Peter Ariz

All American
Premium

Attachments

• EP 48.jpg
    EP 48.jpg
    558.8 KB · Views: 4
Advertisement
All the reasons to hire JD I hear from these guys are all the reasons that are completely irrelevant in evaluating a head coach hire. "He's a nice guy...He stays in touch with us former players... he knows what it's like to be a Cane...He went to UM..."
Go down the hall and grab a UM math professor. Ask him to quantify the odds that the best choice for this job- among thousands of qualified college and professional coaches- would be found on the current staff not once, but twice in a row.

If he's such a hot commodity, how come his peers have had no interest in poaching him over the years?

All the reasons to hire JD I hear from these guys are all the reasons that are completely irrelevant in evaluating a head coach hire. "He's a nice guy...He stays in touch with us former players... he knows what it's like to be a Cane...He went to UM..."
Go down the hall and grab a UM math professor. Ask him to quantify the odds that the best choice for this job- among thousands of qualified college and professional coaches- would be found on the current staff not once, but twice in a row.

If he's such a hot commodity, how come his peers have had no interest in poaching him over the years?

Blowing smoke up our ***… Not that I expected anything different, but that’s what it was

Advertisement
Advertisement
That pod made me want to vomit. Tried to give it one last try to be open minded before cutting the cord on UM baseball but that actually pushed me even further off the cliff. Great guy, knows Miami, former player, one of us, stays in contact etc etc. WTF! Couldn't even mention one single reason why he is you know... A GOOD COACH. I know a lot of nice guys who went to Miami, doesn't mean they should be getting that job.

A quality operation of any sort welcomes differing and outside viewpoints, personalities and ideas. Thats healthy. This... this is dysfunctional. I didn't realize how how bad the incest was with this program. All they talked about was former UM players for every possible role, including consulting about analytics. They are like some crazy cult

Advertisement
We haven’t won a World Series in just over 20 years. Let’s call it what it is, the baseball program has been sub par since then…so I feel hiring somebody who has been part of the problem for over 20 years doesn’t make sense. Hope he does great, but history is normally a pretty good indicator.

Advertisement
The Athletic Directors are only as good as the school they work for in their capacity.
It doesn't matter who the AD is if school is not committed to winning.

Nah bro. This one is squarely on the AD. This isn't cfb where the cost difference between an average coach and an elite coach can be 8-10 million dollars per year. UM could afford almost any baseball coach it wanted.

Nah bro. This one is squarely on the AD. This isn't cfb where the cost difference between an average coach and an elite coach can be 8-10 million dollars per year. UM could afford almost any baseball coach it wanted.
Baseball and basketball are winnable sports. There are no excuses for not doing so, if your athletic department “has money.”

Advertisement
Back