Interesting take on this team from former cane

• Rodriguez said one big difference in the program’s transition from Golden to Richt “has been more manpower. We have five full time guys who work with football [in the weight room] and an army of interns. As opposed to having three or four coaches coaching 20 guys, and kind of trying to watch all 20 guys, [new strength coach] Gus Felder literally breaks it down to this guy has these two players.

“Recruiting now is a four-person operation as opposed to a two-person operation. We have a director of recruiting, Matt [Doherty]. He truly is the head coach of the recruiting operations. Don Corzine is truly our operations head coach, summer camps, travel, hotel. We have an army of interns in recruiting and operations. Those guys fill the gaps.

“Overall, more manpower, and this has been the trend in the SEC. I’m sure when [Richt] came here, he said this is what we need. Thank God [athletic director] Blake [James] and [deputy director of athletics] Jenn Strawley and the administration have said yes to a lot of things.”

“Same with Kyle Bellamy [who this offseason became UM’s first football-only nutritionist]. He has two [staffers] that work under him. One guy can’t do everything. While Gus and his crew are crushing guys in the weight room and really getting after it, Kyle and his crew are in the back in the garage making smoothies and shakes and fruit kabobs. Some of them are individual to [specific players]. It’s awesome.”

These are the changes that will make a huge difference over time. This type of systemic overhaul was long overdue and I think will pay dividends that (finally) change the trajectory of this program.

Advertisement
Lol at a true freshman coming in and lighting up your top10-talented undefeated rival and not having moxie.

Yall are crazy af. Kaaya could easily lead and play for the 2001 canes. Dorsey could never take the abuse kaaya has and still deliver strikes. Dorsey would throw the ball in the dirt if you even breathed near him.

Yall trippin dorsey was not that cool.

Furthermore, l-o-fuggin-L at even comparing an offense coordinates by coker to one coordinated by james coley.

Kaaya is supposed to throw more than 16 tds with a coach calling predictable bubble screens all day?

Stop comparing these two players because the circumstances weigh too heavily on the outcome.

Advertisement
Further evidence that compliance completely overreacted.

I just wish the staff knew what was going on earlier, so we could've brought in a Grad transfer LB.
I also would've taken a flyer on Deandre McNeal from Texas, that kid would've added some great depth at the LB spot for next year.
I'm just curious. How did you reach that conclusion from that? I also didn't understand the other dude who said Joel speaks glowingly about jermaine. It's a fact,he's fast. Let's all just put on our big boy shorts & move on. That's the point in everything Joel is saying. We're gonna be just fine with this staff & moving forward. Be grateful & rejoice brothers. All the crap is behind us now & we can focus on greatness. We're gonna be just fine without both of them. Just trust & watch. Personally I hate the compliance department. But I'm sorry.I strongly disagree with anyone who thinks the university was wrong on this. No one is reporting the reality of what was going on. Hasn't yet & from knowing how these things work unless you know the right people,yall never will know reality here. But my dude,compliance right or wrong did what they had to do. There was no alternative. It sucks for jermaine because his situation is semi different. But like in all instances there's always casualties who don't deserve so much of what they got.

Advertisement
That the statement about Alex Gall being able to play in the NFL pretty much discredits the rest of his opinion

I just wish the staff knew what was going on earlier, so we could've brought in a Grad transfer LB.
I also would've taken a flyer on Deandre McNeal from Texas, that kid would've added some great depth at the LB spot for next year.
I'm just curious. How did you reach that conclusion from that? I also didn't understand the other dude who said Joel speaks glowingly about jermaine. It's a fact,he's fast. Let's all just put on our big boy shorts & move on. That's the point in everything Joel is saying. We're gonna be just fine with this staff & moving forward. Be grateful & rejoice brothers. All the crap is behind us now & we can focus on greatness. We're gonna be just fine without both of them. Just trust & watch. Personally I hate the compliance department. But I'm sorry.I strongly disagree with anyone who thinks the university was wrong on this. No one is reporting the reality of what was going on. Hasn't yet & from knowing how these things work unless you know the right people,yall never will know reality here. But my dude,compliance right or wrong did what they had to do. There was no alternative. It sucks for jermaine because his situation is semi different. But like in all instances there's always casualties who don't deserve so much of what they got.
So, you're saying you don't disagree with the decision at all, and then in your last statement you're saying that Grace didn't deserve to be kicked off the team?
Okay...

"Where you are missing five to seven scholarships, if you’re recruiting well, that’s probably two or three first-round draft picks"

LOL. So the last 5 to 7 players on your team worth a scholarship are half first rounders?? Where does he come up with this?

I hate the lost scholarship excuse. Barely any program plays with 85 scholarship players. Ohio State recently won a NC under scholarship restriction. Losing 9 schollys over 3 years in football is nothing. It's not even a slap on the wrist.

Advertisement
Typical Herald article starts off by saying Rodriguez is the only football staff member to have played on an elite Miami team. So I guess the writer doesn't realize Mike Rumph is the DB coach and player from 98'-01'. God The Herald sports writers suck donkey ****!!!

For what little it's worth, I would agree that Kayaa is a superior QB to Dorsey. That said, Kayaa doesn't have enough time left in his career to elevate himself to Dorsey's level as far as UM greats go. Not his fault, he'd look like Payton manning if he had the supporting cast and coaching Dorsey had.

He wins one title and he's on Dorsey's level. Had Kaaya been here in 2002, we may have won that title game. Loved Dorsey, but Kaaya would have excelled with that talent around him.

Advertisement
Typical Herald article starts off by saying Rodriguez is the only football staff member to have played on an elite Miami team. So I guess the writer doesn't realize Mike Rumph is the DB coach and player from 98'-01'. God The Herald sports writers suck donkey ****!!!

Richt played on the Jim Kelly teams that laid the foundation.

So, you're saying you don't disagree with the decision at all, and then in your last statement you're saying that Grace didn't deserve to be kicked off the team?
Okay...

Nah. That's not really what I'm saying. I'll elaborate. Quan unfortunately since he's been here has had plenty of issues. He does stuff that there's no excuse for frankly and because he's talented we've basically dealt with it. Same thing with juwon. Jermaine on the other hand has never been an issue. He's a leader in the locker room.an excellent student & he stays in his lane. However without getting into too many details,he had decided he was going pro last year. He did things that would have been no pressure had he simply stuck to his first mind & went pro. But when his pre draft analysis came back he was told at best he'd be a late round pick. So he changed his mind. If any of yall know nate Webster you'll know how serious you gotta take that. Once you step across that line it don't matter how good of a kid or player he is. Especially ESPECIALLY ON PROBATION. So when I said it sucks for him it's not because he didn't deserve what happened. I say it because just like at all other major institutions around the country NO ONE WOULD'VE CAUGHT WHAT HE DID... big difference bruh. He got caught up in other peoples ****. Cause without juwon beating his chick & ****** her friend this investigation never comes up & all of them still on this team. See the difference now. Guilty is guilty. But like they say, if a tree falls in the Forrest but know ones around to see it,did it really happen (or however that ***** said,I'm a city kid)

Really good read, but the endless, needless comparisons to those great Miami teams just grow so tiresome.

Dorsey developed into a helluva, feisty leader on the field. That needs to be the next step in Kaaya's maturation.

Advertisement
Back