Interesting Edgar Cerenord tidbit

Advertisement
Potentially good news then with Valentine or Sawyers. If they've cooled down on him.

Normally I would be right there with you but many took us not offering Skai Moore as a sign that Matt Thomas was coming.

Well, at least we won't be *****ing about not offering/going hard after Cerenord. Skai Moore will always haunt this staff, or at least until he goes to the NFL.

Advertisement
Potentially good news then with Valentine or Sawyers. If they've cooled down on him.

Normally I would be right there with you but many took us not offering Skai Moore as a sign that Matt Thomas was coming.

Well, at least we won't be *****ing about not offering/going hard after Cerenord. Skai Moore will always haunt this staff, or at least until he goes to the NFL.

Moore is the biggest miss by the staff since they been here. It definitely will haunt them. I don't see that with Edgar though.

Well, at least we won't be ****ing about not offering/going hard after Cerenord. Skai Moore will always haunt this staff, or at least until he goes to the NFL.

Skai will hurt but we have to see how some of the other linebackers play this year before we go with haunt. Also Thomas trolled everybody and i mean everybody while he never committed anywhere. **** the kid went to FSU but didn't want to so thats a once in a decade mess that nobody was prepared for

I hate everything because people are furious about a guy they never heard of 3 weeks ago.

Advertisement
I like Edgar more than Sawyers. He's an athlete in the line of a Warren Sapp and his tape had some elite pass rush for a DT. Sawyers seems more like a power guy who isn't as well rounded as Edgar power and speed/run and pass rush wise. I do want him in general, especially over Sawyers, but he's not even in Valentine's universe. We need to get TV back on board.

Advertisement

Well, at least we won't be ****ing about not offering/going hard after Cerenord. Skai Moore will always haunt this staff, or at least until he goes to the NFL.

Staff will not be here that long.

I think this is a mistake by the staff, I would of brought him in and gave him a red shirt, more defensive players need to start redshirting to mature and also this guy has exceptional feet and quickness we need to get pressure on the QB. If you look at good college defensive lines like Florida and FSU their linemen have quick steps and are powerful.

Advertisement
We should have been on Cerenord from the jump. Seen him play live and have always been a fan. Even assuming for the sake of argument the staff is correct on their evaluation of him as a plan c kid (which I personally disagree with and the staff has an F record on DT recruiting so far) given how shaky we've been recruiting DTs how do we not recruit him and give him a spot? Taking 3 high school DTs is not a luxury we can afford? Really? Valentine has always been rumored as a grades issue and Moten was committed elsewhere for some time as well. Given how much of a crapshoot DL recruiting is and the importance of the position I think we should be taking as many guys as possible, particularly when we arent getting elite guys. I would have taken Deadrin Senat last year for the same reason.

On the other hand, if they think he's is a poor scheme fit (more defensible argument) I STILL think he's a take. While I agree he is a natural 3 tech DT, he is still better than what we have at 3-4 end with potential to develop as a nose, and again, from strictly a numbers perspective the more the merrier given how bad we've struggled.

We should have been on Cerenord from the jump. Seen him play live and have always been a fan. Even assuming for the sake of argument the staff is correct on their evaluation of him as a plan c kid (which I personally disagree with and the staff has an F record on DT recruiting so far) given how shaky we've been recruiting DTs how do we not recruit him and give him a spot? Taking 3 high school DTs is not a luxury we can afford? Really? Valentine has always been rumored as a grades issue and Moten was committed elsewhere for some time as well. Given how much of a crapshoot DL recruiting is and the importance of the position I think we should be taking as many guys as possible, particularly when we arent getting elite guys. I would have taken Deadrin Senat last year for the same reason.

On the other hand, if they think he's is a poor scheme fit (more defensible argument) I STILL think he's a take. While I agree he is a natural 3 tech DT, he is still better than what we have at 3-4 end with potential to develop as a nose, and again, from strictly a numbers perspective the more the merrier given how bad we've struggled.

I totally agree with you on this one.

Right on point, good post brother

DCH, Hit the nail on the head. Dont know when we got so picky at DT like we are FSU or ALA but we need all the quality bodies we can get. Im not saying bring in anymore "Junior Alexis" or "Corey King" types but ole' Edgar seems like the very definition of quality depth. A solid DT who can give us some burn when he is a Rs-So.

Advertisement
Back