Interesting RE: schedule

Kinda wild that what we thought was an easy schedule turned out to be the hardest in the country to this point (according to FPI, which isn’t the end all metric).

Fairly positive none of the next 4 teams are in the top 40. I’m sure we’ll find some way to fvck it up, but 8-4 could be in the cards.

Last edited:
Advertisement
Advertisement

Kinda wild that what we thought was an easy schedule turned out to be the hardest in the country to this point (according to FPI, which isn’t the end all metric).

Fairly positive none of the next 4 teams are in the top 40. I’m sure we’ll find some way to fvck it up, but 8-4 could be in the cards.

Miami fans are very sad that we may win those games.

Miami fans are very sad that we may win those games.
I can wrap my head around the concept but when the game starts I will be damned if I'm rooting against the kids.

Whatever is gonna happen is outside my control.

If we win out I will celebrate TVD leading us to 8 and 4.

8 and 4 though 😑

The purgatory of purgatories.

Yet we haven’t in 15 years with 5 coaches… maybe it’s time we look at the schedule a little more realistically.
The unrealistic arrogance and the complete lack of self-awareness here is so telling. The teams at the top of the conference have the same budget, pay the coaches the same amount, recruit the same players & normally have much better fan support.

Advertisement
I can wrap my head around the concept but when the game starts I will be damned if I'm rooting against the kids.

8 and 4 though 😑

8-4 sucks, but winning out doesn’t.

We’ve already heard we should simultaneously smash Wake because their jersey says Wake, but they will smash us because their coach is awesome and we suck.

It’s fascinating.

We’ve already heard we should simultaneously smash Wake because their jersey says Wake, but they will smash us because their coach is awesome and we suck.

It’s fascinating.
Yup, just like NCState and Pitt did. Oh, wait. We won those. Let's fire Manny and start Garcia...

Easy for some teams to look good when they play in the ACC.

Sorry, but we should be destroying App State, UVA, Pitt, NC State and UNC every year.
We should absolutely be destroying those teams if it was 2000, 2001, 2002, 2003.

We are a 7-5 program the last 15 years, and the people in charge are ok with that.

We spend less money on football and recruiting than many teams you listed.

Advertisement

It’s fascinating.
Wake has

Campbell
Old Dominion
Norfolk State

And the vaunted ACC on their schedule thus far. Zero ranked opponents.

If we win out and Pitt and Virginia both lose were in the ACCCG and Manny Diaz sold his soul/next two generations of Diaz souls to the devil lol.

Advertisement
Easy for some teams to look good when they play in the ACC.

Sorry, but we should be destroying App State, UVA, Pitt, NC State and UNC every year.
This is misguided. The days of blowing teams out on a regular basis are gone in college football (except Bama). All around the country, week after week, teams you think traditionally should be blowing opponents out are in tight games. We haven’t been blowing out UVA, Pitt, NC State, and UNC for 15 years. That’s not an accident. The difference between teams ranked 8-40 these days is negligible, in the sense that a team in the 30-40 range beating a team in the 8-15 range is perfectly normal. Whether we want to accept reality or not, UVA, Pitt, NC St, UNC, are solid programs with good coaching and athletic department structure that put players into the league. We will never be “destroying” these teams on a regular basis, and there’s nothing wrong with that.

8 and 4 though 😑

From how we started the season to 8-4, would be a huge improvement!

This is misguided. The days of blowing teams out on a regular basis are gone in college football (except Bama). All around the country, week after week, teams you think traditionally should be blowing opponents out are in tight games. We haven’t been blowing out UVA, Pitt, NC State, and UNC for 15 years. That’s not an accident. The difference between teams ranked 8-40 these days is negligible, in the sense that a team in the 30-40 range beating a team in the 8-15 range is perfectly normal. Whether we want to accept reality or not, UVA, Pitt, NC St, UNC, are solid programs with good coaching and athletic department structure that put players into the league. We will never be “destroying” these teams on a regular basis, and there’s nothing wrong with that.

I think 9 more ranked teams lost yesterday.

Advertisement
Back