Interesting Malcolm Lewis article

No one knows anything about where Tracy Howard will end up. No one. His mother runs the show and she is Fort Knox. Does not offer clues. I've been told that most think that he is only considering UF and FSU, but that UM is very much in the picture. Like DMoney said, I don't think he will end up at UM and see him at FSU.

IMO: Best decision for him would be to go to UM, start his first year, and play in front of his family and friends.

That would be nice, but I think starting isnt an issue... He can go to any of the big 3 and start... UF's secondary maybe in worse shape than ours... We just dont have depth but they have numbers they just dont have talent... And although FSU's corners can hit none of them are good in coverage... Yea Brantley gift wrapped a 3 picks but they are overly aggressive and lack coverage awareness... He can literally start anywhere he wants...

Advertisement
No one knows anything about where Tracy Howard will end up. No one. His mother runs the show and she is Fort Knox. Does not offer clues. I've been told that most think that he is only considering UF and FSU, but that UM is very much in the picture. Like DMoney said, I don't think he will end up at UM and see him at FSU.

IMO: Best decision for him would be to go to UM, start his first year, and play in front of his family and friends.

That would be nice, but I think starting isnt an issue... He can go to any of the big 3 and start... UF's secondary maybe in worse shape than ours... We just dont have depth but they have numbers they just dont have talent... And although FSU's corners can hit none of them are good in coverage... Yea Brantley gift wrapped a 3 picks but they are overly aggressive and lack coverage awareness... He can literally start anywhere he wants...

Don't know about that. Check UF's pass efficiency stats this year. We also had a top 10 D. Our secondary started 2 true freshman and 2 sophomores, all who are pretty **** good. Elam and Roberson are already proving to be elite talents. But yea you're right, Howard would still play and play a lot.

i would trade our secondary as it is now with a whole **** of a lot of programs including UF's. Our starters are weak and we dont have many young promising players coming up. Leggett and Rayshawn Jenkins would have been a real nice start to rebuilding , but it doesnt look like its going to work out with Leggett. We need Tracy Howard and Deon Bush in a bad way. Travell Dixon would be nice as well

Last edited:
I agree GoldCane. McGee is pathetic and unimpressive. Perhaps he makes a crazy improvement by next season. This past season it was embarrassing watching teams throw the ball on us. Unless the QB threw the ball in the ground it was an easy completion.

Don't know about that. Check UF's pass efficiency stats this year. We also had a top 10 D. Our secondary started 2 true freshman and 2 sophomores, all who are pretty **** good. Elam and Roberson are already proving to be elite talents. But yea you're right, Howard would still play and play a lot.

I dont know Killa the corners looked shaky at times... I wasnt sold on Riggs and Roberson did improve towards the end but in my opinion its not like they solidified the positions from a kid like Howard... Now Elam is the truth the kid is making some noise... And if Shaw is leaving that leaves a spot open because he played a lot... Oh yea the kid Saunders is really good too... But other than Elam and Saunders I think Howard can come in compete for a starting job just like at any other school...

Advertisement
I agree GoldCane. McGee is pathetic and unimpressive. Perhaps he makes a crazy improvement by next season. This past season it was embarrassing watching teams throw the ball on us. Unless the QB threw the ball in the ground it was an easy completion.

I didnt like the McGee signing from the beginning... We took him because of speed but he has improved each year... I think he will do fine... He isnt as bad as you make him seem but he is still learning the game... I hope as well that he takes the next step... As far as consistency goes...

I didnt like the McGee signing from the beginning... We took him because of speed but he has improved each year... I think he will do fine... He isnt as bad as you make him seem but he is still learning the game... I hope as well that he takes the next step... As far as consistency goes...

+1

Truth be told McGee was playing a lot better in the later part of this season.

+1

Agreed. Still a puzzling disappointment but there's time.

+1

Agreed. Still a puzzling disappointment but there's time.

What the **** is puzzling about it ? Dude who never played CB, still can't play CB. Seems pretty straight forward to me.

Advertisement
What the **** is puzzling about it ? Dude who never played CB, still can't play CB. Seems pretty straight forward to me.

Plenty of great corners don't play corner until they get to college. Corner is not an impact position in high school. Joe Haden never played a snap there and he's headed to the Pro Bowl.

McGee had the speed and size, and as a quarterback he (presumably) had the feel for the game. But instead he's the only converted quarterback I've seen with no instincts.

I dont know Killa the corners looked shaky at times... I wasnt sold on Riggs and Roberson did improve towards the end but in my opinion its not like they solidified the positions from a kid like Howard... Now Elam is the truth the kid is making some noise... And if Shaw is leaving that leaves a spot open because he played a lot... Oh yea the kid Saunders is really good too... But other than Elam and Saunders I think Howard can come in compete for a starting job just like at any other school...

Yea Riggs is garbage, I wasn't including him LOL. I was mainly talking about Roberson, Elam, and Saunders. Watkins got abused at times but he grew each game. **** Haden, Wright, and those guys got lit up badly as true sophomores in 07'. So I'm encouraged these freshman have held their own, they were actually the strength of the defense. We got 0 pass rush, near the bottom of the league there so that makes their play a bit more impressive.

Elam should be 1st team All-SEC this year. Roberson was making his way to freshman All-American honors and an All-SEC bid too, likely 3rd team since Bama's and LSU's secondary all have 1st round picks there. But yea Howard is playing wherever he goes. I think he starts for you guys immediately on the outside though if he chose you. At UF I think he'd start at nickle right away and probably push Watkins to start by year end.

Last edited:
I like this Lewis get.

I like those Miramar wide outs. gogeta and I were all over Stedman Bailey when he was a guy no one knew about...we were singing that kids praises when we were taking Kendall Thompkins, Davon Johnson and the like. Loved Sticks McCartney...**** I woulda taken their boy Chambers just because to make sure I got the whole **** group...I thought those boys were that talented...

This Lewis kid...I like'em. I remember seeing him as a sophomore in the playoffs.

He'll end up being one of the better wide outs from a large class we bring in, for sure.

MIRAMAR STAND UP!1..LOL

Naw foreal...Larry is right...these Miramar wr's are well coached. They got a coach..T.Y guy works with them and one of my bys...these guys work on passing and routes year round.
Kendall Thompkins??....me and larry were screaming Stedman Bailey...Bailey had Cris Carter looking at him like "son your the real deal"....these guys are fine tuned in the route running. etc..of playing wideout.

Malcolm is a solidly built kid...who is quick..and also physical..(think a bigger Davonne Bess/ Darnell Jenkins type)...he's dangerous with the ball in his hands...(QUICK SCREENS)...i dont think he shirts...guy will compete

:mad: miramar is nothing carol city in a better area. man, that whole team played for carol city. even the best corner

Advertisement

Plenty of great corners don't play corner until they get to college. Corner is not an impact position in high school. Joe Haden never played a snap there and he's headed to the Pro Bowl.

McGee had the speed and size, and as a quarterback he (presumably) had the feel for the game. But instead he's the only converted quarterback I've seen with no instincts.

Yea this isnt unheard of... I think I remember Lemming saying that most of the top corners in college didnt play the position in hs... Although he played corner too, Patrick Peterson was a running back... And I dont think Champ Bailey played corner in hs... Most college corners were great athletes in high school and the coaches just put the ball in their hands because they were so much advance as far as athleticism goes than their opponents... But this wasnt the case with McGee he was just fast... The kid really wasnt a football player... Josh Robinson was the better db even in high school...

McGee is a natural athlete but he is still learning the game... I really didnt care too much for his signing... And I usually liked Shannon recruits... I knew they wouldnt have been contributors until their rs-sophomore and juniors years but I was expecting a better performance from our upperclassmen as well... But I didnt care about the McGee signing... I didnt care that he was a 4 star or a Army All-american because his production wasnt really good... That being said he has improved each year and hopefully he takes the next step towards being a good corner... He has the athleticism but he just lacks the football instincts... But I was impress with progress this year...

Advertisement
Back