Interesting development. Prayers requested.

It is true that his mother has been in declining health for some time now. I pray for her recovery and for the entire Cristobal family.

I try not to delve too deeply, but there was a poster who mentioned something about a week ago that indicated there was at least one other east-coast trip recently. I'm also praying for the family, I met his folks (very briefly) at a UM graduation (obviously a long time ago). I knew a lot of the players from working as a tutor, but it was always great to see how proud everyone's relatives were at graduation (and I mentioned on another thread how much they all loved Dr. Anna Price for all of her academic support and helping to keep everyone on track to graduate).

Advertisement
Told you guys that a few months ago he was here cause mom was in hospital. He flew here on Phil Knights private Nike Jet, he wouldn’t have done that to interview with Miami he doesn’t move that way.

y’all need to relax. It’s happening. There’s a reason the AD talk has stopped. There’s also a reason the coaching speculation has as well. His mother is legitimately sick. He was born a Cane and he’s going to die a Cane. Miami is his home. Patience and emotional maturity is an easy ask. The man is going to do his job in Oregon like a professional until the end. TVD’s emergence has been fun for everyone to watch. Hopefully the new coach will see it wise to implement a similar offense. Anyone else want to guess who our next basketball coach is going to be 🤔

Advertisement
I could see "wanting to be closer to my sick mother" as a potential reason to relocate tho.
Was thinking the same. I did this myself when my father got sick several years back. People from all walks of life often make this decision, because some things are more important than money.

1st prayers for mama!!

2nd. For those who question a 12 hr trip, for a few hours of their company....
My father has had a series of strokes, in the last 4 weeks,..currently, hospitalized, and still facing a handful of obstacles, before anyone can have any real hope of success. I just got back, from a 4 hr round trip,..for a whole 30 min,..of the last of visitation hrs.

If you don't understand, these bonds, it's a testament to your "family"......and I'm sorry, you never had the chance to feel what a family 'sposed to feel like!!
It's truly a "you don't know, what you don't know" thing,....and maybe you shouldn't comment, on $hi+ you don't know!!
I hope your father gets better soon.

y’all need to relax. It’s happening. There’s a reason the AD talk has stopped. There’s also a reason the coaching speculation has as well. His mother is legitimately sick. He was born a Cane and he’s going to die a Cane. Miami is his home. Patience and emotional maturity is an easy ask. The man is going to do his job in Oregon like a professional until the end. TVD’s emergence has been fun for everyone to watch. Hopefully the new coach will see it wise to implement a similar offense. Anyone else want to guess who our next basketball coach is going to be 🤔
Rick Pitino is undefeated at Iona?

Advertisement
The new AD needs to replace Diaz, Larranaga, and Dimare. All three programs are reeling and need a fresh start. 100% serious with this one.

Please consider the following possibility.

Maybe, just maybe, the issues facing DiMare in baseball are the same issues that were impacting Jim Morris. We joined the ACC for the last 14 seasons of Morris' tenure. While we only missed the post-season In Morris' final two years, we only made it out of the Regionals 6 times in 12 playoff years, and we only made it to the CWS 4 times.

Between the demands of ACC scheduling vs. the loss of Independent scheduling, and the various NCAA baseball rules and limitations which have been making life much more challenging over the last 20 years, this isn't simply a question of "DiMare is a bad coach". We made the post-season in both of his non-Covid-cancellation seasons (and we were on quite a roll in the COVID season). We've MISSED the basketball season entirely in many seasons. We've failed to qualify for bowl games several times. But Gino has gotten UM baseball to the post-season in both non-COVID seasons and would have likely done the same in 2020, after two years of MISSING the baseball post-season in Morris' final 2 years.

I want us to get a lot better in baseball, but this is not the same as Manny's 3 years.

Please consider the following possibility.

Maybe, just maybe, the issues facing DiMare in baseball are the same issues that were impacting Jim Morris. We joined the ACC for the last 14 seasons of Morris' tenure. While we only missed the post-season In Morris' final two years, we only made it out of the Regionals 6 times in 12 playoff years, and we only made it to the CWS 4 times.

Between the demands of ACC scheduling vs. the loss of Independent scheduling, and the various NCAA baseball rules and limitations which have been making life much more challenging over the last 20 years, this isn't simply a question of "DiMare is a bad coach". We made the post-season in both of his non-Covid-cancellation seasons (and we were on quite a roll in the COVID season). We've MISSED the basketball season entirely in many seasons. We've failed to qualify for bowl games several times. But Gino has gotten UM baseball to the post-season in both non-COVID seasons and would have likely done the same in 2020, after two years of MISSING the baseball post-season in Morris' final 2 years.

I want us to get a lot better in baseball, but this is not the same as Manny's 3 years.
Those are all fair points but the regression of every single one of those veteran hitters last year can’t be ignored. It was staggering how every single guy struggled. I was very surprised he didn’t bring in a new hitting coach. It’s up to him to show he can do better with a new group of players.

Rumors, Rumors and more Rumors ……………

1638110920451.png

Rumors, Rumors and more Rumors ……………

View attachment 163445
This is the type of BS that could sink any potential deal. We are talking about the man’s mother ffs. This is bigger than a game and trying to suggest that the trip is anything more than about the health of his mom is arrogant and fvcked up, even by this board’s standards.

Advertisement
Those are all fair points but the regression of every single one of those veteran hitters last year can’t be ignored. It was staggering how every single guy struggled. I was very surprised he didn’t bring in a new hitting coach. It’s up to him to show he can do better with a new group of players.

Look, I completely agree with you on the hitting coach, it's a tough thing to get "just-right", particularly at the College Baseball price-point. I know the two things aren't completely comparable, but I'm a lifelong St. Louis Cardinals fan, but they were struggling all season with hitting, they hovered around .500 for almost the entire season, and many Cards fans (including me) questioned the hitting coach, who came from the cheating Astros.

Suddenly, the Cardinals started crushing the ball and they won 17 games in a row to make the post-season.

Do we know if we have a new hitting coach for 2022? I'm in favor of it. Who IS the official "hitting coach"? I know that JD Arteaga was the long-time pitching coach.

Advertisement
Look, I completely agree with you on the hitting coach, it's a tough thing to get "just-right", particularly at the College Baseball price-point. I know the two things aren't completely comparable, but I'm a lifelong St. Louis Cardinals fan, but they were struggling all season with hitting, they hovered around .500 for almost the entire season, and many Cards fans (including me) questioned the hitting coach, who came from the cheating Astros.

Suddenly, the Cardinals started crushing the ball and they won 17 games in a row to make the post-season.

Do we know if we have a new hitting coach for 2022? I'm in favor of it. Who IS the official "hitting coach"? I know that JD Arteaga was the long-time pitching coach.
Norberto Lopez is the hitting coach. I’m sure Gino is involved too.

It was just staggering to me how literally every single guy regressed so badly. To me, that is the biggest red flag on Gino. I’m not calling for his head, but I do think he needs to show that was an aberration not a trend.

There are definitely some other issues that impact baseball but the situation last year was massive indictment of the coaching staff.

Her last wishes:

"Deja de comer tanta mierda en Orejon y ven pa ka a MAKE THE U GREAT AGAIN!"

He then signs with the U, she survives the scare, and together they celebrate Ring #6 in 2025!

Seriously though, prayers up for la viejuca. 🙏🙏🙏. She's the mother of not just Mario but of Luis, another Canes alum and champion.

GO CANES!!!
Am I the only one that sees a post saying “last wishes” on this topic and thinks the poster is an ******* for saying that?

One of the worst threads ever.
Why don't we also discuss how someone's apparent sickness may affect our recruiting in the west coast.
Some people.....

Advertisement
Back