Interesting video (WR v. DB)

Technique, eye discipline and length. His movements are kinda robotic but the best corners play with proper leverage and anticipate route breaks. I think Blades Jr. will be a very good college corner.

Samuel Jr. and Woodbey are very overrated btw.

Advertisement
Bandy looked like a boss out there. He was all over Ruggs, Smith, and Jeudy. Harley looked good as well.
Not to burst your bubble but he got burned a few times. Blades looked like a Boss no catches on him except for 1 by Jeudy but it would have been out of bounds.

Last edited:
Great to have a Blades back. The thing I took away was that no WR will get down the field without feeling molested and perhaps raped. Like his uncle and dad, Al, Jr. puts his body on the other guy and there will be contact with the ground. Practice is about to get more physical and that is a very good thing.

Technique, eye discipline and length. His movements are kinda robotic but the best corners play with proper leverage and anticipate route breaks. I think Blades Jr. will be a very good college corner.

Samuel Jr. and Woodbey are very overrated btw.

Woodbey yes but Samuel is really good imo

Blades is gonna see the field fast. And why didn't we go after Grimes again?? Sheesh.

Advertisement
I’ll just say it...

Still doesn’t make it “ok” to lose Campbell or Surtain.....

Does Blades have to do with why we are likely going to miss out on other top CBs? They might think since he is a legacy they won’t get a fair shot plus they know he is good.

Blades is legit. The knock on him is that he can sometimes be too aggressive and jump the route when he shouldn't. He'll be a good player with some coaching.

Bandy looked like a boss out there. He was all over Ruggs, Smith, and Jeudy. Harley looked good as well.
Not to burst your bubble but he got burned a few times. Blades looked like a Boss no catches on him except for 1 by Jeudy but it would have been out of bounds.

I don’t have a bubble. Bandy handled Ruggs and Smith, and when it’s actually mattered he’s already proven himself to in fact be a boss. Blades is a boss, and comes from a long line but f bosses.

Advertisement
This old video popped up on my YouTube and was very entertaining to rewatch. It's the Rivals 5-star challenge, WR v. DB. The top national guys from both the Class of '17 and '18 are competing.

Some familiar names are Mike Harley, Trajan Bandy, Al Blades, Jerry Jeudy, Asante Samuel, Trevon Grimes, Devonta Smith and more.

All of the local guys showed well, but the guy that really stood out to me was Blades (beginning :46, 3:00 and again at 5:55).

[video=youtube;WITt_u8HY7I]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WITt_u8HY7I[/video]

look at 3:19 its exactly why these dbs dont turn there head sometimes, Bandy looks back and Harley is thrown open for an easy score. Its tough to be a DB period and Im sure every DB coach in America on the planet tell these dbs to turn there head, its pretty much risk or reward.

Yup it's not as easy as the whole board is shouting for after Wisconsin, there is a reason back shoulder fades and passing have revolutionized and strengthened offensive football at both levels. And from 1st to 4th quarter Wisky QB and receivers put on a CLINIC with it. Could we have played it better, of course? But they ran the back shoulder stuff to perfection, as outside of Redwine, we had em mirrored.

Advertisement
Back