Interesting new 3-2-6 defense

I think we can all agree the best defense is Coach Janky Spanky’s patented “11 Sean Taylor’s on the field” formation

Advertisement
We’ve run this package numerous times..in fact..everybody runs this package on 3rd n long

If I had a nickel for every dime package that is run in college and NFL I'd be a rich man!

1565126706633.gif

This type of thinking by the coaches is going to be key when we take down Clemson for the ACC title THIS SEASON.

Advertisement
I think we can all agree the best defense is Coach Janky Spanky’s patented “11 Sean Taylor’s on the field” formation
One of the only dudes who could have probably played 10 positions in college. At 6' 3" 230, probably could have played WDE/Edge in a pinch, all three LB spots, some boundary corner, and obviously both Safety spots. Probably could have played a little RB, WR, and TE too. To be clear, I'm half-joking, but I'm not sure I've ever seen an athlete like that dude in my life. He was a big-framed LB with Cornerback feet and Shooting Guard vert. Unique.

I'd expect that personnel grouping with Amari Carter (or Finley) and Hall alternating as heavy blitzers and Derrick Smith in place of Knowles. The lineup would look closer to this:

DE Hill (standing up)
DE Rousseau (standing up)
DE Garvin (standing up)
LB Pinckney
LB Shaq
DB Bandy
DB Bladesye
DB Ivey
DB Finley/Carter
DB Smith
DB Hall

You can blitz a LB and a S and still drop 6. Nothing new here. Basically, madness on 3rd and 10+. This is what I hope we keep Franks in on 08/24. Please.
I love it, we have a lot of talent in the secondary, great athletes. Put your athletes on the field and unleash them. I said it all last year. When Smith and Carter were on the field it was something to watch. These dudes can run, hit and play the ball. Watch Smith be the breakout guy this year

Advertisement
Exactly, but most likely with a STRIKER!!!

Striker to me is just a safety playing the role of lb along the line of scrimmage in a dime look. All this jargon to me is just smoke. Just line them up and play!

In that package/3rd and long I'd go with: rousseau, ford, garvin, pinck, finley, bandy, ivey, blades, smith, carter, and hall.

Advertisement
My understanding, a traditional dime package includes 4 DL, MLB, 4 CB, 2 Safeties

I always understood a dime package as having 6 d backs however you want to configure it. Nickel is having 5 d backs, etc.

Knowles is gonna make a big play in a big game this year & make all of us eat our words. I could just see it.

Advertisement
Advertisement
Back