INSTANT REACTION: Miami Hurricanes 2024 Schedule Reveal

View as article
10+ wins should be the goal.
9 wins would be unsatisfactory.
8 wins or less is falling flat on our faces.

No excuses.

This reminds me of the cinematic classic 'Gung Ho' when Hunt Stevenson (played by the great Michael Keaton) made promises to the Japanese automakers and told his union --- ''15,000 CARS!!!"

Well Mario needs to get up there, pound the podium and yell, "10-plus WINS!!!"

Advertisement
This.
If he loses to Manny, he might as well retire midfield.
Nah, he won't lose to Mario.
Mario would do what he does best, and that's run the ball.

And he'll do that against a Manny Diaz coached team and defense.

4th and 17, 554 yards rushing, FIU, 14-0, list goes on....

🤷🏿‍♂️

This reminds me of the cinematic classic 'Gung Ho' when Hunt Stevenson (played by the great Michael Keaton) made promises to the Japanese automakers and told his union --- ''15,000 CARS!!!"

Great film.
Excellent visual.

Just as long as he doesn't then drive the first car off the factory floor and have it fall apart.

Advertisement
You guys have been expecting 9-10 wins for a decade now. Yes, we play in the ACC (a poor conference).

You can trust Mario all you want too! Miami for the last 5 years have been 2# in the ACC in talent based on recruiting rankings and transfers. This year, it can be argued, Miami has the best or 1# roster in the ACC! Miami was blue chip ratio in 2022 and 2023! Only 16 teams in both years were blue chip ratio. Pitt, UNC, Duke and Louisville has won at least 9 games in the last 3 years and Miami has out recruited them all! Pitt, UNC and Louisville have played for the ACC title in those 3 years. Pitt won the ACC in 2021! The excuses are over for Mario. He is needs to win 10 or more regular season games. Mario is the highest paid HC in Mario Miami history. He is currently 12th nationally at 8 million per year. His staff is the highest paid in Miami history and in the ACC and top 10 in the nation. Miami needs to win 10 or more regular season games! Period! The landscape in CFB is not the same as in the past. I don't care about the back to back top 10 recruiting classes! Why? Every player now gets a one transfer without sitting out for a year. If your not winning or your winning, with things like this, your losing 10 or more transfers! You add in your graduates and you can be losing 20 to 30 plus guys every years which could be freshman and sophomores from top ten recruiting classes. Knowing your roster is going to be changing this rapidly, year to year, the coaching must be on point **** near every game and every year. This just out talented people isn't always going to work in modern CFB like it did for Miami in the 80's, 90's and early 00's! The HC and staff who can adapt the best with NIL and transfer portal, they will be winning the most. You must be a good to great HC not just a great recruiter because those recruits can leave as easy and fast as you got them on campus in modern CFB!
Our evaluations have not been as good as our recruiting rankings have indicated the last 10 years or so. When we've lined up against a team like UNC we physically are no better than they are in most position groups. But yes, the coaching needs to be better and Miami has to find a way to overachieve at some point on the field.

Can you show me an example of the Mario *** kissers?

A specific post please I would like to see who you are yelling at
Funny thing is plenty of pro Mario posters have pointed out the coaching and on field results haven't been good enough yet we keep hearing the same played out narrative repeatedly

Last edited:
Advertisement
Our evaluations have not been as good as our recruiting rankings have indicated the last 10 years or so. When we've lined up against a team like UNC we physically are no better than they are in most position groups. But yes, the coaching needs to be better and Miami has to find a way to overachieve at some point on the field.
Seems like UNC for example was because the last LB we recruited until recently was Shaq Quarterman and Pink and I'm not even sure we brought in more then 1 or 2 good Dlineman a year. Seems like we used to recruit everywhere but where it mattered. Recruiting a Nesta Silvera and then leonard taylor a few years later was considered stacking chips.

If we stay healthy, we'll be favored in 10 or 11 games next year.

Only 2 that are questionable are FSU (who is replacing a lot) and Louisville.

Mario needs to win the games he's supposed to.

Advertisement
Advertisement
I have a hard time believing that we consistently recruit the wrong guys on a year to year basis. We don’t maximize our player’s strength. Take Jacory Harris for example, I’m willing to bet his college career would’ve been different had he went to Oregon. Look how better Kayaa looked once Richt tailored the offense to his strengths. The list goes on.

I have a hard time believing that we consistently recruit the wrong guys on a year to year basis. We don’t maximize our player’s strength. Take Jacory Harris for example, I’m willing to bet his college career would’ve been different had he went to Oregon. Look how better Kayaa looked once Richt tailored the offense to his strengths. The list goes on.
Ok. Let me give you recent examples at the WR & CB positions: 2017 class we chose to prioritize Mike Harley over Eli Moore. Moore killed it at Ole Miss. We overlooked Tutu Atwell who wanted to be here. At corner we chose not to aggressively pursue guys like Ricardo Holloman & Asante Samuel Jr who we could've had. I agree we haven't maximized our talent with the best schemes but we've missed on lots of guys and eventually when those L's stack up it hurts your program over the long term immensely.

The thinking that 9-3 is acceptable is a little nuts to me.

If we had taken a knee, it would have made us 8-4 last year.

Going 9-3 would mean a 1 game improvement. With all the money we have invested into getting a QB - to go with other transfers to come in and contribute, alongside the top 5 recruiting classes in back to back years - to think that a 1 game improvement is acceptable under year 3 of a regime is crazy to me.

And yes I know we technically went 7-5 - but Mario doesn't get a "pass" because he didnt make the call to take a knee. To think otherwise is asinine.

We also do not draw Clemson or UNC this year (who has beaten us like 5-6 years in a row)

Advertisement
Back