Interesting RE: schedule

Advertisement
Also Miami defense gets a bunch of criticism but we assumed the defense would not be good. This Miami defense has played 5 top 20 offenses. If offense continues playing this way I expect the defense to look a lot better against the remaining schedule.

5 points from being 6-2 (4-0 in conference)

7 points from being 1-6 (0-4 in conference)

Previous years we’ve had everything go right in close games (2017), everything go wrong (2018), and this year we’re 50/50. Could definitely be worse but 4-4 is a representation of being a 6-2 talented team and 1-6 level coaching team.
Well said. Why some can't see this is beyond me.

5 points from being 6-2 (4-0 in conference)

7 points from being 1-6 (0-4 in conference)

Previous years we’ve had everything go right in close games (2017), everything go wrong (2018), and this year we’re 50/50. Could definitely be worse but 4-4 is a representation of being a 6-2 talented team and 1-6 level coaching team.?
So you're saying we're closer to being 6-2 than 1-7

Advertisement
Has more to do with the parity in college football this year than those teams being good. Pitt isn’t a great football team. UVA is garbage. NC State is barely above average. UNC is trash. App St is a good G5 team. MSU is good but hasn’t played anybody that good. They barely beat middling B10 teams.
what games have you been watching?

Also Miami defense gets a bunch of criticism but we assumed the defense would not be good. This Miami defense has played 5 top 20 offenses. If offense continues playing this way I expect the defense to look a lot better against the remaining schedule.
What you expect, and what you get, will be two different things. Georgia Tech will have its best offensive output for the year this Saturday.

Advertisement
Michigan’s best win is Wisconsin. Look at MSU’s schedule and record they haven’t beaten anybody.
They’ve beaten everyone on their schedule. We can pick apart everyone’s schedule in the country minus uga and bama ar this point smd say the same

2 games = 5 points

3 games = 7 points

But we’re 4-4 so it doesn’t matter
We are what out record says we are. We were never gonna go 1-7. We’re average. Average teams will win a close game and lose one. The majority of the time they end up in close gsmes. We’ve only been blown out by two top 5 teams. We’re just the same team we’ve been the past 15 years

They’ve beaten everyone on their schedule. We can pick apart everyone’s schedule in the country minus uga and bama ar this point smd say the same
Which is why I said it’s more about the parity in college football and not the teams being good.

Advertisement
If Mandy Diaz wasn’t a ****** we would not have started downing the ball at the 15 yard line with 2 minutes left against Virginia instead of letting Tyler Van Heisman punch it in for the game winning TD and we’d be staring at 9-3 and a chance at the ACC title.

Sagarin has us at the 2nd hardest schedule (Indiana). We don't have anyone ranked higher than 61 (VT) left on the schedule.

Kinda wild that what we thought was an easy schedule turned out to be the hardest in the country to this point (according to FPI, which isn’t the end all metric).

Fairly positive none of the next 4 teams are in the top 40. I’m sure we’ll find some way to fvck it up, but 8-4 could be in the cards.

Except it’s not just the good teams who beat us…

Advertisement
Our version of a “tough schedule” includes

NC State a 2 point favorite against FSU
Mich St a supposed “top 5” team that’s a 3 point favorite at Purdue

We weren’t going to beat Michigan State either.
I disagree. It would have been closer if Mallory caught the TD pass, but a good coach would have had us tackling better, which killed us, and maybe opened the offense up a bit more for TVD.

Advertisement
Back