Interesting tidbit about buyouts rolling into 2015...

MedleyCane

Senior
Checking on footballscoop.com and noticed at least 2 coaches whose buyout drops significant after today.
Not sure how relevant this is to Golden's potential buyout, and their buyout is with respect to getting
hired by another school, not termination.
But anyways....

Randy Shannon: Per Robbie Neiswanger who covers Arkansas, Randy Shannon’s buyout at Arkansas drops
from $100,000 to $50,000 at midnight tonight.
With multiple outlets now confirming the hire, it will be
interesting to see how Florida / Shannon / Arkansas agreed to address the buyout. Will update once that
information is available.

"John Chavis: Per source, Les and the administration met last night and then Les met with
Chavis. .......As of 7am this morning, per sources, he had not informed
LSU or A&M of a final answer. Sources we have spoken with believe that Chavis’ buyout at LSU drops from
$400,000 to zero at midnight tonight."

Advertisement
Irrelevant. Talking pennies in the grand scheme of schools that care about their programs. That said, a couple hundred thousand would probaby be some huge hold up for the clowns calling the shots for us.

Most assistants are on One year contracts that expire after bowl games or on Jan first of the following year.

Most assistants are on One year contracts that expire after bowl games or on Jan first of the following year.

Good point.
However, from reading this I got the inference that Chavis and Shannon are on multi-year contracts, no?
Probably not relevant to our situation.

Advertisement
RichRod's buyout at Michigan was similar, which was why he was fired after the new year. From accounts I've read, Golden's buyout drops a lot after the 2015 Season.

Al probably negotiated it where the buyout increases at midnight tonight and UM signed off with a smiley face and a "thanks for not leaving us during the cloud"

Al probably negotiated it where the buyout increases at midnight tonight and UM signed off with a smiley face and a "thanks for not leaving us during the cloud"

Haha....I wouldn't put it past those idiots!

Last edited:
I hope that fat bich is fired asap. They are backward thinking. Miami running on all cylinders is making way more money than whater it is to get rid of El Foldo. Plus all the opportunity costs he is costing us.

Advertisement
So if nothing happens tomorrow we know?
At this point, I'm just in disbelief at the level of negligence being shown by those in charge.
They are KILLING the brand. If this were their job in the private sector -
they would have been ****canned a long time ago.
I still can't wrap my head around this level of stupidity and that it's happening to something that I LOVE. ****ers

Sooo let me get this straight once that clock hits midnight, golden is significantly cheaper thus, firing him imminent

Advertisement
Back