Interesting look at Mark Richt's UGA Coaching Tree

Paranos

All-ACC
Link
https://www.ajc.com/sports/college/georgia-assistant-coaches-where-did-they/vrM2FZgeBNwNEV59yy6YSM/

In particular since games are won in the trenches I wondered where his former line coaches ended up, considering Coach Richt likes to recycle(rehire) his former staff.

RICHT’S FINAL STAFF — WHERE THEY ARE NOW
  • Brian Schottenheimer, offensive coordinator/QBs — Indianapolis Colts, QB coach
  • Thomas Brown, running backs — Miami, Co-offensive coordinator, RB coach.
  • Bryan McClendon, receivers — South Carolina, co-offensive coordinator, WR coach.
  • John Lilly, TEs, co-special teams — Los Angeles Rams, TE coach
  • Rob Sale, offensive line — Louisiana-Monroe, offensive line
  • Jeremy Pruitt, defensive coordinator, defensive backs — Alabama, defensive coordinator, defensive backs
  • Tracy Rocker, defensive line — Retained at Georgia.
  • Kevin Sherrer, outside linebackers — Retained at Georgia.
  • Mike Ekeler, inside linebackers — North Texas, defensive coordinator
RICHT’S OTHER ASSISTANT COACHES AT GEORGIA – WHERE THEY ARE NOW
  • Brian VanGorder, defensive coordinator (2001-04) – Notre Dame, defensive coordinator
  • Rodney Garner, defensive line (2000-12) – Auburn, defensive line
  • Mike Bobo, QB coach (2001-014), offensive coordinator (2006-14) – Colorado State head coach
  • Neil Calloway, offensive line (2001-06) – Southern California, offensive line coach
  • John Eason, receivers coach (2001-08) – recently retired after spending past seven years at Georgia in an off-field role.
  • Willie Martinez, secondary (2001-09), defensive coordinator (2005-09) – Tennessee, defensive backs.
  • Jon Fabris, defensive ends (2001-09) – Riverside Military Academy (Gainesville), defensive line coach
  • David Johnson, tight ends (2001-07) – Ohio University, offensive line
  • Tony Pierce, running backs (2001-02) – Savannah State, linebackers/special teams
  • Ken Rucker, running backs (2003-04) – Retired in January after spending last 11 seasons at Texas, the last eight in an off-field role.
  • John Jancek, linebackers (2005-09) – South Florida, safeties coach, after serving as defensive ccoordinator at Tennessee from 2013-15.
  • Kirby Smart, running backs (2005) – Georgia, head coach.
  • Tony Ball, running backs (2006-08) and receivers (2009-14) – Stepped down in February after one season as LSU’s receivers coach.
  • Stacy Searels, offensive line (2007-10) – Miami, offensive line coach
  • Todd Grantham, defensive coordinator (2010-13) – Louisville, defensive coordinator
  • Will Friend, offensive line (2011-14) – Colorado State, offensive coordinator
  • Warren Belin, inside linebackers (2010) — Wake Forest, director of high school relations
  • Scott Lakatos, defensive backs (2010-13) – Monmouth, defensive backs coach
  • Kirk Olivadotti, inside linebackers (2011-13) — Washington Redskins, ILBs
  • Chris Wilson, defensive line (2013) – Philadelphia Eagles, defensive line coach.

Advertisement
I was convinced John Lilly was going to get the 10th asst coach spot that went to Patke.

But then again, that would've been a smart move, so shame on me for believing it.

Isn't Lilly at Tennessee with Pruitt, basically in a support role?

But the point still stands.

That final offensive staff of his. No bueno.

Advertisement
So from that list

Fire Hartley and replace him w John Lily

Fire Jon Richt and replace him w Ken Dorsey

Advertisement
I am not surprised that so many quality coaches worked for CMR at Georgia. He is a quality coach. My issue is with his shift to this new RPO based offense and his play-callling within that system.

I am not surprised that so many quality coaches worked for CMR at Georgia. He is a quality coach. My issue is with his shift to this new RPO based offense and his play-callling within that system.
I don’t think anyone here is knocking his qualities as a coach. It’s just his role as an OC and his son’s ability to coach QBs. In all, his hands may be tied by the budget the program has, but he can still do better. James Blake needs to do better.

Advertisement
Advertisement
I have not yet dated a Jersey girl.

My last girlfriend was from Staten Island.

Good lord man out of the frying pan and into the fire. Those princesses on the other side of the Goethals are even more talented. I had a staten island princess in my younger days when I went to visit a friend who played at Wagner. My Cane brother she did things I didn't know where possible up to that point I was her 1st black guy; she was a talker, had a snapper, and a squirter an as the paisan say fuhgeddaboudit.

Go Canes

Last edited:
This isnt a rpo based offense. Yall dudes have no idea what rpo is.

I was convinced John Lilly was going to get the 10th asst coach spot that went to Patke.

But then again, that would've been a smart move, so shame on me for believing it.
Pretty sure Rick tried to bring Lilly here with him, but Lilly didn’t want to come.

Good lord man out of the frying pan and into the fire. Those princesses on the other side of the Goethals are even more talented. I had a staten island princess in my younger days when I went to visit a friend who played at Wagner. My Cane brother she did things I didn't know where possible up to that point I was her 1st black guy an as they say fuhgeddaboudit.

Go Canes

Do you have any pictures of this lovely lass you dated?

Perhaps I know her.

Advertisement
Back