him and after spring "re-negotiated his deal" to probably peanuts and he said peace. To me that is a way of a school forcing a kid out and different from the kid going to the school and demanding more, then not getting it and dipping (a-la Colby Young) to another school for more.

I think when people are saying it was "NIL related" it could be misleading, based on what has been posted so far USC gave him a nice NIL deal, then were not impressed with him and after spring "re-negotiated his deal" to probably peanuts and he said peace. To me that is a way of a school forcing a kid out and different from the kid going to the school and demanding more, then not getting it and dipping (a-la Colby Young) to another school for more.
Sure, but in the end a lot of these kids—and apparently their agents—have absolutely no clue what they can actually get on the market. There's a reason a lot of these guys are still out there after bouncing. Would guess most get even less than they thought they'd get from their old school.

Advertisement
Sure, but in the end a lot of these kids—and apparently their agents—have absolutely no clue what they can actually get on the market. There's a reason a lot of these guys are still out there after bouncing. Would guess most get even less than they thought they'd get from their old school.
Well I think it is all relative. When a guy like Jordan Addison is hitting the open market, you can bet his agent has a fair idea of what #s will be thrown at him. A kid like this probably little an agent can do. School promises him 100k per year, he commits, after 1 year they say we need to renegotiate and instead say they will pay him 10k, he could obviously stay, or he could bounce to UF and make 10k. At that point the dollar is the dollar but unless you love the school and coach, a kid is likely to feel slighted at the number. Or **** USC could have gone from 100k to 20k and he still feels slighted and would rather take 10k to play for UF.

Well I think it is all relative. When a guy like Jordan Addison is hitting the open market, you can bet his agent has a fair idea of what #s will be thrown at him. A kid like this probably little an agent can do. School promises him 100k per year, he commits, after 1 year they say we need to renegotiate and instead say they will pay him 10k, he could obviously stay, or he could bounce to UF and make 10k. At that point the dollar is the dollar but unless you love the school and coach, a kid is likely to feel slighted at the number. Or **** USC could have gone from 100k to 20k and he still feels slighted and would rather take 10k to play for UF.
100% agree. And that last part is the point I was getting at. How many of these guys think they're going to make more than $20k and get $10k? They let their pride take over instead of thinking logically. That's where an agent and/or parent has to be the adult in the room and take emotion out of it and be honest. "I know you're hurt and feel disrespected, but you're not going to get a better offer out there." Obviously the Addisons of the world are a different story. But there are very few Addisons and a lot more average guys thinking they should make 6-figures.

Advertisement
100% agree. And that last part is the point I was getting at. How many of these guys think they're going to make more than $20k and get $10k? They let their pride take over instead of thinking logically. That's where an agent and/or parent has to be the adult in the room and take emotion out of it and be honest. "I know you're hurt and feel disrespected, but you're not going to get a better offer out there." Obviously the Addisons of the world are a different story. But there are very few Addisons and a lot more average guys thinking they should make 6-figures.
Agree, but I can also see someone taking less for a better fit. **** USC could decide 20k but he has been more or less told to seek shelter elsewhere. Is it worth the few extra bucks to sit in a place you know you arent really wanted? See it happen even in the pros where people may take less just to get out of a situation. Every kid is different so TBD on this one situation but I could see the adult decision and the kid emotional decision being one in the same (deciding to leave for less cash).

Agree, but I can also see someone taking less for a better fit. **** USC could decide 20k but he has been more or less told to seek shelter elsewhere. Is it worth the few extra bucks to sit in a place you know you arent really wanted? See it happen even in the pros where people may take less just to get out of a situation. Every kid is different so TBD on this one situation but I could see the adult decision and the kid emotional decision being one in the same (deciding to leave for less cash).
Agreed, but then it's not "an NIL issue," it's a culture issue. Now do kids overlook culture for the payday? Absolutely. I guess a lot depends what your personal financial situation looks like. An extra 10k, in this example, is still a lot of money. A lot of people stay in bad jobs and companies because they need/want the better pay.

Needless to say, a lot plays into all of these decisions. I'm also thinking of the kids that bounce 2-3 times in 4 years. That's just an immature kid with bad guidance.

Advertisement
Back