INSTANT REACTION: Miami Hurricanes 2024 Schedule Reveal

View as article
Fair enough. If Mario loses to Manny Diaz he is dead to me.
8cd~2.png

Advertisement
Advertisement
I believe in Mario. This year is huge. I was a big proponent that TVD was a major issue with our team and I was saying it last year during the Temple game I saw weaknesses with him staring down reads, having issues with coverages, way too reliant on X, lacked leadership, and that his aloofness was a major cause for concern.

We put two QBs on this roster. One with high NFL aspirations. Both with starting experience to go along with two talented QBs already here. We have strengthened the OLINE and DLINE to be as good or better than everyone we play.

If Mario doesn’t bring us at least 9 barring an injury to Ward ala Rodgers on the dang near first play, he isn’t the guy I expected him to be. Put up or shut up year. We should have 10 but my Canes PTSD the last 20 years won’t let me lock up a receipt for that just yet.

I believe in Mario. This year is huge. I was a big proponent that TVD was a major issue with our team and I was saying it last year during the Temple game I saw weaknesses with him staring down reads, having issues with coverages, way too reliant on X, lacked leadership, and that his aloofness was a major cause for concern.

We put two QBs on this roster. One with high NFL aspirations. Both with starting experience to go along with two talented QBs already here. We have strengthened the OLINE and DLINE to be as good or better than everyone we play.

If Mario doesn’t bring us at least 9 barring an injury to Ward ala Rodgers on the dang near first play, he isn’t the guy I expected him to be. Put up or shut up year. We should have 10 but my Canes PTSD the last 20 years won’t let me lock up a receipt for that just yet.
Knowing our luck though we’re going to start hearing rumblings about Poffenbarger leading the team better in spring and teammates are really responding to him and instead of what we all expect to have been an immediate QB resolution, has turned into a QB situation where half the team is split. Even worse we end up in the dreaded QB change every 3rd possession and “finding” the guy with hot hand.

LMAO that’s for all you CIS true mopers and Mario haters. I wanted to give you something to dream about, help push your negativity until Spring starts.

Advertisement
9-3 at minimum (really should be 10-2), or Mario Cristobal will never be successful here.

- You got a Top 5 college QB that’s a preseason Heisman contender being protected by what’s probably a Top 25 OL (conservatively)
- Revamped DTs / 3 very good edge rushers
- Retain best LB and top two corners, obviously need more help in the back end but life is made easier for them with disrupters up front
- Return top slot WR in the conference and your top two WRs in general
- A Certifiably baby back ***** of a schedule, Top 10 easiest amongst P4 teams without a doubt in my mind
- We get our two biggest rivals in UF and FSU in very fortuitous conditions (the former on the verge of total collapse, the latter losing most of their top performers in 2023 and we play them at home)
- Only one challenging road game on paper, and additionally…
- A bye before said road game / our toughest opponent (not sure if that’s a good thing under Mario but on paper it should be)
- Continuity on staff apart from maybe 1-3 departures that doesn’t involve key coordinator positions

This doesn’t even include younger guys that are expected to step up at key positions.

I mean it’s really now or never. If Mario doesn’t force a square peg into a round hole (regarding Cam and forcing him to operate a pro-style offense instead of letting him spread you out and beat you with his arms or legs), then this offense should score 30+ in pretty much every single game. We’re a WR1 and another DB away from winning anything substantial, but as of right now, it really should be a 10-2 team.
Continuity may be what puts us over. Not sure how long it’s been since we’ve kept coaches.

9-3 is the floor. We haven’t won 9 games since 2017. If Mario can’t win 9 this year he never will.

Team should’ve been 8-4 last year. And we were a few missed throws and blown coverages away from 10-2. This team competed in every game this year. We didn’t get blown out or give up. With the talent and experience we’ve got coming back, anything below 9-3 is a monumental failure. 10-2 is realistic if we stay healthy and Ward plays up to expectations.

Advertisement
I've left 3 games early in my cane life.

2007 UVA
2015 Clemson
2021 MTSU

I shant say no more lol
MTSU, went to the Club lounge bar at half time and stayed there for the second half ... along with about 95% of the people who had Club level tickets. Couldn't even give away my tickets for the rest of the season.

9-3 at minimum (really should be 10-2), or Mario Cristobal will never be successful here.

- You got a Top 5 college QB that’s a preseason Heisman contender being protected by what’s probably a Top 25 OL (conservatively)
- Revamped DTs / 3 very good edge rushers
- Retain best LB and top two corners, obviously need more help in the back end but life is made easier for them with disrupters up front
- Return top slot WR in the conference and your top two WRs in general
- A Certifiably baby back ***** of a schedule, Top 10 easiest amongst P4 teams without a doubt in my mind
- We get our two biggest rivals in UF and FSU in very fortuitous conditions (the former on the verge of total collapse, the latter losing most of their top performers in 2023 and we play them at home)
- Only one challenging road game on paper, and additionally…
- A bye before said road game / our toughest opponent (not sure if that’s a good thing under Mario but on paper it should be)
- Continuity on staff apart from maybe 1-3 departures that doesn’t involve key coordinator positions

This doesn’t even include younger guys that are expected to step up at key positions.

I mean it’s really now or never. If Mario doesn’t force a square peg into a round hole (regarding Cam and forcing him to operate a pro-style offense instead of letting him spread you out and beat you with his arms or legs), then this offense should score 30+ in pretty much every single game. We’re a WR1 and another DB away from winning anything substantial, but as of right now, it really should be a 10-2 team.

in year 3, and with all you just listed, if Mario can't turn the corner --- then wel... maybe he simply can't turn it.

Im dumb and stupid -- so Im optimistic about this upcoming season(I know, I know...)

Advertisement
We're a 9-10 W team right now. I firmly believe we have as good a roster or better than that of any of our opponents. But it's not differentiated enough to overcome bonehead game decisions and the randomness of college football. Need to continue upgrading.

Advertisement
Back